Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I haven't been one to dog the OC's but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

I haven't been one to dog the OC's but

Sep 16, 2018, 8:16 PM

Man I sure do miss those 400yrd passing 100yrd rushing games from 15'and 16' seems like they had a lot more confidence in their play calling than they do now. Sad but I'm starting to agree the OC play calling needs to get more agressive. Maybe DW4 spoiled us all but I just don't see those "chunk" passing plays like when DW used to pick apart defenses all the way down the field then throw the 20yrd fade to the corner for a TD. Maybe they will open it up with the start of ACC play this Saturday. Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I haven't been one to dog the OC's but

Sep 16, 2018, 8:20 PM

yes, but we can hit guys in stride on deep crossing routes now. Baby steps.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2018, 8:25 PM

The past tends to keep to itself . Nostalgic longings will not be tolerated inside of 2 decades .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 16, 2018, 8:33 PM

So I ask what is our offensive identity? Are we now a run first run heavy run often and mix in some hunh? Try a little of this and a little of that until we dig a hole and then start airing it out? I just haven't seen an "identity" from our offensive from watching the first quarter of the season. I will say this I AM EXCITED about the resurrection of our tightends usage.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2018, 8:36 PM

I think we go with whatever the defensive side is doing to stop us .
I remember hearing J. Scott say that it's changed to us feeling our way through a half now and taking our shots when there's opportunities. We have been inconsistent , but I can see we're going to tear it up at some point .. just too talented not to .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 17, 2018, 9:01 AM

Well said yon Tiger from afar. "Lord what fools these mortals be!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's say the Offense is in a transitionary phase

Sep 16, 2018, 9:03 PM [ in reply to Re: I haven't been one to dog the OC's but ]

Waiting on the new gunslinger to be coached up, learn the entire playbook, earn the team's respect, and lead Clemson in battles against the best of the best in college football. The current phase is just the transition … as TD 23 sez Defense can more than hold there own with consistency and help from Offense. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2018, 11:35 PM

I've watched Tiger football for many years, stretching back to the Danny Ford days and the infamous puntrooskie unfolding right in front of me. I've seen the Tigers contend for national titles, only to lose to bad Duke or GaTech teams. Weird things happen. Great game plans often fall to the wayside when players aren't on the same page. 5 stars who aren't focused can get schooled by 2 stars who are. Ace coaching can disappear overnight if a player or two aren't dialed in and focused for some reason or another. Girlfriend, home being flooded, parents in trouble, stress, or any number of things.

There are a lot of parts to a football team that have nothing to do with play calling, but that impact the game on game day. We, as fans, don't see most of it. We just see the outcome. The coaches see it. They have the whole picture. They know where they are in the overall season plan - and where they are falling short. This is one thing that makes Dabo and his staff so successful. They play the long game, as well as the short game. They have a strategy for the season and the overall program, as well as for each game. They are all accountable to that strategy. The proof is in the outcome. Clemson has never before been as powerful and successful a program as we are today. Not even under Danny Ford.

Take a moment to think like a coach who is thinking like this.
#1 With Kelly B, you can win the ACC and make the CFP, but not win it. He's a great game manager, but too limited to go out and take over like DW did. We are not Alabama, who methodically runs you into mush with bulldozers. We win thru explosive plays.
#2 We need TL to play like a seasoned star if we're going to win the natty this year. We've got to beat two of these three, UGA, Bama, Ohio State. Or someone who is better.
#3 We need Kelly B to keep us winning while TL grows
#4 TL has time to develop. But... he's got to develop as fast as we can develop him
#5 We have to keep KB in a positive mindset, and keep TL from getting too self important
#6 We have to stay within the culture of the program. The foundation of all our winning. That culture is more important than the score on game day
#7 There is a reason winning teams have one QB. Changing QB's disrupts the team's rhythm. You need a single leader in order to have good rhythm.
#8. You have two very different QB's in TL and KB. Almost two different offensive game plans.

So, what are you going to do? Pretty much what the coaches have done. Experiment a lot and see what works best against Furman and GA Southern. Lean on KB to win at TAMU, but sprinkle in just enough TL to keep Jimbo off balance. Lean on that DL while you "grow up " our secondary and LB's

Don't sweat that play calling lacked identity against lesser teams. That's the time we have to tweak the system.

The coaches are doing a great job. They won the ACC and went to the CFP with a 1st year QB who is more of a RB and a limited set of WR's. They are transitioning a tru freshman QB into a starting role against the UGA's and Alabama's of the world. Not a redshirt freshman. A true freshman.

Chill. Enjoy it. This ship is going in a very good direction.

Cheers

Sep 17, 2018, 9:28 AM

What you said TroutSlayer ??

And what you said was well said!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2018, 11:40 PM

So winning is no longer enough? We now have to win and gain a certain number of yards to secure your approval?

I miss rather songs where I understood the words they were saying

Sep 17, 2018, 8:02 AM

bunch of mumbling fools on the radio now.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I miss rather songs where I understood the words they were saying

Sep 17, 2018, 8:23 AM

^^^^ It might be time to get those hearing aids. My kids make fun of me when I say the same thing, and they understand all the words.

I dare you to translate this

Sep 17, 2018, 8:26 AM

https://youtu.be/4NJlUribp3c

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I think it is about the broad river in atlanta

Sep 17, 2018, 8:27 AM

but I didnt think the broad River 2 went any where near Atlanta

Sep 17, 2018, 9:24 AM

In our 3 games this season we've had yard totals of 531, 413, and 595, and we're currently 20th in the country in total offense. In the game where we had 413 yards, we played it safe to eat clock and protect a lead for most of the 4th quarter. That last statement is something many of us didn't like including myself, but we probably could have approached 500 yards in that game as well had we not played it so safe.

I get that it hasn't always been pretty so far, but to see so many of the posts around here you'd not expect our actual numbers to look anything like they actually have.

Sep 17, 2018, 12:26 PM

I've been waiting on those two (OC's) to send in a few running plays for Trevor. Seems they're a little reluctant to do so. 7 carries for 13 yards won't put the fear in any defense. That clemson offense doesn't go without a fleet-footed QB back there to move those chains. Dabo's in trouble if he loses Bryant.

with stud rbs we dont need trevor to run

Sep 17, 2018, 12:31 PM

load the box he has an arm..play off and we have ET

Since when has rushing for only 100 yards ever been a good thing?***

Sep 17, 2018, 12:32 PM

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive