Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just got home from game, how in the world did they come up with .9...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Just got home from game, how in the world did they come up with .9...

Jan 28, 2020, 10:39 PM

on the clock? I watched the replay in game and on tv, it either had to be 1.4 (when it hit really close to out of bounds) or .4 (when it certainly went out). They were had all night, this certainly didn’t help their cause

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Announcers literally said they "averaged the 2 times"

Jan 28, 2020, 10:42 PM

I've never heard anything like that in my entire life. Hell, you'd think we were playing an away game at UNC. Refs were trying anything they could to give the W to cuse.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just watched that, if they came up with that as an explanation...

Jan 28, 2020, 10:47 PM

every single official on the court should be relieved of their duties immediately. That cannot be an excuse under any circumstance

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Announcer rationalizing

Jan 28, 2020, 10:52 PM [ in reply to Announcers literally said they "averaged the 2 times" ]

I do not think that was the official determination. The announcers were rationalizing why 0.9.
In the end, a win!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just got home from game, how in the world did they come up with .9...

Jan 28, 2020, 10:47 PM

I was watching on TV and wondered the same. The announcers actually suggested that maybe the officials could not agree and used the number halfway between 0.4 and 1.4.

Re: Just got home from game, how in the world did they come up with .9...

Jan 29, 2020, 12:46 AM

The last thing we need is refs with a evryone is a winner mentality. Keep this up and they'll start averaging the scores and both teams will be winners. It's either .4 or 1.4.

I have zero idea.

Jan 29, 2020, 9:11 AM

If you’re not sure about a call you just keep it the same as what it was, which was 0.4, but they then revolutized officiating with a compromise? Could you imagine if a football ref didn’t know if it was a touchdown or not so he just gave the team 3.5 points? Quite honestly it didn’t matter either way it was like CBB knew exactly what play they were running three weeks ago and came up with the perfect counter for it there was no way they were scoring.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic