Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Play calls with 2 min.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,607

Play calls with 2 min.

Nov 9, 2020, 7:04 AM

My only issue with Saturday is when we got the ball back with 2:00 remaining it seemed like we were playing for overtime. With TJ playing well....why not take some shots , they stuffed the run game all night. Still feel we have a direct path to the playoffs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

(As usual) we were playing for overtime. But this time

Nov 9, 2020, 7:45 AM

with a shell of a defense, away from home, against a highly-motivated and playin-lights-out offense.

The dumbest thing in the world was to think we wanted to enter over-time in that scenario.

Reminds me of Tommy Bowden in the first Bowden Bowl saying he wanted to get into a kicking match in overtime against FSU, when they had all the MO and much better kicker.

Idiotic.

I have never been able to understand the final minutes

Nov 9, 2020, 8:24 AM

of close football games.

Countless times I have watched a "prevent defenses" lose a game or trying to run out the clock
with predictable running plays resulting in a three and out, then putting you in a "prevent defense"
causing you to lose the game.

If it's a close game why not just use what got you there in the first place?

I do not envy these coaches.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: (As usual) we were playing for overtime. But this time

Nov 9, 2020, 8:45 AM [ in reply to (As usual) we were playing for overtime. But this time ]

My point was...I feel we needed to play like there was five minutes left...not conservative. I had all the confidence in TJ...let him win the game. We just needed a field goal to walk away. As you said we were depleted on defense...but we put them back out there to try and stop a QB..we could not contain.

Nov 9, 2020, 8:53 AM

We were containing them at that point of the game though. They had only scored 3 points in the second half, and only one offensive touchdown all night at that point of the game. It’s not crazy to think we’d be able to have them use all of their timeouts and make a stop with under 2 minutes to go.

Nov 9, 2020, 8:45 AM [ in reply to (As usual) we were playing for overtime. But this time ]

My point was...I feel we needed to play like there was five minutes left...not conservative. I had all the confidence in TJ...let him win the game. We just needed a field goal to walk away. As you said we were depleted on defense...but we put them back out there to try and stop a QB..we could not contain.

Clemson completely mismanaged...

Nov 9, 2020, 9:37 AM

the final two minutes of the game (offensively and defensively).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,607
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic