Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting COVID observation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 614

Interesting COVID observation

Jan 14, 2021, 8:08 AM

I was out and about yesterday, all over town doing various things. The offices and office parks are at like 70% vehicle capacity. Lots of people are back in the office. I went by Chevrolet proving grounds and it was about 75% of what normal looks like in their parking lot.

My company acts like the building is covered in the bubonic plague. I work from home anyway/always have, but I need access today to grab some things and I had to answer 11 questions.

Its really odd how all of us are treating this differently. Everything just seems to arbitrary.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IMO most companies that NEED to have employees onsite

Jan 14, 2021, 8:17 AM

are getting back to normal just to keep the business going.

Our office is "closed" and I am working remotely and I am just about as productive as I was in the office. We can go to the office if we want, but you have to fill out a survey, etc to get in.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting COVID observation

Jan 14, 2021, 8:20 AM

IMO, that's why we should just give up on any rules other than masks, hand sanitizer, and pushing the vaccines. We need to be wide open other than that. I don't even think there would have had the DC situation with all of the those fine patriots without the Covid. All the lockdowns made people lose their minds.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The jerk store called***

Jan 14, 2021, 8:23 AM

Re: The jerk store called***

Jan 14, 2021, 8:25 AM

What did they say? I was serious by the way. I think people have too much time on their hands and that's not good. There is so much uncertainty with all of the lockdowns.

Message was edited by: Carlsbad®

That you're doing a great job by continuing to bring up

Jan 14, 2021, 8:28 AM

politics and your difference of opinion somewhere it shouldn't exist.

There's another board to talk about differences of opinion on these types of things.

Re: That you're doing a great job by continuing to bring up

Jan 14, 2021, 8:31 AM

Yeah, but I brought it up in a positive way. I just meant that the covid lock downs have been hard on people and it's not good for mental stability and being zenned out. That's all. It wasn't political at all. It was more of a mental health issue. We all want to be free normal again. Like tigermanac stated, it's all so arbitrary. I don't think the restrictions are worth the chaos. JMO

I was combining it with your response from yesterday

Jan 14, 2021, 8:34 AM

Like you did this yesterday, and again today.

*kisses and butterflies*

Agree people are stir crazy.......I didn't know if you saw all the things that happened immediately after lockdowns...like all summer long. There's been a lot of crazy during the entire pandemic fo sho.

Re: I was combining it with your response from yesterday

Jan 14, 2021, 8:41 AM

No, I will continue to be sarcastic and condescending in a nice way, but this wasn't one of those times. I was generally being very serious.

We lack good leadership

Jan 14, 2021, 8:22 AM

And freedom ain't free.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish we were allowed to work from home

Jan 14, 2021, 8:29 AM

My boss deems us "essential" and we were only working from home for the two to three weeks that NC was in "Phase 1". As soon as that ended, he rushed us all back to the office.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Man, that sucks. We are deemed essential as well, but our

Jan 14, 2021, 8:31 AM

corporate office has a MUCH different approach to this pandemic response.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are "essential" I suppose.

Jan 14, 2021, 10:31 AM

But we can be "essential" from home in the exact same capacity as we are in the office.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

That stinks, working from home is teh awesome.

Jan 14, 2021, 8:31 AM [ in reply to I wish we were allowed to work from home ]

Our office construction is complete in mid March, would love to hold out here the rest of.......my career.

I'm gunning for at least 2 days at home when we go back to

Jan 14, 2021, 8:35 AM

normal. Not sure if that will happen though.

I'm gunning for 4 or 5, will take having a job though

Jan 14, 2021, 8:37 AM

Driving 30 miles one way (for me) is really awful compared to when you don't have to do it.

I have half the company working from home and the

Jan 14, 2021, 8:36 AM [ in reply to I wish we were allowed to work from home ]

other half comes in when they need to. Everyone that works for me is essential. They are essential to their families because they need a paycheck and the are essential to me because I need them to work so that I can get a paycheck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I started my new job in September, have yet to go to

Jan 14, 2021, 8:33 AM

the office. Rumor mill pegs the time frame of back to work sometime between February and October.

Considering the office is about 3 blocks from the Capitol, I’m pleased I’ve been working from home recently.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My 2 largest customers have a no-visitors policy at their

Jan 14, 2021, 8:48 AM

operations. One is a global account so I cannot see the US or the international locations.
The other has 6 sites that I visit, but only seeing key people out for lunch. I understand their need for keeping people out.
Many of my remaining accounts will see me on site, with normal mask and distancing protocols. I blame the spikes on people in cities, most in 19-39 yr old range, and probably 95% of them that get the rona are asymptomatic and dont have any idea they have it. Then some % of them pass it on because they are careless in their behavior.

This thing is gonna run its course until the vaccine and infected numbers reach herd immunity....

I went to give you a point BUT you were on 60969

Jan 14, 2021, 8:54 AM

Nice

You too

Jan 14, 2021, 9:05 AM
U2.png(50.8 K)

We aren't allowing visitors from December of 2020

Jan 14, 2021, 9:13 AM [ in reply to My 2 largest customers have a no-visitors policy at their ]

until April 1, 2021.

We haven't shut down for one second, either.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Similar round the parts I've been in.

Jan 14, 2021, 9:09 AM

I think businesses and attitudes towards the whole situation fall into a few different categories:

*Some can't function without certain people there, so they deal with it best they can. Those there wear masks, social distance, etc. Those that don't have to be there aren't, or are at least on some kind of rotating schedule to reduce present population.

*Some can function without hardly anyone there, so they roll with that.

*Some straight up DGAF, so they operate as normal.

*Others are governed by corporate policies and have VERY strict policies that may or may not even be warranted, but are on more the CYA program because corporate.

I get companies wanting to limit liability, but common sense should rule the day. And by common sense, I mean DO wear a mask when social distancing isn't possible. DO wear a mask if you are in an enclosed area for a 15+ minute period of time with others. DON'T worry about shat if you aren't near anyone. DON'T come to work if you have ANY type of cold-like symptom. DO wash your hands. And for crying out loud, DON'T worry about wearing a mask when you are in a car by your fugging self. At risk? Come see us, let's work something out to keep you extra safe. No problem.

Unfortunately many folks don't have a lot of common sense, and it's hard to develop written policies that use common sense as a guide.

Oddly enough, our headquarters which is in

Jan 14, 2021, 9:15 AM

Southfield not too far from you sent out an email so people could have something in their car stating they are essential should they need to be out and about.

I can still go to the plant really any time I want, only hassle is a longer walk due to one entrance with the body scanner.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Charlotte is the exact opposite. BOA, Wells, other banks

Jan 14, 2021, 9:43 AM

and the law firms are nearly all remote. Its a Uptown-Ghost town

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Makes me wonder what the banks are going to do with

Jan 14, 2021, 10:28 AM

those big ole buildings when they see there is little reason to occupy them anymore.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Definitely going to impact office space real estate values.***

Jan 14, 2021, 10:53 AM

One REIT I have stock in is struggling. Down 50% or so year

Jan 14, 2021, 2:52 PM

to date. Luckily I don't have my life savings tied up in that and I can just keep on getting dividends to lower my per share price.

My office followed the FL state shut down order, but since

Jan 14, 2021, 10:21 AM

reopening the day after Memorial Day we've pretended like there's no COVID... even when people in our office have had COVID they've tried to sweep it under the rug.

Replies: 28
| visibility 614
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic