Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have had enough. You can't have it both ways. If the n
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1,988

I have had enough. You can't have it both ways. If the n

Jun 2, 2020, 10:49 PM

word is so offensive to you and everyone on the face of the earth then all of you need to stop saying it. Just because you are black doesn't excuse the use of the word. You say it everyday to each other but when someone else says it oh my god its the end of the ####### world. If you want to be treated with respect then start by not using the word at all. No rap lyrics or anything using the word. If you are not willing to stop using the racial slur that offends you so much then you have no right to ridicule anyone else for using it. I dont GAF who gets mad but it is time someone say it. Roast me thumbs down me I don't give 2 tic turds one way or the other. You want respect then start by respecting yourselves if this word really is offensive to you.Enough of this effing nonsense. Roast away!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understand, but I need to know

Jun 2, 2020, 11:01 PM

what is a tic turd?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I understand, but I need to know

Jun 2, 2020, 11:03 PM

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tickturd

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

oooh, one word with a k

Jun 2, 2020, 11:03 PM

makes sense now

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have had enough. You can't have it both ways. If the n

Jun 2, 2020, 11:13 PM

Sincerely hoping this Q&A (link below) from Emmanuel Acho helps you reframe your thoughts on this. He fields this question around the 6 minute mark, but his entire video is worth giving attention.

https://twitter.com/themanacho/status/1267609472589090816?s=21

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isn’t he a known Clemson hater? No interest in his

Jun 2, 2020, 11:42 PM

lecture.

Jun 4, 2020, 12:45 AM [ in reply to Re: I have had enough. You can't have it both ways. If the n ]

Thomas Sowell could help him. Emanuel seems well intentioned, but he is either covering up for others or misinformed of how we got to this point in history.

Too bad hypocrits never recognize they are.***

Jun 2, 2020, 11:30 PM

Re: Too bad hypocrits never recognize they are.***

Jun 2, 2020, 11:38 PM

That would be most of us.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that really an issue for you?***

Jun 3, 2020, 1:02 AM

Why don't you talk directly to black folks using the word?

Jun 3, 2020, 2:06 AM

Not gonna find many of them (any?) hanging out on the P&R board. Surely you know a few and can have a constructive conversation.

In the interim, probably not wise to use the word. I see no reason for it to come up in casual conversation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s the last word many heard from white people

Jun 3, 2020, 6:58 AM

while the noose was being strung up.

It’s a word full of venom. Who’s saying it has something to do with its toxicity.

Who are you talking to?***

Jun 3, 2020, 7:12 AM

Some logic to this. IMO more important things need attention***

Jun 3, 2020, 7:46 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL, it's 2020 and we're still debating

Jun 3, 2020, 8:14 AM

hard 'r' vs. soft r?

Preach it peckerwood!***

Jun 3, 2020, 8:17 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang...

Jun 3, 2020, 8:41 AM

You seem really eager to use the word.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Look man, he’s being reasonable enough

Jun 3, 2020, 8:43 AM

CAN WE ALL JUST START USING THE N WORD WITH GREAT APLOMB? I’M WILLING TO COMPROMISE AND END IT WITH AN “-RA” LIKE GRANDMA USED TO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the "double standard" is part control, part reality.

Jun 3, 2020, 9:30 AM

This isn't really that hard. Co-opting a negative term to diminish its power has plenty of precedent. Ask "the Deplorables". Do you think anyone is upset when they are called a "Yankee"? Regardless of the term's use in the black community, it stands to obvious reason why it is an unacceptable term for white people to use when addressing black people in common society (if you have a small circle of friends where you can use this language, okay, but to broadcast it beyond that is inappropriate). It is completely insulting and derogatory, with tremendous historical baggage.

This recent issue where an assistant coach repeated the term in an effort to correct a player who used the term in talking to another player is, in my opinion, complete garbage. It's just control. He did nothing wrong, except that he could be accused of doing something wrong. A conversation with the head coach to ensure he's aware of the sensitivities of the term (naturally he was or he wouldn't be reprimanding the player) and a quick conversation with his team to make sure they know that he understands...all fine and appropriate. Otherwise, just my opinion, nothing to see here. To breathe life into that incident from four years ago as a slight toward Coach Swinney is...I dunno...deplorable?

null

Why is this rant being entertained?

Jun 3, 2020, 9:49 AM

Did the RA feature go on the blink?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does it violate a rule?***

Jun 3, 2020, 9:52 AM

null

Re: Does it violate a rule?***

Jun 3, 2020, 11:55 PM

No rules violated. It simply states the truth. If you get offended then stop using the word all together. That's all I'm saying. You can't say I'm offended then turn around and refer to your best buddy with the exact same word you cry foul on.This whole race card is ########. You have every opportunity to make something of yourself. It's up to the individual to do it. Don't blame me or anyone else for your short comings in life.

I’ve only met a few people that were this

Jun 4, 2020, 12:00 AM

Desperate and passionate about wanting to use the n-word and they were wearing white pointy hats.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’ve only met a few people that were this

Jun 4, 2020, 12:07 AM

What the #### are you even talking about? I'm saying the word should not be used by anyone. You must be wearing a foil hat. I really don't know how you got I want to use the n word out of any of this but whatever helps you sleep Frances.

Jun 4, 2020, 12:52 AM

Soooo, do you buy your capes off the rack or make them yourself?

asking for a friend...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1,988
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic