Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have a sort of bad feeling about Texas A&M this year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

I have a sort of bad feeling about Texas A&M this year

Sep 6, 2019, 10:28 AM

I can't help but think if we struggle passing the ball on offense and can't keep a spy on KM we are going to get tested in a very big way. For those who have seen it Mond, I know... Texas State.. but Mond looked very sharp in terms of decision making and passing Saturday. It's going to be a major test for Isaiah and a great football game. If the refs don't call A&M for holding this year like they didn't last year at Kyle Field we're going to have a big time battle on our hands.
Yeah my blood runs orange and I've been a Tiger fan since the age of seven or eight and grew up going to every home and away game I could BUT I'm realistic and this game, if not a loss, will at least be a decent test for us. This isn't Georgia Tech in other words. Having said that I do think we dominate Syracuse this season unlike the last couple of years.
Make me feel better and tell me why we are going to win this game vs. the Aggies!

GO TIGERS!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SEC Officials, and we all know the HOLDING page got torn out

Sep 6, 2019, 10:37 AM

of their call book. Since Big John Simpson has already gotten tagged for that a couple times, this could work in our favor. I think this game comes down to linebacker / DB play, Mounds will try to hit a bunch of dink and dunk quick passes early. We have to stop that stuff in its tracks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those were Anti-Clemson-Conference refs last year

Sep 6, 2019, 10:41 AM

Would know a hold if I put a headlock on 'em.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have a sort of bad feeling about Texas A&M this year

Sep 6, 2019, 10:37 AM

It will definitely be a battle and either team could win. Clemson Passing game against GT was not the norm and I hope it was just a off game for Trevor. Seems silly saying it was a off game winning 52-14 but it was in passing.

Clemson will start the game trying to see if we can run the ball and some screens mixed in. If the running game is working then the safeties will start getting into the box and open up the passing game. If our guys can get both working then it’s lights out. If not could be a long night.
Our LBs will have to cover the crossing patterns that TA&M did well on last year as well.
I am a little nervous as well.

Go Tigers !!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think for some reason we forget about Etienne being maybe

Sep 6, 2019, 10:40 AM

the most dominant RB in college football. We focus a ton of attention on QB and WR matchups and forget about the fact that our offensive coaches call plays based off what the defense gives them. If they play to stop the pass we run (which is what GT did last week, which is also the main contributor to TL's low stat totals and Travis'monster numbers) And if they play to stop the run we pass. I think we have a good chance at exploiting whichever their defense gives up.

If we had a subpar or average running attack i would be more leary of leaning on the passing game. But we have both this year barring injuries. So Texas AM has to play mistake free on defense and get bounces to keep us from scoring or controlling the clock.

Texas AM is going to score. I see them getting about 24-27 pts and thats high. But i see us getting about 42-49 at home. It'll be a slow start probably but i think we start grooving at the half and second half we carry it out.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think for some reason we forget about Etienne being maybe

Sep 6, 2019, 2:02 PM

I like your assessment but I disagree on one thing. I think we come out hot and dominate this whole game. aTm doesn’t play well on the road. Bama scored 60+ on them last year at Bama. Our team has kept quiet this week and aTm has been running their mouth non-stop.

I don’t know why there are so many Debbie-downers this week. Get ready to be blown away by how we man-handle these a$$clowns.

Go Tigers.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man up, because Clemson is about to make a statement***

Sep 6, 2019, 10:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

agreed. I like all the upset alert talk b/c if/when we

Sep 6, 2019, 10:58 AM

dominate then we get so much more credit than probably is deserved b/c they're "SEC"... and should we slip up and drop a game this year they'll likely look at this one as a tipping point. So here's to winning and winning big!

Also it would suck to lose to the Texas AM bc they're always the team that loses two dumb games a year. They could beat a clemson or alabama and then turn around and lose to South Carolina or Ole miss. So they would never be counted on to keep up their end of he bargain and win out.

Texas A&M lost alot on Defense too!!

Sep 6, 2019, 10:41 AM

Texas A&M football lost about half its starting defense from a year ago to the NFL, can it re-tool and be as dominant in year two with Mike Elko?

Linebackers Otaro Alaka and Tyrel Dodson, defensive lineman Landis Durham, Daylon Mack and Kingsley Keke, and safety Donovan Wilson were each drafted or signed after the draft this offseason. Only Dodson was not a senior among that group. It’s not that easy to replace seniors in general, but seniors who are also that excellent are hard to come by.

Sep 6, 2019, 10:42 AM

It will definitely be a battle and either team could win. Clemson Passing game against GT was not the norm and I hope it was just a off game for Trevor. Seems silly saying it was a off game winning 52-14 but it was in passing.

Clemson will start the game trying to see if we can run the ball and some screens mixed in. If the running game is working then the safeties will start getting into the box and open up the passing game. If our guys can get both working then it’s lights out. If not could be a long night.
Our LBs will have to cover the crossing patterns that TA&M did well on last year as well.
I am a little nervous as well.

Go Tigers !!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GT was playing defense to stop the pass and leaving the gate

Sep 6, 2019, 11:01 AM

open for the running game. Our coaches just went with what they were giving and thats why the passing game didn't go for 375 and 5 tD's. Our offensive coaches will go with what they're giving and unless they have a defensive backfield of 4 NFL first rounders then i feel good about it.

What in the world would make you think we struggle to pass?

Sep 6, 2019, 10:45 AM

we ran 3 short pass plays last week in different variations - and we didn't even have to do that, we could have run it every play. We threw deep a couple of times just for the heck of it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Sep 6, 2019, 10:47 AM

Our guys on offense need to take advantage of every scoring opportunity that comes their way tomorrow and not let even one chance at points be a missed opportunity.Would not surprise me if tomorrow's game was like Texas A&M's game against LSU last year in College Station.Not saying our game tomorrow will go 7 OT's like that one did but it will most likely go down to the wire and maybe even an overtime or 2 who knows.

Sep 6, 2019, 11:56 AM

To the OP. We aren't Texas St. either........

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2019, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Re: I have a sort of bad feeling about Texas A&M this year ]

Nope. Negativity brings on bad play. We will beat them by 21. Come back and check this post tomorrow night.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2019, 1:13 PM

Yes, this isn't Georgia Tech, but they're not playing Texas State either.
We needed to be tested, every week in and week out. That's how you get to be better and stay on top. You win, you move on, you lose you no longer control your destiny.
If we lose tomorrow, well we probably won't make the playoffs.
But too many people are putting too much emphasis on the point spread( do we cover) or that Trevor had a bad game against Tech.
None of that matters. Last week's game, for both teams, is over.
The team that wins tomorrow is the one that covers every aspect of the game, whether it turnovers, bad officiating, whatever. And point spreads never won a ball game that I can remember.
And in regards to Syracuse, well if you're looking ahead, yea, we could lose.
But Dabo is focused on A&M, not Syracuse.

Sep 6, 2019, 1:54 PM

Well, they lost their best RB, and their best TE (Sternberger). The TE is a key to their offense, and Sternberger was instrumental in keeping a lot of their drives alive. Without those 2 on offense, it is a much easier job to defend them. Our O is simply much better than last year. Their D will be worn out trying to defend so many weapons. It might become a shootout, but CLEMSON walks away from them in the 4th. We win by 14-40 points. I don't see any way that TAMU wins this game.

Sep 6, 2019, 2:23 PM

This is the one game this year that I am hesitant to go out anywhere and watch with other people. I think we win by a lot, but I'm still nervous about it. At least, if something catastrophic does happens, we have all season to recover.

Own less, do more.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic