Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I hate to do it but Fox just announced the Disney was
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 5,143

I hate to do it but Fox just announced the Disney was

Jun 25, 2020, 10:52 PM

taking out Br'er Fox and Br'er Bear from Splash Mountain. It's time to go to bed and cry myself to sleep. Br'er Rabbit where are you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq8Wes4cC-w

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why he’s in da briar patch

Jun 25, 2020, 11:14 PM

Expect all corporate entities to fold and to even go out and find “offenses” before any accusations are even made.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why he’s in da briar patch

Jun 25, 2020, 11:20 PM

And whatever you do, don’t mention the baby.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Was going to ask

Jun 26, 2020, 3:27 AM

If you were referencing the restaurant on the way to the Cherry Grove pier. Seems it has been permanently closed though how it stayed open as long as it did was mind boggling.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's been in the works for 2 years. Besides..

Jun 25, 2020, 11:44 PM

Princess and the Frog is a great movie about self reliance and hard work, and the music is great too.

Did you really ride the ride for the slow part or the drop?

honestly...

Jun 26, 2020, 12:14 AM

both...

I had the Disney tape as a kid...it was just the Brer Rabbit story but it had all of the songs on it. So I did enjoy the "slow" part. However, my kids had no idea what the ride was about so I had to explain it to them.

So I'm surprised they even used that theme.

Didn't particularly care for the Princess and the Frog movie and I don't think my kids have watched it much more than me (like they have other Disney movies)...but it's not like I'm going to be mad that they are changing it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Zip-a-dee doo dah***

Jun 27, 2020, 10:35 PM

Aw man, that was my favorite when I was a little kid

Jun 27, 2020, 11:46 PM

The plunge at the end was pretty good for a 5 year old.

My mom used to read that book to me. Does this have something to do with the tar baby?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hate to do it but Fox just announced the Disney was

Jun 27, 2020, 11:52 PM

If anybody wants to save childhood memories you had better start buying these great historical items now.

It’s a shame life has come to this. But it has also made me think how I spend my money in the future. NFL, NBA definitely out. Some college football teams, some states, vendors and products. Many of the people I have talk to are starting to feel this way too!

I am in no way a racist but all this BS going on is making me and many others I have talk to rethink some of life’s philosophies.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2020, 12:03 AM

Joel Chandler Harris has been under attack by real Negroes for years.

I do some work in the little town of Eatonton, GA, where they've got a museum to him.

Modern blacks resent his "poaching" of authentic African American culture, because his stories come from the many hours he spent as a poor red-headed Irish boy hanging out in the slaves' quarters.

Never mind that he shared them with the world almost 100 years before his critics, or that he claimed to share them "so they would not be lost" because none of the storytellers were literate, and by 1880 none of the stories he had heard as a child had been published.

So if his work is to be abolished, too, you might as well eliminate all Southern history before 1968. Their loss.

The irony is that Joel Chandler Harris wasn't a racist; he loved the slaves. Maybe it's the dialect they're attacking?

Jun 28, 2020, 12:26 AM

It’s just something new everyday. And some of the crap that have been made to stir up racism. The teenage girls who claimed they were attacked. People just accepted for fact without checking then the video surfaced on YouTube.

What is it going to be tomorrow.?? More BS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2020, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Re: I hate to do it but Fox just announced the Disney was ]

Those clever tales were part of their oral tradition and would be completely lost if Chandler hadn't recorded them. Now it's important to keep them "hidden", wouldn't want young folks to know about that rich literary history!

Jun 29, 2020, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: I hate to do it but Fox just announced the Disney was ]

Actually what is ironic is you think your post is not racist.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2020, 8:52 AM

It’s about time. They have so many brands and characters under the Disney umbrella that they should redesign the ride to use a brand that park-goers are actively engaging with today. That’s in the best interest of both the consumer and shareholders, win-win.

Jun 28, 2020, 8:58 AM

Thanks so much for posting that clip. I've searched for years for the complete movie. I loved the Uncle Remus character so much as a child. He was such a loving character. How I loved singing that Zipadee-do-dah... Joel Chandler Harris saved those tales that he heard in the slave quarters. They were part of their oral tradition and if it weren't for him they would be lost. Now they are just hidden.

Jun 29, 2020, 4:35 PM

I wonder if we can convince them to take out the "Its a Small World" ride as well? That ride offends me.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Replies: 15
| visibility 5,143
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic