Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Torn meniscus
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Torn meniscus

Oct 14, 2018, 1:23 PM

is what a Bama friend of mine is saying.

Does Satan get the kid fixed now and have him ready for post season ? Or do he do what Satan normally does ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can play with that and it won’t cauae anymore damage

Oct 14, 2018, 1:25 PM

Just pain. Lateral release surgery is an option.

I suffered the same injury playing soccer in college...

Oct 14, 2018, 1:55 PM

and I am telling you, not fixing it can cause additional damage.

Granted...some types of tears can't be fixed but it depends on where they are.

Many doctors believe that successful meniscus repair helps to evenly spread the stress placed on the knee joint. If the knee is protected from uneven force, there is a lower risk of future joint problems.

The normal course of action, which is what I did, is to rest, use ice, compression, and propping up the leg on a pillow when you sit or lay down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I suffered the same injury playing soccer in college...

Oct 14, 2018, 2:55 PM

THIS. *** Our son tore his playing soccer. Fortunately it was towards the end of the season and he spent about 3 months nursing it back. When he came back, he had to use a serious knee brace. Playing on it is ill advised.

Oct 14, 2018, 3:07 PM [ in reply to I suffered the same injury playing soccer in college... ]

What did they do with that tear between your legs? Soccer boy

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

They game me two National Championship rings...

Oct 14, 2018, 3:58 PM

One in 84 as a player and another one in 87 as a Grad Assistant.

Any more questions !?!?!?!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Wow, douchey much?***

Oct 14, 2018, 5:17 PM [ in reply to Re: I suffered the same injury playing soccer in college... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Don't cut yourself on that edge***

Oct 14, 2018, 7:22 PM [ in reply to Re: I suffered the same injury playing soccer in college... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2018, 3:40 PM [ in reply to I suffered the same injury playing soccer in college... ]

Bama is worrying about damage he may have 10 years from now. That is someone else’s problem.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation (before, during, after)

Oct 14, 2018, 7:09 PM [ in reply to I suffered the same injury playing soccer in college... ]

R.I.C.E. therapy....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if it is fixed now, he could be running on it in 3 wks.

Oct 14, 2018, 1:25 PM

or at least I was. I guess it depends on how big of tear and location within the meniscus.

Re: Torn meniscus

Oct 14, 2018, 1:34 PM

And what does Saban normally do exactly?

Well, the kid actually tore it in practice last week

Oct 14, 2018, 1:36 PM

Still played as long as he could stand, further tearing it.

Re: Well, the kid actually tore it in practice last week

Oct 14, 2018, 1:38 PM

Is this a fact or just internet rumor?

Re: Well, the kid actually tore it in practice last week

Oct 14, 2018, 1:42 PM

My guess is internet rumor.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was injured last week in practice

Oct 14, 2018, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Well, the kid actually tore it in practice last week ]

with what Saban called a knee sprain and goes down on Saturday. No rumor needed. The only question would be if the injury is what they're claiming. Parents weren't called into the tent for nothing.

Re: He was injured last week in practice

Well things happen in football. Watson Burt his knee against GT and then tore it in practice later on. I don’t think that’s a reflection on Dabo at all. Saban also said after the game last night that Tuo could have come back in last night if they needed him, and Tuo was standing on the sidelines smiling so I doubt he’s hurt all that bad anyway.

It's from a Bama board

Oct 14, 2018, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Well, the kid actually tore it in practice last week ]

Several Bama reporters were reporting last week that the injury was more than what was being made public

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/TUAs-knee---from-Bama-Board-fwiw-1838531?tstart=0

Oct 14, 2018, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Torn meniscus ]

They could pump him up on percocet or oxycodone on game days, but I wouldn't want me or any of my family or friends to go that route just to be able to play a game.

Oct 14, 2018, 1:53 PM

Fix it now, then you'll be ready for the stretch run. That's what Saban is going to do.

(I really don't have a clue what he'll do, but if he was taking the long view, for the benefit of his program and the kid, that's what he'll do)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Slap a brace on it and fix it in the off season***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you don't fix it or stay off it for awhile ...

Oct 14, 2018, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Torn meniscus ]

... your knee can swell up like a cantaloupe every time you run on it.

If the tear isn't too bad it will heal on its own, but that takes time.

Good thing Saban has been mollifying Hurts with meaningless

reps and non-QB plays so he stuck around as the contingency plan.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2018, 2:00 PM

You can trim it now. Out 1 or 2 weeks tops.

Not doubting any of the outstanding TNET doctors.

Oct 14, 2018, 2:49 PM

But those who say get he can get it fixed and he's out 2 to 3 weeks tops. Or those who had the same surgery, is it factored into your personal opinions/experience that Tua will be playing Football when he comes back in those 2 to 3 weeks? So he'll be able to run around, cut directions, with zero problemo from a 260+ guy chasing his butt down? And not to mention when he gets caught by the big fella(s). Genuinely curious.

...or tip-toeing through the tulips? Good question.***

Oct 14, 2018, 7:13 PM

Oct 14, 2018, 2:55 PM

It may be a rumor. But an awful lot of posters are saying the same thing on Bama message boards.

Curious to see how this plays out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2018, 3:02 PM

I agree something to be said for his parents going in the tent. Yet, did they send for them, he ask for them, or concerned parents went on their own. May depend on what he and family want to do re surgery, if the rumor is true.

Oct 14, 2018, 3:45 PM

3 decent-to-good teams (UT, LSU, MSU) face Bama in the next 3 weeks. I'm sure this fat will help Saban make his decision.

Oct 14, 2018, 6:03 PM

Tenn is trash.

I had what’s called a bucket handle meniscus tear.

Oct 14, 2018, 3:47 PM

I can tell you that running, especially with lateral moving, was near impossible. I had a repair surgery that required that I be off that leg for 6 weeks....Absolutely no weight on that leg during that time. It took me almost 6 months to get back to running and a year to get to full strength. I don’t think Tua has this kind of tear based on watching him yesterday.

Are you forgetting DW played on a torn ACL

Oct 14, 2018, 3:54 PM

Against coots in 2014? Tua will play

Oct 14, 2018, 4:10 PM

IF it is a meniscus (likely the posterior horn of the medial meniscus--the MODT common tear) the BEST thing for Tua and Bama is to have it done immediately. If it's a partial or complete ACL tear he's done for the year as an EFFECTIVE QB, and if he continues to play, there will be significant long term negative consequences for the knee joint. IF it's a collateral ligament strain, do rehab and give it rest and be ready later this year.

OR, Satan could call Kelly!!!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2018, 4:19 PM

Supposedly he had it scoped today. Take it for what it’s worth as it was off a Bama board.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic