Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everyone how was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 465

Good morning everyone how was your weekend?

Sep 28, 2020, 7:05 AM

I'm still on an adventure. All the points will come tomorrow if I can find this thread then

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fantasy football got me good. Dallas WR Cee Dee

Sep 28, 2020, 7:16 AM

eeeeeeeeeeeZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Nuuuuuuuts

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everyone how was your weekend?

Sep 28, 2020, 7:39 AM

Finally got around to cleaning all the stuff still on one side of the garage. Took some stuff to recycle, other stuff under house. Returned the Husky tiller you older son.
Are well, drank too much Fri nite, watched a buncha chitty FB.
7.1/10....

Great!

Sep 28, 2020, 7:40 AM

But started last Wednesday. Wife and I drove up to Greensboro for granddaughter #9 birthday. Saw son and his wife who now live in Raleigh, too. They all bailed on Florida in January (daughter) and March (son). Was good to see them again.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Meh,

Sep 28, 2020, 7:43 AM

Looked at a lot of houses. For the amount of money they want, you would think they would be updated past the extreme fashion era of 1988. Its a difficult thing satisfying what the wife wants while she's still in AZ and we're doing tours via facetime group chat because she wants her friends opinions as well.

Did cook up some bad ### chicken shawarma last night though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty good

Sep 28, 2020, 7:49 AM

Lots of football watching, kids baseball and soccer watching, running, pizza, steak, Corona and tequila.

One issue is that daycare is saying they have had a "suspected" Cornoavirus case and so its shut down until the health department tells them what to do. So that will put a damper on the start to the week.

Son is still going in person in Kindergarten. So far, so good.

Hopefully this week doesn't become covidy for the family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A plucky dandy of a weekend.

Sep 28, 2020, 8:08 AM

Friday, a busy work day called for bourbon cocktails upon completion. Had several, watched the Band Of Heathens live stream concert. Two full sets with the full band, first set played their brand new album release all the way through, second set was a greatest hits set. And EXCELLENT two hour show. Watched the end of whatever football game was at 11:00, watched til the end and crashed.

Saturday, slept late, got up and pounded coffee, then did chores until around 3:00. Rode over and watched football with Mom until 6:00, then home to grab a shower and clean up for Supper Club. Met at the restaurant, had an isolated table outside under the tent right in front of the band. Had a blast and it was great to see live music with good food and good friends. Came home and watched highlights from coot game, then crashed.

Sunday, slept in again, watched some TV and drank coffee, played bass for a while, then we rode up to Charlotte with Joonyer and his fiance to hit Trader Joe's. Mrs. Tig shopped for gluten-free stuff and things, they have a pretty good selection. Back to the house then I made my grocery run to Walmart since I needed dog/cat food and some other bulk items. Back home, Mrs. made tamales and Mexican street corn for supper. Cleaned up kitchen, surfed the net looking for rental property for a bit, then watched the first episode of Fargo before crashing.

18.99/19 Covids, not perfect but darned close.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, The Tigers didn't play but I didn't die.

Sep 28, 2020, 8:08 AM

Batch'd it this weekend. Ms Wilbur & the kidsof went glamping at Table rock with sis-in-law & their family (who brings a crock pot to a campground?) at Table Rock so I rode up there for lunch. Did some chores and fixed the couch the dog tore up.

Pretty average, did have a few libations.

7.334/10 (plus 1 for the coots loss)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Head is still spinning.

Sep 28, 2020, 8:30 AM

Youngest's bday on Saturday. My youngest is 8 now. I can't be certain, but I think I may be aging. Took kids over to some frans' house to swim in the pool whilst the adults drank. Was planning on doing cake and ice cream that night at home, but it got a little late, so we talked her into waiting until Sunday. Got the kids mostly settled latenight, and then the wifey and I kept the party going. We drank like fish and had monkeysex all over downstairs until like 4:30 or 5am. It was wild. Must have been some weird alignment in the stars or something.

Made some chicken pasta for lunch yesterday and pops came over to grub and do birthday and cake with the kids (and cousins and grandparents on Amazon Echo, so it was general chaos). Daughter got hoverboard. Max weight is 160, which means I'm only like 75 pounds heavy for it, which seems in the acceptable overage range, so I may have to try this thing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Crappie

Sep 28, 2020, 8:33 AM

Caught em, fried em, and made crappie tacos and crappie sandwiches.

Other notes, baseball practice, dinner at mom's, pooped in the woods while fishing.

Thx

Mama always said, a crappie taco is still a taco.

Sep 28, 2020, 8:35 AM

She said some weird things though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you admit you're full of Crap-

Sep 28, 2020, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Crappie ]

pie

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

pretty solid

Sep 28, 2020, 8:43 AM

Fri - weekly steak night, seggs, started watching this show outlander on the flix. ain't turrible - 8/10

Sat - mostly chilled and watched football. smoked a butt and had some pulled pork sammiches that were off da chain. loved seeing Leach light it up. UGA looks super meh, lost money on the sooners, made it back on the vols - 8/10

Sun - cooked brunswick stew w/ leftover butt. picked up floors from Home depot, started ripping out baseboards. Worst part is, the pallets my floors came on were these cheap ### 1/4" plywood ####. didn't even get the good stuff to make a master balcony... 7.5 / 10.

docked points for losing money on that horse #### PI call in the Rams / Bills game.

Pretty good....

Sep 28, 2020, 8:52 AM

Friday - daughter had friend spend the night, so I brought home pizza and listened to 10 yo girls giggle loudly for hours.

Saturday - had work golf outing at Brookstone in Anderson. First time playing there and was fun. We played 3-man scramble teams. The 2 guys I played with got sheet-faced and were completely useless on the back nine. May have been the best 9 holes I've played in the last 20 yrs...out team score was basically my score with the benefit of getting some falling over drunk putt reads. We then hit Wild Wings and destroyed some wangs. I think 8 of us went through 210 wings....a quality effort, especially considering there were 3 "normal" eaters in the group. Went through a lot of beers and watched LSU lose.

Sunday - allergies were killing me and did next to nothing outside of watching a lot of football and my fantasy team killed it. Made beef soup in crock pot for dinner. Bed early.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was a freakin' blur

Sep 28, 2020, 9:02 AM

Friday: left work early headed to Cootlumbia for a game, won, got muddy af because rained all day. Won game, was sug af the rest of the night

Saturday: daughters had a big XC meet, watched them finish, there was one girl who collapsed right at finish line, drug herself across the line and EMTs came in. Was scary af for a bit, was told she's back home now. Drove over to Cootlumbia for another match, lost but played well, smugness was firmly in check. Back home watched the coot game and live-blogged on Jounge Snapchat, was pretty effin' hilarious.

Sunday: slept in, BACK to Cootlumbia for another match, played well again, lost. Back home, fired up the Blackstone for some quesadillas and veggies, was delicious af. Watched a bit of Sunday night football, fell asleep and overslept this morning

12/10 for all the steps and activity I got

4/10 for any rest

8/10 averaged out

1/10 learning that FBCoachSC®'s mom still smokes, so I guess she pokes

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This has to be

Sep 28, 2020, 9:34 AM

FBCoachSC® mom.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

definitely not.

Sep 28, 2020, 9:35 AM

that pool is way too clean and way too in the grown.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

well, we know that

Sep 28, 2020, 9:39 AM

she had FBCoach and ran off as soon as she saw what she created. Then she took off with Earl Weaver after he hit that homerum against the Pelicans.

The pool is only clean cause she doesn't let "that side of the family" come over in the summer.

She even constructed a 10' pallet fence to keep him out.

Sep 28, 2020, 9:50 AM

That's got to add insult to injury.

Good Weekend.

Sep 28, 2020, 9:14 AM

Took the fam to Longhorn's on Friday night.

Went hunting Saturday AM. Didn't see nothin.

Cleaned my shop and carport. It looks good(ish) now.

Went hunting Saturday PM. Saw a 4pt. buck. Let him live.

Watched half of the coots game. Both of those teams are hot garbage.

Went striper fishing with my brother and my kids on Sunday AM. Caught 1. Had fun, though.

Went hunting Sunday PM. Didn't see nothin.

How is Flo's Filet these days?***

Sep 28, 2020, 9:16 AM

I had the 20oz outlaw ribeye

It was pretty dang good. I'm a simple man that is easily pleased, but I liked it.

One issue though:

My kids ordered the 5oz sirloin cooked medium.

My boys steak was barely cooked rare.

He was eating it, commented that he enjoyed it, but I looked over and noticed that he looked like he was about to cry. He didn't want to talk about it. I took him to the bathroom to get to the bottom of his his sudden mood shift. All of the blood from the steak made him think about when I took him along with me to the deer processor last week and he saw all of the deer hanging and being processed. Being 9 years old, it made him sad to think about the animals being killed just so we can eat. I told him that God gave us dominion over the animals to take care of them and to use them as we saw fit. I guess maybe that helped calm him down. He's over it now and back to eating meat... so no fairy flaming vegetarian lgbtq weirdos (yet).

While he and I were talking, the waitress noticed the situation and offered to take the steak off our tab (that was nice). Wife explained that it wasn't the steak, per se, but more about his trip to the deer processor, but the waitress felt really bad about it. She brought him a huge bowl of ice cream. Daughter ate the rest of his undercooked steak.

I shouldn't have taken him with me to the processor, that stuff used to not bother him, but kids are always changing and developing. Being a little bit older, I guess he's starting to question some things and think a little deeper into why we do what we do. Hope he grows out of it, because he'd be a fun hunting buddy down the road.

Two things here

Sep 28, 2020, 9:40 AM

1. 20oz steak ? Deer god mane, prayers for your digestive system

2. This was a great opportunity to tell your son that is how real men eat steaks. Not cooked medium. Rare to med rare. If you dont' eat it like this, then you probably can't reproduce. I would even go as far as to say, that sone, your pekkor grows everytime you eat steak like this

Re: Two things here

Sep 28, 2020, 9:48 AM

1. I left part of it and half the baked potato for lunch the next day. You right, though. I skipped lunch that day and my eyes were bigger than my ape-tit.

2. I think it may have been ordered medium rare and not medium. This thing wasn't even warm in the center. They botched it pretty bad. Unlike his old man, he's a thinker. I think seeing all the
"steak juice" on his plate gave him flashbacks to the deer processor. If he takes after me, he'll need all the help he can get in the pekkr department.

Uneventful

Which can be a good thing sometimes

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

It was

Sep 28, 2020, 9:50 AM

Literally shhit.

I couldn't keep any food down since Friday.

I've drank so much Pepto Bismol that my poop is black.

Then my terlit backed up into my bathtubs and warshing machine.

Also, I have to do my performance review input today.

So this sucks.

Good, finally found a nice reel mower...

Sep 28, 2020, 9:56 AM

California Trimmer 25"

Now the fun begins

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good, finally found a nice reel mower...

Sep 28, 2020, 10:00 AM

this is a prime example of someone coming on here, asking for advice, advice is given and then you do the opposite of the advice.

Nice work.

Exactly! What could go wrong? :-)***

Sep 28, 2020, 10:05 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watched football, cleaned up house, ran with the kids

Sep 28, 2020, 10:07 AM

while they "mountain biked" and we put up alot of the summer clothes in favor of jeans and hoodies. Wife cleaned out all three kids' closets so she got distracted working on that and forgot to have some adult fun. I reminded her of that and that didn't go over well so now I am in the doghouse but the closets look fantastic so that is a plus. To be honest, this weekend kinda sucked.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Forgot about adult time

Sep 28, 2020, 10:18 AM

lollers

riiiiight

amirite Tiggity®

East Coast Party don't ever End.....

Sep 28, 2020, 10:47 AM

Though yesterday it felt like it did.

Friday watched cowboys and indians. Made Chicken Alfredo for Granny and me.

Saturday watched lots of feetball. Three of granddaughters came over with Chinese wings and shrimp fried rice. Girls don't like virtual school. Watched Barves. Watched Coots lose.

Sunday some up constipated. No poop all day. Ate breakfast and nothing else. Watched NFL from bed. Finally pooped late Sunday night then 2am then 5am. Laxatives and stool softeners. What a relief.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

added 1 year to my life yesterday***

Sep 28, 2020, 11:00 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 465
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic