Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Legacy Recruits
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 2,282

Legacy Recruits

Jan 21, 2016, 5:24 PM

The last little string that all these Dabo haters and Negative Nancy's have left to hold onto. If this man hasn't proven to you yet that he knows what he's doing then there is no hope for you.

There is a school in the middle of this state that offers plenty of opportunities to ##### and moan. Please move along and go pull #####.

Cry on little babies. Dabo will keep filling that trophy case.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Im def not a Dabo basher

Jan 21, 2016, 5:31 PM

He is the best thing that's happened to Clemson athletics since I went there. However, no one should be immune to a little criticism here and there. I think it is fair game to question offering and accepting a commit from a player who doesn't have a recruiting profile on any of the major sites and had one offer from UAB who recently canceled its football program when we have turned away five star recruits (Clayton) this recruiting cycle due to limited scholies. Hope the guy pans out.

I'm pretty sure the success he has had with

Jan 21, 2016, 5:33 PM

A lot of these guys gives him the benefit of the doubt. Some people just need something to complain about.

It would have be nice to have a backup when

Jan 21, 2016, 5:32 PM

Ben Boulware was riving in pain during th e National Title Game. You gonna put the legacy player in coach? Nope... let's shoot up the stud and play him wit one arm.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

Sorry for the terrible grammar***

Re: It would have be nice to have a backup when

Jan 21, 2016, 5:35 PM [ in reply to It would have be nice to have a backup when ]

If you have a problem with it then move along. There are plenty of other teams for you to root for. Dabo has the benefit of the doubt until results show otherwise.

Jan 21, 2016, 5:38 PM

I'm good, but thanks for closed minded opinion. It has been filed with the TPS reports.

Jan 21, 2016, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Re: It would have be nice to have a backup when ]

You mean like giving up 250 rushing yards against Syracuse because our LB's were injured and tired yet couldn't come off the field because of zero depth? Two LB sitting there on scholarship that Dabo wouldn't dare let see the field against Syracuse. We should all be lucky we never saw a major enough injury to Boulware.

Jan 21, 2016, 5:52 PM

Write Dabo directly if you do not like the policy! Quit posting critical comments unless you have absolutely no other means to object to what the staff has chosen to do. I certainly have my concerns, but the staff gets paid to evaluate potential talent. Until we have multiple injuries and resulting losses due to poor backups then let matters be as they are.

Go Tigers!

Re: Special teams

Jan 21, 2016, 6:10 PM

A lot of these kids will end up on special teams, which is usually filled with back up safeties and linebackers. People always like to complain about Danny Pearman, but never bring up that a lot the players on our special teams are these types of players(Davis twins/DJ Greenlee).

Please, do enlighten all of us on your talent evaluation

Jan 21, 2016, 6:19 PM [ in reply to Re: It would have be nice to have a backup when ]

abilities. We're all listening.

Legacy Recruits didn't cost Clemson ever back up LB

Jan 21, 2016, 7:07 PM [ in reply to It would have be nice to have a backup when ]

Before the season ever started. Jones transferred out,Wiggins hurt and,I forget his name, but Ben's primary back up gave up FB week's before the season started.

Explanations aren't necessary for these simple minds. +1.***

Jan 21, 2016, 7:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Legacy Recruits

As a Clemson Alumni I have zero problems with Legacy recruits.

null

Jan 21, 2016, 5:41 PM

I have no problem with the occasional legacy recruit. Next year, however, we will have 6 players on schoarship who have no chance of even making the two deep at their position. That can be a problem, even if you don't understand why it can be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2016, 5:49 PM

If you can't win with the other 79 players on the team then you have other problems. Also you can only take a roster of 65 players to away games, so having 6 players on your team who can't make the 2 deep isn't a big deal in fact you will have about 40 player who want make the 2 deep with a roster of 85. There is a big picture reason he is putting these players on the team and it makes very good long term sense.

Oh, I didn't realize you were a coach on our staff

Jan 21, 2016, 6:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Legacy Recruits ]

With such a detailed knowledge of who is capable of what.

The jury is still out on whether legacies hurt us

Jan 21, 2016, 6:24 PM

Most of them are freshmen. We won't truly know if it hurts our bottom line for another 3 years.

very true

Jan 21, 2016, 6:29 PM

But you can't tell some of these armchair coaches that. I'm pretty sure Dabo has earned the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

Recruiting is always a gamble but this staff has a good eye for finding talent.

I guess you don't remember the tnet article when Venables

Jan 21, 2016, 7:39 PM

Was upset about the depth at linebacker then?

waiting still to hear about your great skills as a

Jan 21, 2016, 8:47 PM

Talent evaluator.

POTD!!!!!***

Jan 21, 2016, 6:50 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2016, 6:56 PM
image.jpeg(36.5 K)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 2,282
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic