Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I' guess I'm alone
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,278

I' guess I'm alone

Sep 21, 2014, 2:25 AM

Nobody likes moral victories but dang it guys. We were a 10.5 point dog on the road against one of the more hostile environments in college football and we barely lost with our TRUE freshman QB. How is no one seeing the positive in this? Yes we gave the game away with should have's and could have's . But this is just a sign of things to come. Go tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I' guess I'm alone

Sep 21, 2014, 2:26 AM

There are plenty of positives it just hurts to have a statement victory and a wide open season crushed because of poor execution in tough scenarios

..it was a tough night but we can still finish strong.....

Sep 21, 2014, 2:30 AM

..plus I believe DW is out best QB and he should be seasoned by the time the chickens roll in here in November.

no doubt..

Sep 21, 2014, 2:28 AM

but it sucks knowing our only thing to really play for now is a win over the coots.

Re: no doubt..

Sep 21, 2014, 2:32 AM

Ooh don't forget a lovely bowl game in Charlotte ... Big f deal.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not a dumper...

Sep 21, 2014, 2:28 AM

But I don't care what the odds were. Those people are just guessing.

What I do care about is a game I watch that we should have won but gave away. I don't care about what all the prognosticators say.

Don't even play the game if predictions and odds making is what's important.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm not a dumper...

Sep 21, 2014, 2:33 AM

Those people that set the lines are setting their own money on the line so I think they do a lot more research than you and I. That Vegas line means more than you think.

Sep 21, 2014, 2:32 AM

Tired of that answer...Go Tigers!!!

tough loss...

Sep 21, 2014, 2:33 AM

but I was excited to see Watson play the way he did.This team has a bright future with him as the quarterback. We made a lot of mistakes that could've changed the outcome of this game but at this point yu can only learn from them.

Many freshmen on the field and manhandled no 1 fsu

Sep 21, 2014, 2:37 AM

in their house which sort of adds insult to injury. Got to kill off a wounded animal if u r lucky enough to have the opportunity.

Future is insanely bright. No 2 class on its way too...

Sep 21, 2014, 2:37 AM

In our part of the country it's a national championship or bust. Those expectations are just unrealistic. This year is shot for a NC but we have a great future.

Sep 21, 2014, 7:35 AM

You cannot squander chances like we did.

Our lack of a strong run game is really glaring right now - not going after Todd Gurley or Mike Davis hard four years ago really bit us...slow-playing Mike Davis in particular was one of the more questionable recruiting moves our coaching staff has ever made; Mike was a better player than his brother James coming out of high school, and we gifted him to the Coots by not going after him hard?

We did make up for it - sorta - by landing Tyshon Dye and Wayne Gallman in the next class, but Dye - who would be starting - has had nothing but injuries thus far, and Gallman really hasn't put on the weight to be a top feature back at this level yet. So we ended up riding a converted track-guy walk-on last night at RB...and the knock I've heard, time and again, on Davidson is, he's got some talent but he puts the ball on the ground too much, and whaddya know...he put the ball on the ground at the worst possible moment for Clemson.

Special teams is an absolute disaster, though, and reinforces the notion that football is a game of three phases, and we're godawful at one of them. ST's are as bad now under Pearman as they ever got under Ron West, and it's time and past time Dabo held Pearman to account for it and sends him packing. We're just inept there. We gift teams huge edges in hidden yardage because we don't trust our kickoff-coverage units to even stay in their lanes, and so we pooch it short and give opponents field position at the 30 or 35, minimum, every time. We usually give up a big punt return, every game...again, poor lane integrity, and indeed, Rashaad Green toasted us for another big return last night. We get absolutely zip on our own returns because our return units can block absolutely no one, and we basically use Humphries as our punt returner because he fields it cleanly...which he has to, because our blocking stinks so badly he's going to have three guys in his face when he fields it. Now that Catanzaro's gone we're now left with a guy in Lakip who's obviously mentally frail and doesn't have a big leg anyhow...that's poor evaluation from Minute 1. Lakip was from GSA - Gwinnett Soccer Academy - and was actually teammates with Walker Zimmerman (Dawson Zimmerman's brother)...Walker is with the USMNT U20's and now plays for FC Dallas, and there were probably nine other starters on that GSA squad who would be virtually automatic from 30 yards and in, and somehow we recruited the one guy who isn't? Yowsah. If we didn't have Bradley Pinion, our ST's would be, without question, the worst in all of college football...as it is, our ST units are still complete dumpster fires almost across the board. Given the athleticism Clemson has, that's inexcusably poor coaching from Pearman.

As for our O-line...who knows. Robbie Caldwell did a good job with Vandy's OL a few years back and has been around the block, but we've looked as soft as we ever did...again, when the great Ron West was coaching them in Tommy Bowden's time.

This team, in fact, looked so much like a Tommy Bowden team last night it literally had me going post-traumatic: squishy-soft up front on the OL, utterly inept on special teams, inept in its play-calling, and psychologically frail. People who say there's been progress must have mentally blocked out virtually every season from 1999 to 2012 (for which I can hardly blame them), but we looked exactly the same last night to me: classic Clemsoning, at its finest.

Sep 21, 2014, 7:37 AM

Real team have NO moral victories. Until we understand that we won't be a real team.

Unfortunaely, that line assumed Winston

Sep 21, 2014, 7:42 AM

plays half the game as his original suspension had him doing. Looking at the results, I could see that being pretty close. He's worth at least 4 more points than they scored.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2014, 9:33 AM

Most of these people just like to complain - if we were undefeated they would complain about something. I am proud of our Tigers!

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,278
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic