Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I guess I read too much Tigernet over the summer....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,251

I guess I read too much Tigernet over the summer....

Sep 3, 2014, 4:49 PM

Alas, I'm growing older and wiser and forever grateful that I have a bonafide college football alma mater to cheer for on Saturdays in the fall...

I have no interest at all in criticizing the young boys that are out on the field literally laying their bodies down for the uniform.

The head coaching staff, apparently even though they are compensated in the top 1% of all Americans, are beyond reproach. So be it. They are all clearly very nice guys that work very hard, and recruit like sumb*tches, so I guess they're off the hook too.

What we've got here is a program on auto-pilot, winning the games they're supposed to, and losing the games they're supposed to. Which is the next step up from where we were, so I guess I'm happy(-er).

I think the best fix we all can employ to this "problem" of getting routed once or twice a year on national TV is to stop reading our own press all summer.

If i had never clicked on Tigernet, or read the Greenville News, I probably would not have convinced myself that our defense was so good, with potentially the best front 7 in the country. And that although we lost Sammy and Tajh, #wetoodeep with young talent across the board and a solid QB on an offense that should surprise some people.

Who knows, maybe that will all be the case when it's all said and done in November.

But as for last Saturday, if I didn't spend all summer reading our own press, I probably would have saw what Las Vegas and the rest of the country saw in Georgia at home seeking revenge - a two touchdown Georgia victory.

So be it. We can still win the conference. Here's how:

Block and Tackle. Block and Tackle. Block and Tackle.

That's been a problem on our side for 15 years now...

And just remember, there's always November 29. That date ain't going anywhere...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1.***

Sep 3, 2014, 5:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jabs at the kids is my peeve and doubt it is because I have

Sep 3, 2014, 8:07 PM

some great character or anything noble like that, but because 2 of my classmates committed suicide due to failure in football. Easy to forget how much it means to them I suppose.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You Have Got To Be Kidding......***

Sep 3, 2014, 9:12 PM

I wish***

Sep 3, 2014, 9:23 PM

I should add failure at the pro level.***

Sep 3, 2014, 9:26 PM

Re: Jabs at the kids is my peeve and doubt it is because I have

Sep 3, 2014, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Jabs at the kids is my peeve and doubt it is because I have ]

Sounds like a serious lack of guidance and a major shame that something like that would happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,251
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic