Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I gotta be real for a minute (long)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,432

I gotta be real for a minute (long)

Jul 29, 2019, 1:27 PM

Every person has the right to make decisions he or she feels is best for their future, but I’m really disappointed in Tavien Feaster. When Tavien committed to Clemson, the first thing he did was petition CJ Spiller to wear his RETIRED #28. CJ had a long heart to heart with Tavien, and he made him make some promises if he wanted to wear #28. Of those promises, one was to maintain loyalty to Clemson first. Another was to put the team before himself. Now I don’t know either of these guys personally, and I don’t know anything about their relationship. But I do know the promises that Tavien made CJ. Not only did Tavien not keep those promises, but he disrespected CJ Spiller and his good graces in the process. Not only to transfer, but to transfer to your in-state rival…that’s a direct slap in the face to CJ, and a REALLY bad look for Feaster.

It’s just so disrespectful. CJ worked his ### off for the opportunity to retire that number at Clemson. And by giving Tavien his blessing to wear it, he expected him to do exactly the same. Instead, Feaster decides to go all Anakin Skywalker. Total disrespect, and that’s what I’m having a hard time getting over.

Feaster got pissed when ETN came in and earned the starting spot. He didn’t like sharing RB2 carries with Choice and Dixon. Dabo promised Feaster an opportunity and nothing more. That’s Dabo’s M.O. in recruiting, and he offers the same to everybody. He teaches these guys that nothing is ever given, everything is earned, and that you have to work to get what you want. And from day one, Dabo has said that the best guy plays. And Feaster’s not stupid. He knows how Dabo recruits, so he had to have known that he was going to keep recruiting top talent at every position, even his.

I’m afraid he’s doing this with the wrong attitude. Feaster is out to prove that Clemson was wrong more than he’s out to prove himself as a running back. If that’s the case, it’s selfish, it goes against everything that Dabo teaches his players, and it’s going to hurt him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm with ya. ***

Jul 29, 2019, 1:34 PM

Re: I'm with ya. ***

Jul 29, 2019, 1:46 PM

Me Too !

I think you are dead on about a chip against Clemson

Jul 29, 2019, 1:36 PM

and if he rolls out of the commode at willy b with the #4 on that will prove it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: I think you are dead on about a chip against Clemson

Jul 29, 2019, 1:53 PM

you mean he won't insist they let him wear #21?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Why not #38?***

Jul 29, 2019, 1:55 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why not #38?***

Jul 29, 2019, 1:59 PM

yeah, i forgot about Cocaine George.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: I gotta be real for a minute (long)

Jul 29, 2019, 1:57 PM

I completely agree on this.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bye Feaster-licia

Jul 29, 2019, 2:00 PM

Feaster is fast. And his size (along with that speed) made him a great RB in high school. But after watching him play at Clemson, I was always disappointed. He didn't seem to have vision or moves that a true RB has (Andre Ellington, Spiller, Etn). I wish he would have stayed, but I'm not all choked up over him leaving.

TL;DR, he's moving on, let's do the same***

Jul 29, 2019, 2:04 PM

Feaster

Jul 29, 2019, 5:15 PM

I absolutely agree that this is rotten on Feaster's part. Feaster is a legend in his own mind and his actions say he was not treated fairly at Clemson despite no words to the contrary. He made a commitment to Clemson and now he has backed out which makes him no different than Josh Belk in my book despite what he did for Clemson in 3 years.

By and large he was a disappointment. Feaster was a 5* that got beat out for the job multiple times by multiple players. Most of his biggest moments were caused by busted coverages. For example the play against NC State where he ran it up the middle for 80+ yards. My father could have run the ball up that hole. Rather than bear down and reclaim the spot he walks away and transfers to the coots. As bad as the coots are this move IS NOT going to help his draft status.

The success our Tigers have achieved is absolutely awesome. There are over 100 other teams that want to be where Clemson is now and has been for several years. Success that has been achieved because the entire team, staff, and school are ALL IN. No way can a guy be ALL IN with Clemson and make a stupid decision to transfer to Carolina and sleep well at night unless he was never all in. You cannot turn off the love you have for your school and team and transfer to your biggest rival unless you have a chip on your shoulder and feel cheated.

Well plant that chip on your shoulder Feaster and I will be there in November to watch you get buried in the backfield. Not sure you will be getting a helping hand up off the field from our D-line.

Jul 29, 2019, 5:20 PM

Totally agree with your post.

If every non-starter on the team did the same

Jul 29, 2019, 7:31 PM

we wouldn't have a team.

Jul 29, 2019, 7:36 PM

I doubt it’s bothered Spiller one bit compared to how it is so many of you. The guy played here 3 years, stayed out of trouble, and got his degree. He was likely going to be out #3 running back this season. If he feels he can improve his future somewhere else then he shouldn’t have that opportunity taken away from him simply because Spiller let him wear #28.

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,432
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic