Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I shut down FB and IG yesterday...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

I shut down FB and IG yesterday...

Jun 3, 2020, 9:52 AM

Spent waaay too much time on there and I had to tune out for a while. So, since I can’t put my phone down for more than about 90 seconds, I’m here to do more than just mostly lurk I guess.

Lord, I need some sports discussion. Amen.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I shut down FB and IG yesterday...

Jun 3, 2020, 10:13 PM

I basically did the same. I didn't cancel my account on FB, but I deleted the app off my phone. I am tired of the negativity from all the Dems and Repubs. and the bickering back and forth. All the finger pointing instead of dealing with the issues.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sadly, I am not sure you came to the right place....

Jun 3, 2020, 10:20 PM

At least not on the bored. Go Tigers!

Jun 3, 2020, 10:28 PM

I had to finally join FB for some HS senior/Clemson freshmen parent groups. I am now very surprised that none of my friends weigh 400 lbs, considering how many pictures they post of snack foods.

Jun 3, 2020, 10:34 PM

I deactivated my FB 2 months ago. One of the best decisions I’ve ever made

Jun 3, 2020, 10:48 PM

I haven’t posted on FB in a couple years but do browse it. Got tired of seeing all the girls who were hot in HS and college in their 50s lol. Not how I want to remember them. Now I see all my wife posts is pro Trump stuff and all my mother posts is anti Trump stuff. That’s a pretty good microcosm of FB and the US right now. Oh yeah - Go Tigers!

Your a smart guy ...

Jun 3, 2020, 10:58 PM

LinkedIn is a close second ... unless you want to get calls from Indian recruiters where all jobs pay 30 dollars an hour, no benefits, located in Toledo and you pick up all expenses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“You’re”... amidoinitrite?

Jun 3, 2020, 11:04 PM

Lol. I didn’t think about LinkedIn. I’m still hoping for that message telling me I’m the perfect candidate for a “VP of Off-roading, Camping and General Leisure” - a work from anywhere position that pays $225k

Jun 3, 2020, 11:02 PM

It's nearly as bad on TNey these days . Even in the threads about our athletic endeavors It's being fronted .

Go Tigers

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I guess it’s easier for me to ignore here

Jun 3, 2020, 11:06 PM

And yes sir, Go Tigers!

Don't give up on FB

Jun 3, 2020, 11:07 PM

There are brain dead idiots posting crap on FB that need your calm words of wisdom. Too many people have turned a crime into a political issue.

It is so ironic how a situation where protesters are demanding law and order (and justice), are rioting, looting, and killing others. I hope everyone gets the JUSTICE they DESERVE!!!!

You assume my “wisdom” was posted calmly

Jun 3, 2020, 11:12 PM

I just need a rest.

I’m tired of the algorithms deciding what we see and ultimately feel

Jun 3, 2020, 11:13 PM

shut down my twitter and instagram 2 weeks ago (got rid of facebook a week into having it years ago). Too much hatred and honestly i only wanted both for sports/memes. It's just not worth my time anymore. the first couple of days i realized how many times i'd blindly look at my phone to scroll. Crazy how we get so used to being distracted.

Best decision you ever made!***

Jun 3, 2020, 11:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Jun 4, 2020, 12:58 AM

TigerNet is as close as I’ve come. Time to label the big ones as what they are. Unsocial media!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BTW....I am completely with you

Jun 4, 2020, 7:40 AM

I have never had an IG or Twitter account. I opened a FB account for the first time 1 year ago but that was only because there was something I could not read without it. I have no FB friends and have never posted anything.

I am a Tigernet junkie though. ??

I got off FB about 7 years ago. Never missed it

Jun 4, 2020, 8:06 AM

If I need the mob opinion, TNET suffices. Other than that, I just check BBC a couple times per day to get a big picture scan. I will consider rejoining social media if they start paying me royalties for selling me. That's not anytime soon.

Re: I got off FB about 7 years ago. Never missed it

Jun 4, 2020, 10:14 AM

I too get much of my news from the BBC. The bias there is different, and news from the US is largely just news from the US without hours of talking heads disecting every fart emitted from DC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2020, 10:28 AM

I deleted FB two years ago and don't plan on ever going back. Never had the others.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic