Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I get the impression this bored thinks we should win the NC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

I get the impression this bored thinks we should win the NC

Jan 2, 2021, 1:56 PM

Every year. We have been to every single playoff since it started and yet some on here are suggesting firing coaches? What team wins it every year? What coach would you hire? BV and Elliott did the best they could with the talent they had and maybe even better than some. I didn’t have us as the number 1 team this year and if you did you are optimistic at best, stupid at its yang! This nonsense ignant talk needs to end

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That should be the goal every year, shouldn’t it?***

Jan 2, 2021, 2:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

It should be *A* goal.

Jan 2, 2021, 2:21 PM

However, if it is your only goal as a team and it is the only metric by which you judge success, then football will be wholly frustrating to you the VAST majority of the time.

Honestly, fans can be disappointed in how we looked last night. I hate when Clemson loses. But, if you can't take a step back and enjoy the good in a 10-2 season with a top 5 finish (not pointing any fingers directly at you) then I'd suggest maybe enjoying something other than college football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I get the impression this bored thinks we should win the NC

Jan 2, 2021, 2:07 PM

We didn’t go to the first CFP.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 2:09 PM

Wow, finally some one who thinks like I do.
But be careful. Don't let this out ,or you might be labeled a "COOT" by those who disagree with you.
OOPS, to late.
However, we did miss our streak of winning it every other year in the CFP era,

Jan 2, 2022, 3:28 PM

Whoa there, I wouldn’t say we think just alike and err #### body on here knows I’m not a coot. I think you ruined your reputation on other subjects and it’s bled over into this one you just so happen to be right on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the true fans here realize how hard it is to win a national championship.

Jan 2, 2021, 2:09 PM

But we didn’t just lose last night. We got killed.

What about our last playoff game before this one, against LSU? That’s right, we got killed.

We have certainly been spoiled lately with great coaches, great players, and great facilities. But with that - and all of the financial investment that has contributed to achieving and maintaining that success - comes great expectations. So in that respect, I don’t think it’s unreasonable for us to be disappointed that we have lost these last to playoff games so badly.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I think the true fans here realize how hard it is to win a national championship.

Jan 2, 2021, 2:15 PM

Judge, the reality is we should have lost to Ohio St last year and pulled off a win. They had superior talent and intellectually honest people will admit it. LSU were world beaters. The jury is still out but if Ohio St played that game last night against Bama they would have beaten them too. These are the most elite teams squaring off now, nothing less than an A game will get you squashed and we have been on the other end of a trouncing or two if you think back a few years.

Re: We got killed.

Jan 2, 2021, 2:17 PM [ in reply to I think the true fans here realize how hard it is to win a national championship. ]

In some parts of our state losing by 21 is almost like winning.

Jan 2, 2021, 2:10 PM

Playoff started in 2014, not 2015

Jan 2, 2021, 2:21 PM

Just saying

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic