Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why is there an opt out deadline date? The NCAA is the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,243

Why is there an opt out deadline date? The NCAA is the

Aug 6, 2020, 11:28 AM

WORST!! Pressuring kids and their families into making a decision before knowing any information moving forward. I get it, the teams have to know for certain reasons, but what if the kid wants to play a few weeks and figure it out. They should leave student athletes even more options, not pressure them right now. Rant over, thanks!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why is there an opt out deadline date? The NCAA is the

Aug 6, 2020, 11:35 AM

Some of our players didnt attend weight in. Might be a sign?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't you think it would be nice to let the coaches be able

Aug 6, 2020, 11:38 AM

make a few plans and not have to worry about a kid quitting at any point in time?

Is 'Opt out' different

Aug 6, 2020, 11:43 AM

Than quitting?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If a kid gets sick, the coach gets no notice and has to plan

Aug 6, 2020, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Don't you think it would be nice to let the coaches be able ]

accordingly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

It is hard to plan production schedules if you

Aug 6, 2020, 11:57 AM

Don't know who will be at work.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I get that, but to hold a year of eligibility over their

Aug 6, 2020, 1:56 PM

heads seems wrong. Why can't they start the season and if they feel the safety measures are not acceptable to their families expectations opt out and not lose a year. Some guys like XT didn't red shirt anyway so they could do the 4 games and redshirt I imagine. Don't even try to know all the scholarship rules. It's not like they are going to add someone else to the team, they have to use the next man up mentality similar to if someone comes down with Covid19 during the season.

You need a minimum of 11 people

Aug 6, 2020, 2:21 PM

To play a football game. If you only have 10 , you can't play and there is no point of even starting a season.

I'm sure 11 is not the # but I'm sure there is a # in mind...50 or 60 maybe?

If you only get 49 then there is no point. Even with no fans there are logistics that have to be figured out more than 3 weeks in advance.

They will need people cleaning the stadium right? So you tell a person I'll need you for 6 Saturdays.. the person agrees ...and doesn't take on any other satuday jobs.

3 weeks later you call them, sorry.... my players don't feel like playing anymore. Your fired..good luck.

Those are just examples I came up with to justify having a deadline. I don't know if they are true or not.

I do know these players are not quite the victims some of us make them out to be.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Why is there an opt out deadline date? The NCAA is the

Aug 6, 2020, 12:24 PM

Not a rant! Apparently the players are not getting any info. Hope I am wrong! They should be able to start season and be able to opt by 3 rd game!! Opt out is different from leaving. Still on team but not playing because of virus.

Does your company give you the option

Aug 6, 2020, 12:30 PM

To not work?

Pretty cool if they do. Mine wouldn't

Seems like some serious

Aug 6, 2020, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Why is there an opt out deadline date? The NCAA is the ]

Over-thinking about an issue foreign to all. Just sayin...

XT, for example, could get the flu in October and essentially miss all those games. Opt out isn't an OPTion...knowwhatImean? ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,243
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic