Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Covid....seems we are getting blase about the threat
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Covid....seems we are getting blase about the threat

Jan 20, 2021, 10:26 AM

and need to continue to take this seriously...I just got off the phone with the Purch Dir of a major customer. Found out his 23 year old niece died from covid. No apparent underlying condition.
I know this is a rare occurence at that age, but it can and will happen if young people do not take proper precautions.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Greenville has been this way for a long time

Jan 20, 2021, 10:30 AM

hence the hot spot for the state.

Just found out my mailman has it. I still wash my hands after getting the mail.

He is a real nice guy and just likes to talk with people. No mask of course.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I found myself on Woodruff Rd last night.

Jan 20, 2021, 10:43 AM

I noticed that Twin Peaks, Chuy's, some cajun place, and a few other restaurants were packed. Seemed excessive for a random Tuesday in January. I think around here people are doing things that are labeled risky out of spite.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Covid....seems we are getting blase about the threat

Jan 20, 2021, 10:30 AM

Also college kids:

Jan 20, 2021, 10:41 AM

Tuscaloosa last week

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spread some Rona

Jan 20, 2021, 10:48 AM

Parked in a holler 'neath the mountain moonlight
Holdin' her up tight
Make a little lovin'
A little turtle dovin' on a Mason Dixon night
It's my life
Oh so right
My dixieland delight

College kids can get ######

Jan 20, 2021, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Also college kids: ]

I know it sounds over the top, but let me finish, they can get ###### with old, rusty rebar, BUT ONLY until there's bleeding

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they still got a Pita Pit***

Jan 20, 2021, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Also college kids: ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Honestly, it sucks when old people die earlier than they should too.

Jan 20, 2021, 10:47 AM

That’s why I’m glad you’re still posting!
Seriously though , I hope you guys recover quickly. Love you Beng.

For me it is kind of weird to watch so many people basically say, “Oh well, old and sick people die... let’s move forward anyways.” But as soon as it takes mama they’re up in arms about the lousy doctors, nursing homes, and that one aunt that wouldn’t wear a mask. Everybody is at some level of risk. And everybody is at some level of being tired of this “Covid crap”. Complacency is easy. But folks are still getting sick and some folks are still dying. You know how some kids don’t learn anything until they experience it for themselves. (That’s the kind of kid I am.) Well that’s where we’re at. We’re not good at learning from watching someone else. We’ve got to put our hands on it first.
Unfortunately, until it gets messy for them, some people are willing to sacrifice you and yours. The misinformation and politically driven conspiracy theories certainly have not helped.

Yes, it does

Jan 20, 2021, 10:52 AM

We were supposed to be with grandchildren last Fri nite, but backed out when I started feeling bad. Had not recd test result yet, but had a feeling this time I would be positive. I tested negative when the mrs contracted rona back in NOV if yall recall...

The whole thing is a mess.

Jan 20, 2021, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Honestly, it sucks when old people die earlier than they should too. ]

A co-worker, who is mid 20s, former soccer player, runs a lot still, ya know the type got it and knocked him out of work for 3 days. When I had it, it was no worse than my typical cold, save for the loss of smell. To look at the two of us, I'd be the one at risk to have a harder time.

Add that in with how folks were behaving last March and it just gets worse.

We had to make a tough call at Christmas. Sharkgirl's dad will be 70 this year and is diabetic. That #### could turn on him in an instant. This led us to having to choose between risking getting people sick with Covid or missing a chance to visit. We too all the precautions we could and went. Luckily no one got sick.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Getting blase?

Jan 20, 2021, 10:51 AM

People BEEN blase. At least 'round here. I STILL know several that flat out refuse to wear a mask, insist it is a hoax about the government trying to control lives.

One of them I know DID GET THE RONA. All symptoms classic, for like a week. Quarantine? NOPE. Went to work, went to kids sports games, went to peeps homes. Heck, even hosted a party.

IT'S JUST A SINUS INFECTION AND I AIN'T GETTING TESTED.

I'm coming to eat at your place when I get well!***

Jan 20, 2021, 10:53 AM

I can understand folks not wanting to wear a mask

Jan 20, 2021, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Getting blase? ]

because the "Government told them too." They don't knowingly give the Government an inch, that is fine. I also get that they may not be all that effective. But how god #### hard is it to do something out of general kindness for others? Had people just done that on there own, we there would not have been mandates or ordinances about it.

it's freaking everywhere. and as of today, the kid is back

Jan 20, 2021, 10:54 AM

in the germ pool. we traded the stress and burden of trying to do virtual school with the stress of waiting for the phone/email about being exposed and needing to quarantine.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

We chose to stay virtual and it still sucks!

Jan 20, 2021, 11:04 AM

At least this way, we can plan out our schedule without concern for sudden changes. Maybe a little consistency in a time of no consistency? Who knows?

But man oh man... Does it feel like we’re wasting another year of education!

Yeah. it was a tough call both times, but it's K5

Jan 20, 2021, 11:56 AM

and we felt like he was getting behind on reading, handwriting. plus he gets services in school. So, I don't know. I don't like the uncertainty..lack of control, but here we are. His class is made up of all former virtual students, so hopefully all the families are cautious.

Wife-of's coworker was out of work for 6 weeks with the Rona

Jan 20, 2021, 11:18 AM

back in the summer. This is all here in upstate SC.

Her Sister (both sisters are health care workers) and husband were obnoxious anti-maskers despite the previous 6 week illness of sister.

You know, refusing masks and telling people in big box store that asked 'Oh we already had it so we are safe' (they hadn't had it); refusing to wear masks at small family holiday with elderly parents where everyone else was masked and distanced.

Well, you know how this ends - they both get sick. Sister in hospital, husband home alone crying on phone to people that he is lonely and can't visit her. Outcome TBD.

Didn't you hear? COVID WILL BE OVER AT 12:01 TODAY

Jan 20, 2021, 11:19 AM

Joe won't stand for it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

All I heard was it was ending Nov 3, 2020.***

Jan 20, 2021, 11:41 AM

is anybody taking Vitamin D?

Jan 20, 2021, 11:37 AM

besides me that is. Been scarfing it for months, since I read up how Vitamin D deficient people are the ones most at-risk for severe Covid symptoms/death. Google it up, many articles out there. Cheap and easy, almost silly not to. Especially during winter months when getting lots of sun is impossible. A year's supply is maybe $10. Worst case, you get stronger bones and lungs.

That's the one preventative measure that I most believe in, that Vitamin D helps more than masks, more than washing hands, more than anything besides one's own natural viral immunities (which is #1 IMO, and nothing anyone can do about that).

If it's done nothing except reduce my worry about catching Covid about 1000%, then it's been completely worthwhile.

Just took Covid test #16 this AM. Perfect so far.

Have been taking 5000 mg a day for 2 years. ******

Jan 20, 2021, 11:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have been taking 5000 mg a day since summer***

Jan 20, 2021, 1:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

5000 mg?? I'm missing something....***

Jan 20, 2021, 8:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

What are you doing to need 16 covid tests?

Jan 20, 2021, 11:42 AM [ in reply to is anybody taking Vitamin D? ]

There are probably easier ways to make money.

Let's just say I know Mrs. Scooter

Jan 20, 2021, 11:46 AM [ in reply to is anybody taking Vitamin D? ]

is DEFINITELY getting the D

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes. doctor prescribed for me years ago when my levels

Jan 20, 2021, 11:59 AM [ in reply to is anybody taking Vitamin D? ]

were low. I blamed it on being blessed with melanin and living 3 years in central PA (which has more overcast days than Seattle...just saying)

I've certainly been adamant about it in this past year though.

Double pneumonia and a week in the hospital made me believe.***

Jan 20, 2021, 8:14 PM

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic