Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I find it odd that some folks are actually falling for The Atlantic's desperation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

I find it odd that some folks are actually falling for The Atlantic's desperation

Sep 6, 2020, 12:55 AM

https://www.dailywire.com/news/atlantic-owner-is-biden-megadonor-close-to-storys-author-sixth-witness-trump-opponent-disputes-story?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It will pass in less than a week.

Sep 6, 2020, 12:59 AM

The left is running on fumes

https://www.dailywire.com/news/anonymous-sources-tell-mag-trump-called-dead-troops-losers-5-witnesses-go-on-record-to-dispute

Re: It will pass in less than a week.

Sep 6, 2020, 1:08 AM

"I Can't Believe People Believe The Atlantic" Man Says While Uncritically Repeating Things He Read In The Daily Wire

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2020, 1:11 AM

Sep 6, 2020, 1:15 AM

As of press time, the local man was reportedly joined by another uncritical reader who dutifully echoed the talking points handed down from The Daily Wire.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2020, 1:22 AM

These are 6 identified people who say it's false

Sep 6, 2020, 4:51 AM [ in reply to Re: It will pass in less than a week. ]

"Talking points" says the guy falling for unidentifed sources. You can't make this up.

I'd love to hear where The Daily Wire has been cited for BS

Sep 6, 2020, 5:00 AM [ in reply to Re: It will pass in less than a week. ]

Would you like me to show you the nonsense coming out of The Atlantic?

sorry, I accidentally pointed you

Sep 6, 2020, 8:57 AM

do not have my contacts in yet.

Per Media bias Fact check....

"The Wire"

Overall, we rate The Daily Wire borderline questionable and Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that align with the conservative right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to several failed fact checks. If the Daily Wire fails another fact check will be moved to the Questionable list.

The Atlantic

Overall, we rate The Atlantic Left-Center Biased due to editorial positions and High for factual reporting based on excellent sourcing of information and a clean fact check record.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and to deter the argument that Media Bias FactCheck itself has liberal bias

Sep 6, 2020, 9:14 AM

Here is CNN

Overall, we rate CNN left biased based on editorial positions that consistently favors the left, while straight news reporting falls left-center through bias by omission. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to several failed fact checks by TV hosts. However, news reporting on the website tends to be properly sourced with minimal failed fact checks

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so in my attempt to remain openminded...

Sep 6, 2020, 6:01 AM [ in reply to Re: It will pass in less than a week. ]

I'm having difficulty understanding why weighing the information provided in the Daily Caller is an uncritical rendering. Are they more biased than the Atlantic?

According to Jennifer Griffin's own comments, John Roberts worked the story with her. I find John Roberts to be a credible journalist as well.

We are at the point where Trump has denied the claims and there are several other witnesses that have come forward on Trump's side. Now that we have actual people on record it's time for the anonymous sources to come forward.

This fear of retribution from "Trump and his minions" is a crap excuse.

The only argument against the Daily Caller article, in a sense of critical thinking, is I don't like the Daily Caller. Is that really critical thinking?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: so in my attempt to remain openminded...

Sep 6, 2020, 7:53 AM

The two are not remotely comparable. The Atlantic is Media Elite. Argue all you want; they are. They are the best of the best. You get a gig with The Atlantic it's because you're hot stuff in the journalism trade.

The Daily Caller...not so much. At all. Media monitors call it strongly right-biased, its ownership is not a matter of public record - it's owned only by "The Daily Caller, Inc." It's published articles written by white supremacists, including the guy who organized the Neo-Nazi rally at Charlottesville.

Oh, and it's got a mixed track record for fact-checking as well, close to what mediabiasfactcheck would call "questionable".

Those would be my arguments against The Daily Caller. It isn't Infowars - which sort of sets the bar for pure trash - but it's still pretty durn bad journalism.

Media Elite? Army Intelligence? Feminist equanimity?

Sep 6, 2020, 8:13 AM

I could go on.

Please for the love of God, find something else to sell. This chit just gets old.

They seriously just need to give you Liberals you own 25 States so you can f*ck it up as much as you want.

Re: Media Elite? Army Intelligence? Feminist equanimity?

Sep 6, 2020, 9:02 AM

For about the millionth time, crazy man, I am not a liberal. And no, you cannot have half the country either. We concluded that particular war back in 1865; it didn't go so well for your team. If you want to have another go, by all means, grab your biggest shootin' iron and find yourself an Apache or M-1 Abrams tank to plink away at and see if the Army wants some. (Good luck! I'm rooting for ya!)

Please just stop talking to me...I've long-since given up trying to have anything resembling an actual conversation with you. The problem with crazy people is they literally make sane people crazy. Getting people to hate you seems to be how you engage.

If you could, how 'bout you actually follow through on your grandiose and dramatic threat to find a new team and go away?

And I’m the one with emotional blindspots***

Sep 6, 2020, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Re: so in my attempt to remain openminded... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speaking of blindspots, it wasn't the Daily Caller.

Sep 6, 2020, 9:10 AM

It was the Daily Wire, which is Ben Shapiro, who I've paid enough attention to over the past few years to tell you that yeah, not reliable. Not Rush Limbaugh or Hannity unreliable, mind you. But not great. Happy to have that conversation if you're familiar with his work.

Re: Speaking of blindspots, it wasn't the Daily Caller.

Sep 6, 2020, 9:35 AM

I stand corrected, Daily Wire. What has he said in this particular piece that is incorrect?

I am familiar with him. What I’ve seen of him is he is a brute, much like Tucker Carlson, who speaks over people with confidence. Some of his arguments are good, some are weak.

I fully believe Trump has those sentiments for Vietnam War

Sep 6, 2020, 10:15 AM

Hesitant to believe he’d say that about World War deaths.

Still trashy that he’d even feel that way about any soldiers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And I’m the one with emotional blindspots***

Sep 6, 2020, 9:44 AM [ in reply to And I’m the one with emotional blindspots*** ]

What the heck are you talking about? You basically said that K-Mart is as good as Saks Fifth Avenue.

It, uhm...isn't. That's the problem with all these false equivalencies the right is throwing around these days; they tend to deny the very reality that sometimes people who are really good at their trade - you know, scientists, doctors, climatologists, even reporters whose job it is to be informed and know stuff - might actually be good at their job and, well, know stuff.

Again, that's really the point of the "conservative media". It isn't media so much as it just exists to negate the impact the actual media has. Or in the words of Steve Bannon: "Flood the zone with $hit."

I'm talking about judging the information...

Sep 6, 2020, 10:07 AM

without the label. What is incorrect in Shapiro's claims here? Not whether you like the source.

I must be the psychopath in here because I feel like I'm constantly arguing with both sides.

I'm not sure where you think I'm coming from, but I like to get our of my comfort zone and read stuff with which I disagree to get differing perspectives.

You are a danger to the truth as...

Sep 6, 2020, 2:33 PM

defined by most people. Truth only comes or goes in one direction. Until you realize that and stop reading sources which can't be trusted because one side or the other says so you will continue to argue with both sides. It's fun sometimes.

I tried it unintentionally when I gave Trump h##l over allowing the CDC to continue controlling all testing for the virus. Afterword, it became clear the CDC's test and testing was a flustercluck. I still don't get it. A healthy and damning criticism of Trump rejected in defense of science and the bureau which put us weeks behind figuring out who had the virus and was spreading it across our nation. That is the CDC's primary function, to identify disease, track the spread and stamp it out so as to save lives.

I was attacked by one side for attacking Trump and attacked by the other for attacking the CDC. But were I a Joebro I would be exploiting this concept to Trump's final damnation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To LEGO a thought to that one

Sep 6, 2020, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Re: And I’m the one with emotional blindspots*** ]

....and to radicalize old people who sit around and click click click all day. And emailing(cause they don’t trust social media) around the “profound “ truths they’ve found on the net...so it must be true. Conservative entertainment media is the terrorist indoctrination and training videos of today. It is just sick.

Several people on here...

Sep 6, 2020, 10:31 AM

that are left-leaning agree the media is left-leaning.

In a country that supposedly supports freedom and free speech, is it okay to have differing views, even if they are wrong?

At what point does the MSM become a propaganda arm of one party? Should they be held in check at all? Who's going to do that?

You’ve got to put away the left vs right media

Sep 6, 2020, 11:02 AM

definitions. News is news, media is media. Conservative political entertainment is neither of those, it’s the difference between information and entertainment.

The history of media on this country will show you that acceptable information sources have always been seen as a bit left leaning. That is the nature of the relationship between those in political power and those reporting on it. If they’re not looking at politicians with an analytical eye, then they are just cheerleaders. Who the fugg wants that? Whether D or R is in office it is the media’s job to analyze and critique, it’s not an opposite position, it’s just a position of less advantage.

Conservative entertainment media is just propaganda. The Ailes brainchild gone off the rails. There is a reason why the liberal prop sites that are the infowar, Breitbart, and Daily wire mirrors aren’t nearly as popular their counterparts...because we know it’s garbage.

so I need to take my own advice

Sep 6, 2020, 11:15 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Im-talking-about-judging-the-information-27734813

this is really hopeless, seriously

very disappointed in the lack of objectivity in this place.

If you want to read political entertainment, then read it.

Sep 6, 2020, 1:44 PM

Want news, read it. Or, just listen to Trumps own words, that’s all you really need to confirm his constant shiddiness.

You’ve got to put away the left vs right media

Sep 6, 2020, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Several people on here... ]

definitions. News is news, media is media. Conservative political entertainment is neither of those, it’s the difference between information and entertainment.

The history of media on this country will show you that acceptable information sources have always been seen as a bit left leaning. That is the nature of the relationship between those in political power and those reporting on it. If they’re not looking at politicians with an analytical eye, then they are just cheerleaders. Who the fugg wants that? Whether D or R is in office it is the media’s job to analyze and critique, it’s not an opposite position, it’s just a position of less advantage.

Conservative entertainment media is just propaganda. The Ailes brainchild gone off the rails. There is a reason why the liberal prop sites that are the infowar, Breitbart, and Daily wire mirrors aren’t nearly as popular their counterparts...because we know it’s garbage.

Re: Several people on here...

Sep 6, 2020, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Several people on here... ]

The biggest trick the Devil ever pulled, they say, is convincing the world he didn't exist.

The biggest trick the "conservative media" ever pulled was successfully labeling itself the "conservative media" and getting people to repeat that descriptor with a straight face, like the "conservative media" is just the same as the so-called "mainstream" or "liberal media", just conservative.

It is not. The mainstream media is the actual media. It has various grades of quality, yeah, and a lot of it bears serious examination, both in terms of bias, quality, and its tendency to over-sensationalize. The agendas of the owners of these publications likewise bears scrutiny. (Does anyone really think it's a coincidence Jeff Bezos bought WaPo right as the media - especially reputable publications like The Guardian - were taking dead aim at Amazon and its business and labor practices?) We could go on, and on, and on about all of that.

But the "conservative media" isn't media. It's a disease...and truthfully, it crawled into the space left vacant precisely by some of the aforementioned flaws in modern media today, like rats getting into the floorboards. It doesn't play by the same rules of accountability; it has none. They could care less if they get it wrong; that's "conservative media's" job. Its job is literally to spout excrement from the so-called "firehose of falsehood" that I think Murcielago once posted a link to here...which basically means vested interests are purposefully negating the impact actual news sources have by spewing such a volume of misinformation that people literally can't sift through the bad information to find the good. Some of these "sources" are literally mercenaries for hire, and are often paid (sometimes by spec!) by various interest groups.
https://www.rand.org/pubs/perspectives/PE198.html

In a high-volume information density environment like the modern world, filters are all-important. There aren't enough hours in the day to sift through all the outputs; you have to be able to identify what is usually quality and what is almost always junk and filter appropriately.

Once in a blue moon these "conservative media" sources might stumble upon an actual nugget of truth, in much the same way that even blind squirrels sometimes find nuts and stopped clocks are wrong twice a day...but I'm not going to waste my day sifting through them, either.

I have yet to get a rebuttal of Shapiro's claims...

Sep 6, 2020, 12:17 PM

instead I keep receiving lectures of how gullible I am for not trusting MSM.

https://www.npr.org/2017/10/02/555092743/study-news-coverage-of-trump-more-negative-than-for-other-presidents

1) I did read the article and understand Pew doesn't intend for conclusions to be drawn.

2) I also understand that Trump is a special case who invites the fight.

3) I will also say that things have worsened in the last 20 years as observed by the media's treatment of Biden.

If one is willing to ignore the obvious bias of the media it is easy to make their reporting the gospel. Further, it is easier to dismiss any need for a counter perspective.

Our media necessitates a need for accountability. I see so-called fact checks all the time with poor or no proof for their claims. There was one last week where Biden was accused of something and a fact check said the reason the charge was untrue is because the Biden camp said it wasn't true.

Nobody is telling me what to think. It is fairly obvious. I would argue that Trump is a direct result of Obama and how the media fawned all over him.

Rebuttal

Sep 6, 2020, 12:24 PM

Do you see how you shift the burden?

Sep 6, 2020, 1:55 PM [ in reply to I have yet to get a rebuttal of Shapiro's claims... ]

When you see The Atlantic article, your answer is that you have reason to doubt it. Then you point to the Daily Wire article, but for some reason you don't doubt the Daily Wire article, and you shift the burden to everyone else to rebut it.

For instance, this is from the Daily Wire:
Philanthropist Laurene Powell Jobs — who has donated more than $1.2 million to nearly 70 Democrat politicians since 2019 — is reportedly in close contact with the journalist who published the hit piece on President Donald Trump that claimed, based only on anonymous sources, that Trump called dead American soldiers “losers” and “suckers.”

She's "reportedly" in close contact with the journalist? This was okay with you? Reported by who? Did you accept this claim as true or did you apply your anonymous-sources-are-bullshirt rule?

Message was edited by: spooneye®

Additionally...

Sep 6, 2020, 2:07 PM

the main points about the article is that Powell Jobs indirectly owns a large share of The Atlantic, and that John Bolton didn't hear Trump say the thing that other people heard him say.

I think both those things may be true. The point, apparently, is that if a rich Democrat is an indirect owner of a magazine, then the articles in that magazine are anti-Republican lies... I guess? And if John Bolton didn't hear Trump say something, then it's definitive proof that he never said it?

This is typical Daily Wire style, which is to report on other stories, rather than on the news. Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC are very guilty of the same thing. Anytime the story is about what some other news source is reporting and how they're reporting it, you're not watching news, you're watching spin. This is spin.

fair enough...

Sep 6, 2020, 2:24 PM

I think I addressed that below. I recognize the spin.

Interesting except we're not talking about that

Sep 6, 2020, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Do you see how you shift the burden? ]

Who were the 6?

Sep 6, 2020, 2:16 PM

Other than Bolton, who has stated that Trump might have said it when he wasn't around, who were the other five? Is it safe to say it's a pile of Trumpers?

Re: Who were the 6?

Sep 6, 2020, 2:23 PM

Don't think I have shifted the burden...

Sep 6, 2020, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Do you see how you shift the burden? ]

you are the first to offer a rebuttal. That is a fair question. To answer, I have no idea what her relationship is with the editor of the magazine that she has majority ownership of. I can only assume she may talk with him. I think that would be hard to verify. It seems that most of her money is filtered through the Emerson Collective that goes to a lot of causes, including democrats. I'm not sure what point I need to fact check. Are you pointing out that the claim that she is in close contact with the editor is crap? Yeah, I can't prove that.

So let me back up a little here. You seem to think my main beef with the article that it is the Atlantic. I'm making that assumption because of the issue you pointed out. No. That's not it. My problem is still the anonymous sources. I'm not even considering motives or who owns it or who has dinner with who. So honestly, the claim that that Jobs' widow is involved wasn't any proof for me.

The proof for me are the 5 or 6 people that are backing up their claim with a face. Regardless of what anybody's personal opinion is of these people it is a stronger position than anonymous sources. A good rebuttal of those claims of actual people is to impeach them - Trump lackeys would be a weak impeachment IMO. I can neither corroborate nor impeach the testimony of anonymous people.

Re: Don't think I have shifted the burden...

Sep 6, 2020, 2:40 PM

My "shift the burden" comment was because the rules seem to change. You doubt the Atlantic article on its face. That's not a rebuttal, that's just you deciding you're not persuaded. Anonymous source, no way you're buying that.

But then you ask for rebuttals of the Daily Wire article. Can't we just doubt it on its face? If that's sufficient to knock down the Atlantic article, it's sufficient for anything.

(By the way, you asked why I'm pointing something out about the ownership of The Atlantic. I pointed it out because the Daily Wire pointed it out, and I thought you wanted people to rebut the article.)

As for the 5 people: Who were they and why does their word constitute "proof" for you?

I ask because, if we're using the lazy new "anonymous sources don't count" rule to dismiss a reported fact, why not also use a lazy "past and present Trumpers don't count" rule to do the same thing? But for you, one is garbage and one is proof. Seems... possibly biased.

I'm hearing all of that...

Sep 6, 2020, 3:15 PM

and I think you're right, so let me clarify which will admit some bias.

I, right or wrong, assume that real journalists that are working for real news sources are going to paint Trump in the worst light possible if given the chance. If not completely far-left, most people who go through journalism school seem to be more left-leaning. They tend to favor democrat ideals. They hate this POTUS. It can be strongly argued (because it is evident) that Trump brings a lot of the fire on himself because of stupid comments or wrong actions. Regardless, I also believe he gets unfair criticism, he has his words twisted in many instances to make it look like he said something he didn't, and never gets any credit for anything good he does - on the contrary, anything good he does gets buried and doesn't get reported.

So I have that preconceived bias. It's not on emotion. It's not because of reading right-wing entertainment. It's not from FOX News. It's my observation.

On the Atlantic article, I did dismiss it on face value because of anonymous sources. This has been the cycle of the news the last four years. Some big news story come out and then fades away.

So in another thread I linked another article where Jennifer Griffin stated her sources were "unimpeachable." I don't know Goldberg - I am not a regular reader of The Atlantic. But I'm familiar with Griffin, and I believe she is reliable. In that thread, I admitted that I had mischaracterized the anonymous sources if Griffin is making that strong of a statement...although I still needed names.

All things considered, names are still stronger than anonymous sources, but I'm not going to necessarily dismiss sources that are anonymous. This story will have to grow for me to accept it.

Maybe that's unreasonable. Just how I feel.

Re: I'm hearing all of that...

Sep 6, 2020, 4:44 PM

So who are these 5 people who, because they've been named, you trust to truthfully report on what Trump said or didn't say? I've never managed to find a list of all 5. I think Huckabee-Sanders and Stephen Miller are on the list. Are you saying you take their words for it?

Other than that issue, we're pretty much on the same page.

It can be strongly argued (because it is evident) that Trump brings a lot of the fire on himself because of stupid comments or wrong actions.

Yes, absolutely. And if there's a journalistic bias against him, it's more about that and less about whether they lean left. After all, Trump is NOT a right-winger. The reason he's hated isn't because of conservative policies. His policy positions are barely discernible.

I'd suggest (not saying this to you but just as a suggestion to everyone) taking in the MSM directly rather than through secondary media that reports on the media. The NY Times, for instance, has reported on everything that you would say Trump deserves credit for. Criminal justice reform comes to mind.

The Times op-ed department, by the way, has conservative and well as liberal writers.

I'm not referring to CNN/Fox/MSNBC, which might be MSM but are nearly worthless. I'm talking reputable first-hand reporting.

Are you reading the second article linked?

Sep 6, 2020, 4:54 PM

are you out of your mind?***

Sep 6, 2020, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Re: so in my attempt to remain openminded... ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Re: so in my attempt to remain openminded...

Sep 6, 2020, 3:38 PM [ in reply to so in my attempt to remain openminded... ]

I'm having difficulty understanding why weighing the information provided in the Daily Caller is an uncritical rendering. Are they more biased than the Atlantic?

According to Jennifer Griffin's own comments, John Roberts worked the story with her. I find John Roberts to be a credible journalist as well.

We are at the point where Trump has denied the claims and there are several other witnesses that have come forward on Trump's side. Now that we have actual people on record it's time for the anonymous sources to come forward.

This fear of retribution from "Trump and his minions" is a crap excuse.

The only argument against the Daily Caller article, in a sense of critical thinking, is I don't like the Daily Caller. Is that really critical thinking?

Sorry, but you are naive if you think retributions from TheRump and his cultists are minimal.

Just read about ALL of the death threats to Dr. Anthony Fauci, when he would not back the lies of TheRump about hydoxychloroquine. (TheRump's new medical adviser is a radiologist that has no clue.)

The (GOP) medical director for the state of Ohio resigned because of the hundreds of threats to her family, because she backed closures and masking.

The rightwing fringe supporting TheRump is way scarier than Antifa. So said the recently-resigned director of domestic threat evaluations for Homeland Security. (Her bio included: born-again Christian, lifetime GOP member/supporter, and Trump voter in 16.) She quit in disgust because her reports of the dangers of the rightwing fringe were squelched by the high admin in the WH, probably by TheRump.

People that continue to support TheRump will be asked, by TheRump, to take their guns to the street when he gets slammed in the election. The FBI and Army (both hate him and Barr) will have to move him out, and take control of the streets. A lot of guns will be confiscated. Stay off the streets; TheRump is deranged and dangerous.

Ok....

Sep 6, 2020, 4:12 PM

Well let me know when you have something more than anecdotal here say from people who may or not may not be who they say they are...and further when any real action on these threats take place.

I think there are enough looney toons on both extremes to fill that void.

Sep 6, 2020, 1:22 AM [ in reply to It will pass in less than a week. ]

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoyella/2020/09/05/fox-news-journalists-defend-colleague-targeted-by-president-trump/#776a1bae2a84

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oh ok that settles it then

Sep 6, 2020, 4:54 AM

Wait, what?

Re: I find it odd that some folks are actually falling for The Atlantic's desperation

Sep 6, 2020, 1:15 AM

You find it odd that the “news” prints a fake story, all other news agencies breathlessly report it for days, then fools regurgitate it all over social media?

That’s not odd, that’s normal.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait, so anonymous sources are real and ID'ed sources aren't?

Sep 6, 2020, 4:53 AM

Also odd.

True or not when someone stands naked before us and sez:

Sep 6, 2020, 1:17 AM

My heroes are the ones who didn’t get captured, articles like that just come with the territory.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And you took that literally??

Sep 6, 2020, 5:06 AM

That's odd.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=541Cg2Jnb8s

Whoa, thanks for that video.

Sep 6, 2020, 9:19 AM

For those who don't want to watch all 3.5 minutes of babbling, you can skip to the part where Trump says he was just kidding about the McCain comment. Just fast forward to the point where, hang on, hmm, he actually never says he's kidding and never retracts the comment, and actually he just says the thing Joe says he said.

But don't take it literally because... there's a video of him literally saying it.

another dumb statement by Trump...

Sep 6, 2020, 6:05 AM [ in reply to True or not when someone stands naked before us and sez: ]

Trump has proven himself to be petty. I believe the statement was aimed at John McCain. Horrible words, but I think Trump had a legitimate beef with McCain for his involvement with the dossier. I believe that was the context of those words.

I find it odd that anyone believes he didn’t say it.

Sep 6, 2020, 1:17 AM

Yer gullible. Like you’ve never had to defend anything trumps said.

I'm being gullible by siding with named sources while you're hoping

Sep 6, 2020, 4:58 AM

something comes of anonymous sources? Ok.

By the way, tell me one thing that Trump said that I have to defend?

Who is your presidential candidate? Without even knowing I bet there are things you must defend. I mean, surely you're not using this angle with Joe, right?

It’s been confirmed by multiple sources independent of the

Sep 6, 2020, 8:36 AM

article. You’re a dumfugg if you don’t think Trump said it. Think for a minute, does this sound like him? Yes, it sounds exactly like him. And when has trump ever “not” said something when he was accused of such. I’ll answer that for you...never.

He’s a human garbage can, just accept it.

Re: I find it odd that some folks are actually falling for The Atlantic's desperation

Sep 6, 2020, 8:35 AM

What's even more odd is how many ignorant naive rubes still fall for Trump's bullshyatt. There is a reason he hugs the flag and carries the Bible. He thinks/knows you're an idiot.

Another way to check media credibility....

Sep 7, 2020, 8:47 AM

Look at the ads. The people buying the ads know exactly who consumes the media.

Most recent print issue of The Atlantic (yes, I subscribe):

Back cover: Charles Schwab. Inside cover spread: Nonprofit trying to end hunger; Next page, Morgan Stanley; Next ad, some kind of business software company selling something too complicated for me to understand; Next ad, water filtration system; Next ad, business software for companies with employees working at home.

This morning's number one story on FoxNews.com's ads:

Nail clippers, American flag hats and mugs from Fox News store, jobs at WellPath, Watlow heaters, then, at the bottom: (1) 25 Hilarious Red Carpet Fails; (2) This Scene Has One Ridiculous Flaw No One Noticed (below a picture of Lieutenant Dan from Forrest Gump); (3) Baywatch Star is a Perfect Ten at 57 Years Old. . . .

Replies: 56
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic