Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I figured senators needed to check with home before they...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 463

I figured senators needed to check with home before they...

Sep 23, 2020, 12:35 PM

made any commitment toward a SCOTUS seat being filled this close to the election.

“I know everybody wants to ask the question, ‘will you confirm the nominee?’” she said outside the Capitol, as her Republican colleagues were gathering for their weekly policy lunch. “We don’t have a nominee yet. You and I don’t know who that is. And so I can’t confirm whether or not I can confirm a nominee when I don’t know who the nominee is.”

https://www.alaskapublic.org/2020/09/22/alaskas-sen-murkowski-says-she-cant-rule-out-voting-for-trumps-supreme-court-pick/

Twist the knife, anyone?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know why people are saying they "have the votes"

Sep 23, 2020, 12:36 PM

That implies that Senators will vote "yes" no matter who the nominee is. We don't have a name, we haven't heard anything in a confirmation hearing yet.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agree.. it shows its about nothing more than politics...

Sep 23, 2020, 12:46 PM

similar to pelosi's comment about 'arrows in their quiver'. nothings happened yet, but they already ready to impeach

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They talk, and are talked to, as if they are opposing

Sep 23, 2020, 12:48 PM

teams, as opposed to collaborating government leaders.

yep, and i dont see it ever getting better...***

Sep 23, 2020, 1:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is specifically opposite to the statement.

Sep 23, 2020, 1:06 PM [ in reply to I don't know why people are saying they "have the votes" ]

"Alaska’s Sen. Murkowski says she can’t rule out voting for Trump’s Supreme Court pick.."

Pubs are specifying that the qualification for SCOTUS is the individual's qualifications to sit on the bench. It didn't become political until Dems started seating radicals who legislated from the bench.

When one party draws a line those who do not cross over that line and join them are deemed to oppose. Pubs were bestowed the identity of being opposed to legislative activism. Traditionally, being opposed to legislative activism was universal. Who, then, made this political. Are pubs really political when they hold the traditional position of nominating judges who aren't political activist, who can't find law which isn't in the constitution?

No, you're short sighted and missing important history. That's standard if you can't remember seeing judges being confirmed by 90+ to <10 votes. For instance, RBG confirmed by a what 97-3 vote who went on to support abortion even up to and including partial birth where they snip the spine just below the skull of a viable human before a child can cry?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_W75zh1j2I

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, I was expressing my agreement with Sen. Murkowski.

Sep 23, 2020, 1:10 PM

I'm sorry I didn't make that clear.

Replies: 6
| visibility 463
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic