Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Oct 28, 2019, 7:51 AM

Friday night, bought a ladder ate some Costo stuffed peppers, watched Live PD.

Saturday, put off all yard work all day due to possible rain. Watched a lot of football.

Sunday, finally did some yard work, cut down two tiny trees with the chainsaw and didn't die. There are more that need to come down but being so close to my fence means maybe doing it the hard way.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not too bad, kept my Friday off streak alive

Oct 28, 2019, 7:56 AM

at 14

Friday - Went fishing on Russell, kind of slow, ended with 12 bass. Played Mr. Mom, picked up kids and went to a kid's birthday party. Ate a burger

Saturday - Hung around the house, plowed the field while fam was grocery shopping. Left for the game around 3:00. Prepared for 1/2 inch of rain but experienced perfect weather instead.

Sunday - Church, took McJr fishing a couple hours, back home for dinner and back to church.

Happy Monday Jounge

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't believe you went fishing on Sunday.

Oct 28, 2019, 8:02 AM

For some reason I don't know, that was quite frowned upon in my family.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean like religiously?

Oct 28, 2019, 8:04 AM

I've taken the church kids fishing on Sunday....a couple of times

Yeah, that's better. I had to explain

Oct 28, 2019, 8:09 AM

to folks that since I wasn't a fisherman, fishing wasn't work. I also was never skipping church just to go fishing.

that was my mom's rule too. No fishing, hunting,

Oct 28, 2019, 9:20 AM

golfing (I guess it was all recreational sports, she never officially expounded on HER rules).

She finally relented on the golf when I started playing on the high school golf team and begged that I HAD to practice or would get booted off the team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

in my book

Oct 28, 2019, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Not too bad, kept my Friday off streak alive ]

that's alot of bass

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Oct 28, 2019, 7:59 AM

Friday meh

Saturday..no ACC network...meh

Sunday...went to a great restaurant...then hit a local pub and watched football and gambled lightly and won.

I give the weekend a 7 out of 10.

Much better than anticipated

Oct 28, 2019, 8:03 AM

Lost Cajum gumbo Fri nite caused some serial #### activity Sat am, but all ended good
Really awesome Saturday afternoon/evening with anti-rain bubble over Clemson, grilled tenderloins and all had great time! Lazy Sunday looking for things to occupy my time; awesome performance by DW4 and HR13!

Busy

Oct 28, 2019, 8:04 AM

Friday - don't remember. I think I ate a bunch of sushi and cleaned up around the house.

Saturday - Son's championship football game. They lost. Richland North East High School has the worst football "stadium" ever. Their team had an end of the year party at the trampoline park and the kids seemed to have fun. Saturday night we did a "Trunker Treat" (sp?) at a church near our house, then went to set-up for the Adidas Family Reunion. Then we ate Mexican and went home to watch the Clemson game. I spent the first half on the toilet and fell asleep in the second half. I basically watched 10 minutes of the game.

Sunday - Cooked collards and mack-and cheese for the reunion. Went there and cheated on my diet. Ate so much food that I felt like crap for the rest of the day. Wife took kids to a video game festival thing that her brother runs. My son won a Nintendo Switch, a few games, and a few gift cards and daughter won the costume contest ($50 gift card). Re-watched a condensed version of the Clemson game and went to bed after folding laundry.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Mine was awesome!’

Oct 28, 2019, 8:05 AM

Friday night my fiancé and I went shopping to buy tailgating stuff for Saturday.
I got a parking pass and tickets so we were able to go in the game!
Got there at 7am and had a wonderful time with friends.
Sunday, he and I went and picked out our wedding bands;)
Was a pretty fun weekend;))

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think I saw you

Oct 28, 2019, 11:17 AM

You were in lower south stands, UI I think maybe 10 rows down from me. I was going to scream your name out butt didn't. You probably would think, who is that dude. I think you were not there in the 2nd half. Just sayin

chick_with_tiger_tat®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You should have said hi...

Oct 28, 2019, 12:28 PM

And yes you are correct.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Friday: played Walker course with some old friends. Ate downtown.

Saturday: spent to entire day in Clemson. Walking through campus and downtown. Went to game.

Sunday: early lunch with family. Took a lot of backroads to get back to Gangland. No rush to get home.

10/10.

It was decent. Thanks for asking.

I survived the weekend without the rest of the fam. I guess that makes me a man now or some ignorant crap like that. Tigers looked like they are on pace to make the playoffs again.

2/10 would enjoy doing again.

You know, it was pretty good

Oct 28, 2019, 8:19 AM

Friday - kids daycare Halloween party, pizza dinner, games, bed time.

Saturday - played all morning, went to the mall, salmon/steak dinner, friends came over and we watched the UM game and the Clemson game, wife got drunk for like the 5th time in 10 years, lots of jokes and fun.

Sunday - church, Lions game (finally won) and then back to church for Fall Festival for the kids, dinner at in laws, drank copious amounts of alcohol watching F1 replay.

On Saturday, I went to Target and snagged at 32" TV for $150. Set it up with Hulu and had two TV's going in the basement at the same time. It worked out great. We had a slew of UM fans at the house, so I kept the upstairs TV and downstairs TV on that game to appease the crowd and had our game running on the smaller TV on the bar. Worked amazingly well!! I was going to just return the TV, but I think I will keep it and use it more often.

9/10

-1, got too drunk yesterday for a school night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't hate it.

Oct 28, 2019, 8:30 AM

Friday: nothing

Saturday: hit road around 9 with fran towards God's Country. Quick stop at the Pig for 3 lbs. of brisket (and it was quick, I think they handed it to me like 2 minutes after ordering). They were out of cherry peppers, which is a big ole strike against the Pig, because those cherry peppers bump that particular brisket up by a full point. Ended up being a good batch, better than what those guys usually produce.

Out at tailgate by 1 or so, stopped by Greenvillian's sizeable tailgate and observed massive pot of chili being constructed. Drank some Pikesville rye (delicious, yo). Esso for a drank, and then wandered around tailgates all afternoon from basecamp. Forgot to eat anything, including brisket, so ended up getting a good deal drunker than planned or anticipated. Found RH at halftime and forcefully took whatever beer I wanted from him (translation: he handed me a Rolling Rock in a can, for which I was profusely grateful). Second half gets a little blurry. I had raingear with me the entire day, including duck boots. Didn't rain the whole game. Get back to tailgate, help clean up a bit, and suddenly...the bottom drops out. Go to grab my rain jacket from the table, and buddy's wife had spilled baked beans all over it (inside, as well). So my options are 1) wear baked bean flavored raincoat and stay dry and baked bean sticky, or 2) get soaked. Being too drunk to process much or effectively weigh other options, I went with the easy one, and...got soaked. It's Monday, and I'm still wet.

Sunday: chaos at Waffle House, but ended up hitting the spot. Traffic sucked all the way home, except 385, which is always fine until it comes time to merge, and then traffic must back up for 4 miles, because merging is terrifying and we must all come to a complete stop to effectively evaluate the situation and determine how to proceed safely.

8/10, give or take.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I didn't hate it.

Oct 28, 2019, 9:56 AM

traffic on 26 was terrible. Going 78 one minute and come to a complete stop the next for no reason. Was glad to get on I-20.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Friday: Pretty good

Oct 28, 2019, 9:04 AM

Saturday: Put out 3 flea bombs in the house. Went grocery shopping while they were going. Left and went hunting. Killed a 7 point. Wasn't a record breaker but it's meat in the freezer. Got into a Lakebum1® at a tailgate argument with a cousin who apparently has become the savior of the deer in SC and took offense that I would kill a 7 point that wasn't outside the ears. Words were said. Mainly a-sshole. Wife's uncle fell out of a tree while limbing. Landed on his head. Fractured skull. Cardiac arrest. CPR. He's lucky to be alive. Gave the dogs a flea bath when we got back. They still had some fleas even after that.

Sunday: Meetings all day. Wife of took son of to urgent care because of this cough that refuses to go away. They did a chest xray and found sacs of infection in his lungs. Steroids will do the trick. Sprayed the house for fleas again for good measure. Gave the dogs a triple flea bath with Dawn, head and shoulders, and flea shampoo. As of now they are flea free. Will check again this evening.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Complaining about a flea-infested house

Oct 28, 2019, 10:30 PM

is one of the things that David Allen Coe sang about in "If that ain't country"

There was fifty holes in an old tin roof
Me and my family we was living' proof
The people who forgot about poor white trash
And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your ###

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FEE-NOM-IN-ALL.

Oct 28, 2019, 9:04 AM

Friday, walked pup, must have had something for supper but I can't remember what, watched things on TV I suppose, definitely drank beers, and I do remember watching a PBS documentary on Charley Pride that I had recorded.

Saturday, go up and got moving. Gathered tailgate necessities including enough rain gear to weather a rainpocalypse, and headed to Clemson. Was at our tailgate by 1:00, gathered beers in a hiking cooler and headed out to Gentry Hall for the 10th Rough Mix reunion. Tons of friends from my Clemson daze, band was excellent, drank a couple of beers with Willmo® and watched the band rock out. Afterwards, headed back and ate Smoking Pig Bruswick stew before the game, saw Shorty and the crew on their way into the game, knocked out a couple
of last minute beers and wandered into the game singing the old bluegrass standard Rocky Top. Game was fun in spite of a drunk kid in front of us who couldn't go three words without interjected an F bomb loudly. I was preparing to council him, but he pissed off his girlfriend long before halftime and they left and never came back. Went out at halftime and met up with 19B®, and we discussed religion, politics, economics, and technological advances in modern medicine over ice cold Rolling Rocks. Back into the game because I enjoy seeing kids play that I've never heard of, then back to the car. The long anticipated deluge started the very minute I shut the car door to pull out of Lot 6, and lasted until I took a left in traffic. Back to Sis' condo and watched some ACC network and the Mike Leach game, then crashed.

Sunday, woke up and grabbed a coffee, then a short bit of Christmas shopping before leaving town. Got back to RH around 1:30, where I put away tailgate gear, did laundry, cleaned up the kitchen (because Mrs. cleaned house all day Saturday except for dishes), made grocery run, took the pup for a long walk, came back and ate leftover Smokin' Pig brisket & sides, watched Walking Dead.

On a scale of 1-10, the weekend was Tennessee.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now I remember what I watched Friday night.

Oct 28, 2019, 9:18 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed it, but it wasn't quite as good as a real Dolemite movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws1YIKsuTjQ

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good

Oct 28, 2019, 9:21 AM

Went to go look at the new house. Little disappointed in the progress they've made recently but we close this Wednesday. Went to parents house. After leaving there was a very loud noise coming from the left front wheel well. Made the whole car sound like a tin can. Had to stop to try to figure out what it was but I assumed it was a rock rubbing against the caliper somewhere since my parents' road is compacted 789. Couldn't see anything until I took the wheel off the next morning and found the tiniest little rock in between the caliper and the caliper shield- dumb honda pilot engineers. Sattiday night watched the tigers romp BC then went to hang out with some old friends from el ####. Sunday completely dismantled and cleaned the Weber grill - After this thing dies I'm going to switch to a charcoal grill. Maintenance is too much on gas grills. Cleaned MiL's solar panels. Had dinner at Hole foods (asspensive). Forgot my computer this morning so had to turn around and go back home to get it.

Not bad

Oct 28, 2019, 9:34 AM

Fri - pool hall chili cheeseburger for lunch. Nothing much else stands out

Sat - Fall Steeplechase was fun. Got some rain but the tent saved us. Watched the Tigers struggle to beat BC, thus justifying our drop in the coaches poll.

Sun - lazy af. I mean took lazy to a new level kind of lazy. Watched football.

right now - sitting in doctor's office with wife, whose blood pressure is way higher than it needs to be. Ts and Ps appreciated.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

hibernation successful and sold house

Oct 28, 2019, 9:45 AM

fri - took it super easy around the house, only drank wine with steak - 8.5 / 10

sattidy - got up early - not hungover - hit the gym, got my ears lowered, ran errands and made it home in time to fire up the smoker for some wangs by noon. they were delish. dawghater2she made some chili, also delish. didn't start drinking until our realtor called and said someone submitted an offer on our place.

tigers finally looked like they should on O. good to see 16 slinging it around and 9 running like somebody took his momma's lunch money all in the same game. finally. - 9.5 / 10

sunday - woke up not hungover for first time in idk when. 820 tee time. played like ###. looked at houses all afternoon, and accepted the offer for our place. now we get to try and find a home in the ridiculously overpriced ATL suburbs. 7.5 / 10

goal for the weekend was to drink less and rest up. would've been pretty much sober had we not had to stomach the fact that we're bout to have to move. we did make a nice profit, so it ain't all bad.

I wish this place would sell

Oct 28, 2019, 9:47 AM

Seems like the market has slowed waay down around here.

that's the case round here too

Oct 28, 2019, 9:51 AM

our listing expired next week. instead of pulling it, we just said "yeah let's list it b/c no one will buy it"

welp...f$ck...someone bought the sombich.

Congrats on the sale

Oct 28, 2019, 11:19 AM [ in reply to hibernation successful and sold house ]

We listed in February and sold in 2 days for asking. Very thankful we listed then because it seems like the market has gone down a bit since then.

Overe here it probably peaked in june-july

Oct 28, 2019, 11:32 AM

has been dropping since then.

Good. Pretty much a repeat of last weekend, w/less booze.

Oct 28, 2019, 10:00 AM

Friday - it was an easier week compared to last week, so no beers after work, and Friday was lil'APMette's birffday so I took her shopping for a Ukulele at the local guitar shop, then the fam went out to a Japanese steak house for dinner - hadn't done one of those in years. It was pretty fun. lil'APMette and I each caught a shrimp thrown at us by the cook. Mrs. PAW and I behaved ourselves and had the vegetarian option for dinner and it was not bad.

Satdee - slept until 0900. Unheard of in Casa APM. Got up and did some work. Went to karate with littlestAPM, did some errands, went to the youngest two kids' Halloween party at the school, came home, watched the Tigers, fell asleep and missed the entire 4th quarter.

Sunday - late church, watched LFC vs. THFC, hit the Y, did some errands, watched the Great Pumpkin with the fam, watched some Netflix with the missus. Hit the rack.

Pretty mundane and APM is OK with that. 9/10.

DND.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What was the (non)start issue with the chainsaw?***

Oct 28, 2019, 10:00 AM

Re: What was the (non)start issue with the chainsaw?***

Oct 28, 2019, 11:39 AM

aerozeptallica

I reckon even though I thought I poured a bunch of fuel

Oct 28, 2019, 1:46 PM

in it, I didn't pour nearly enough. Looked in a few days later and couldn't see any fuel, poured more and now it works.

Pretty dang great!!!

Oct 28, 2019, 10:05 AM

Fri: Off work. Myfavjr. and I went to Seneca and played golf with a friend. Hardest course I have ever played, beautiful but hard. Stayed there and grilled HB with a beer or two. Prepped for the game.

Sat: Went to game with friend and his lovely wife. Tailgated and had a blast. Myfavjr. played football the whole afternoon. Watched Clemson kick tail then went back to friends house.

Sun: Talked with fiends before leaving for Chesterfield. Took Myfavjr. to his mom's for a few days.
:(. Unpacked and grilled chicken steamed broccoli.

Would do again in a heartbeat!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

stayed until the rain

Oct 28, 2019, 10:28 AM

drove us away. Beautiful day on Saturday and hanging out after the game in Lot 1 watching foosball and drop, drop, then immediate pouring rain. Saw a bunch of fun people at the Rough Mix reunion including RH Tig .

Watched Friday fireworks on the d i k e and they were awesome. Not sure why there was nobody up there because that is the best place to watch fireworks.

Friday went shopping for wife to get a dress for a

Oct 28, 2019, 11:04 AM

wedding this weekend...did not find one. Apparently Pineville has gone down in quality recently. I hit up D!ck's and REI to kill time with the boys.

Sat morning up for an impromptu solo half marathon. Weather was great so I got some good miles in. Pace was OK, close to 1:45 which was my slowest actual roadway 13.1 pace but good for training. Decided to skip homecoming cause terrible rain in Clemson all Saturday (lulz) so hit up Carowinds which was terrible. Back home for steaks on the grill and watch the LSU v. Allbarn and Clemson games. Zero booze, partially on purpose, partially cause my nerves didn't need it.

Sunday Church, lunch, home with boys while wife took daughter shopping for that elusive dress to wear to wedding. LUckily she went to the rich part of Charlotte and found something immediately. She wont tell me how much it was, just that it was 30% off so I assume that it was very overpriced. Cooked turkey meatballs and ate that for dinner. Decent weekend even though we skipped Clemson game.

Accidentally slept in this morning for a few, got up at 5:20. Gotta be up by like 3:45 tomorrow morning for the ACEC/NCDOT conference in Brahleigh. Gross.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good to middlin'

Oct 28, 2019, 11:25 AM

Friday night - had pizzas from Sam's for dinner. Drank all my vodka and got pretty buzzed. Wife of went to bed early and I stayed up to watch Glass. Liked it alright.

Sat got up and made some breakfast for kids. Ran a few errands. Fixed a sprinkler head. Installed some plumbing under the half bath sink. Fixed the sink in the girls bathroom. Took son of to engineering competition and bought more vodka, bourbon and beer for game. Both older girls went with frands to movies and oldest boy was still at the engineering competition so just made some nachos for dinner. Watched Clemson destroy BC until 9:30 and then went to get son of from comp. Got home and drank a fair amount of bourbon while girls and girls friends ate all the rest of the food in the house. Fell asleep on love seat and wife got me up at 5 to come to bed.

Sunday - slept until 8, fooled around with wife and then slept until 10:30. Too many kids in the house to go to church. Made a big breakfast for children and their freeloading friends. Wife of and I put the baby down for a nap and went grocery shopping. Stopped at Craft beer place for a beer or three. Shopped. Took two youngest to trunk or treat. Home. Dinner, drinks, bed, fool around. sleep.

8/10 -

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Baseball games sucked :(***

Oct 28, 2019, 2:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel real good about standing Celtic and FatherG up.

Oct 28, 2019, 4:20 PM

I have spent my life trying to keep my word. I have also tried to be a good father. Both went out the door Saturday. I did not complete the work I promised to my son and I did not meatup with Celtic and FatherG.

I needed this confession to clean my soul.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Missed you - there will be another time for sure.***

Oct 28, 2019, 8:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, the Tigers won, the coots lost but I didn't die.

Oct 28, 2019, 4:23 PM

Late to the party today cuz doctors appointments in G-Vegas...

Nada on Friday, actually didn't feel well and skiped an invite to the PSHOB

Sattidy - hit a frat bros tailgate for Frogmore Stew. Drank some, not much. Made it home for the game.

Sunday - Woke up to find the boat had been untied from its cleats and the lift lowered only to float to the beach next door. Retrieved & re-secured. We thought it was the storm since no vandalism or signs of foul play. Wicked winds about 4am or so...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic