Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mark Packer said we are the worst team in the ACC so far
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Mark Packer said we are the worst team in the ACC so far

Dec 17, 2019, 11:20 AM

in basketball this morning on the ACC Network. That stung a little bit to know that our new network was putting that out to the masses.

For those of you who have watched us a lot so far this year, as well as the other ACC teams perhaps, is that accurate?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mark Packer said we are the worst team in the ACC so far

Dec 17, 2019, 11:22 AM

A blind man can see it.

What's our identity in basketball? I guessing its to have a bad shooting team that can't play defense but hopes for good things to happen. That brand really isn't working.

The only thing I've learned is that Europeans must be really bad at basketball.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they fooled me, I thought after the Vegas tournament

Dec 17, 2019, 11:42 AM

we werent great, but werent terrible maybe a NIT team. They looked like they had found some mojo and actually figured some stuff out offensively. They started to drive and slash, get some confidence. Had guys start to move without the ball. Things were looking up for the future. Since then however, they have regressed. Offense is back to players being stagnant and quick shots from 3 that one could get at anytime during the shot clock. Turnovers are rampant. Surprisingly, the defense is even heading backward. At this point, this team will not even be on the NIT bubble if things dont turn around quickly.

Again, this is just my thoughts on actual game play. You can offer up any excuses as to why in a separate post, but the black and white picture is we have a lot of improvement needed to not finish in the cellar.

Dec 17, 2019, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Mark Packer said we are the worst team in the ACC so far ]

Clemson has an basketball identity: We are a football school.

So we are back to our historical norm.

That being said, this is what a young team does. Goes out and plays well and then cruds the bed. It is a rough year but we will see where we land. Likely 6-12 or something bad but oh well. I will still be in LJ this weekend.

Dec 17, 2019, 1:21 PM

CAN NOT BE 6-12. WE PLAY 20 GAMES THIS YEAR.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2019, 9:35 PM

Florida was a football school until they won 2 NC

Florida St was a football school until they won the ACC and made the dance consistently.

Ohio St is a football school and they were ranked #1

Bruce has Auburn excited about BBall and winning in the Top 10.

unfortunately Yes, we are really bad

Dec 17, 2019, 11:25 AM

Not playing well in really aspect of the game. You can point to excuses and that can be discussed separately since that wasnt the question posted.

The post was simply are we bad yeas or no, and the answer is yeas we are bad.

lets try that again as my typing was way off

Dec 17, 2019, 11:26 AM

Not playing well in really any aspect of the game. You can point to excuses and that can be discussed separately since that wasnt the question posted.

The post was simply are we bad yes or no, and the answer is yes. We are bad.

Re: lets try that again as my typing was way off

Dec 17, 2019, 11:35 AM

Terrible might be more accurate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: lets try that again as my typing was way off

Dec 17, 2019, 11:49 AM [ in reply to lets try that again as my typing was way off ]

WE ARE INDEED PLAYING BAD, NO DOUBT. HOWEVER IT WAS NOT LONG AGO THAT WE WERE 5-1, HAD A NICE LEAD AGAINST A VERY GOOD COLORADO TEAM BUT COULD NOT HOLD ON. CHASE HUNTER MISSED 4 GAMES, ALL LOSSES, HEMMINGWAY HAS BEEN OUT, WHITE KID FROM INDIANA THAT CAN SHOOT. THAT SURE HAS NOT HELPED. BAEHRE IS BACK BUT HAS YET TO TAKE BUT ONE SHOT. IT WILL TAKE TIME TO KNOCK THE RUST OFF. TRAPP WILL BE BACK SOON. FOR WHATEVER REASON WE LOST ALL CONFIDENCE THAT WE NEED TO GET BACK. JACKSONVILLE COMING UP HOPEFULLY WILL HELP THEN PLAY A GOOD YALE TEAM. NO EXCUSES WE SUCK RIGHT NOW BUT THERE ARE MORE THAN 1 REASON. HOPEFULLY WE PLAY BETTER AT SOME POINT

WELL SAID

Dec 17, 2019, 11:52 AM

;)

All those injuries and missed games are unfortunate, but

Dec 17, 2019, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: lets try that again as my typing was way off ]

that is EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. It’s like Brownell is snake it with that stuff. We have to go in a different direction because that’s been the case ever since he got here. Is strength and conditioning the reason? Is it the scheme we run? I don’t know, but it ruins us every year. Now it’s to the point where we can’t even sell a bright future to recruits.

A lot of the problem is that we cannot sell a bright future

Dec 17, 2019, 1:03 PM

to current players on the roster either. We seem to have mass exodus of players each year as well. I know that transferring in basketball is now a "thing" but kids leaving Clemson are even ones that could be starters or big contributors in following years but transfer anyway. That alone should tell us quite a lot about how the players themselves view the program.

Re: All those injuries and missed games are unfortunate, but

Dec 17, 2019, 1:06 PM [ in reply to All those injuries and missed games are unfortunate, but ]

TigersTeeth

All those injuries and missed games are unfortunate, but
Posted: Dec 17, 2019 12:18 PM

that is EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. It’s like Brownell is snake it with that stuff. We have to go in a different direction because that’s been the case ever since he got here. Is strength and conditioning the reason? Is it the scheme we run? I don’t know, but it ruins us every year. Now it’s to the point where we can’t even sell a bright future to recruits.

UH WE JUST SIGNED 2 4 STARS AND DAWES AND HUNTER WERE FAIRLY HIGHLY THOUGHT OF.

Re: All those injuries and missed games are unfortunate, but

Dec 17, 2019, 1:10 PM [ in reply to All those injuries and missed games are unfortunate, but ]

NOW DO NOT GET ME WRONG. IF THERE IS NO IMPROVEMENT FROM THESE GUYS BY THE END OF THE YEAR I WILL BE YELLING WITH THE REST OF YOU. MIGHT EVEN GO TO LOWER CASE.

Then how would I be able to read the posts. I actually

Dec 17, 2019, 1:20 PM

like all caps. lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2019, 11:38 AM

It’s dead on. I defended BB longer than most. I’ve watched nearly every game while he’s been year. I can’t watch this team anymore. There is zero confidence on offense. We have guys that can be decent offensive players, but BB does not instill confidence in anyone on that side of the ball. Watch our players after they miss a shot. They’re looking over to the bench expecting to get yanked. You can’t play like that, especially with an offensive game plan that sets up NO open shots. I realize we’re playing depleted and with a lot of transfers, but I was thinking back through his tenure and I can count on one hand the number of players that looked comfortable taking a shot in BB’s offense.

I have noticed that as well.

Dec 17, 2019, 11:47 AM

We seem to reflect a lack of confidence. Listening to the post game press conference after the South Carolina game, my impression was that his public criticisms and "naming of names" were not conducive to building the confidence of what he refers to as "a young team."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2019, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Mark Packer said we are the worst team in the ACC so far ]

I'm right there with you. I like Brad and think he is a great guy, but he just can't get over the hump. Last year we underachieved with what should have been an excellent team. This year we just have no identity. In the Scar game I think we took something like 32 3 point shots and made 9. Scar too 18 and made 8. Our FG percentage was 28%. Scar's FG percentage was almost 50%. We took only 18 2 point shots and made 5. That is not winning basketball. I don't see Brad being able to turn it around although I sure hope he can make us competitive in a few games.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BB micromanages every offensive possession

Dec 17, 2019, 9:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Mark Packer said we are the worst team in the ACC so far ]

Go to any game, or watch any game on TV, and you can hear BB barking out orders on EVERY PASS the entire shot clock. Been that way for years now. No way can you have confidence in what you’re doing with that going on.

Re: BB micromanages every offensive possession

Dec 17, 2019, 10:17 PM

I concur.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2019, 11:41 AM

Clemson basketball sucks. It’s been bad a lot more often than good for the past 10 freaking years, yet Brownell is always given a pass. CU would not tolerate this in football, baseball, soccer, or any other sport. Yet, here we are....

It's hardly a surprise.

Dec 17, 2019, 11:48 AM

We knew with only 1 starter returning it was going to be a tough year. I didn't think it would be THIS tough though.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Dec 17, 2019, 11:51 AM

Yes, Packer nailed it.......

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Dec 17, 2019, 12:01 PM

Our "identity" is that opponents always have a career day against us. We are record setting!

I feel bad for people who spend time watching Clemson basketball

Dec 17, 2019, 12:52 PM

Became a waste to watch long ago. So many other productive things to do then set your self up for certain disappointment over and over again.

Dec 17, 2019, 12:54 PM

Fire Brownell

Dec 17, 2019, 12:59 PM

Need to see if he'll email tomorrow's lottery numbers. Unreal insight.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

At times we are miserable. They can get better

Dec 17, 2019, 1:01 PM

We have some talent, but we have not played well

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2019, 1:04 PM

That is being kind.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2019, 1:05 PM

I was watching this morning as well. There’s no excuse for our basketball team to be the worst in the league. We had talent last year and underachieved. This year the talent isn’t there and we certainly aren’t winning by out coaching teams. We need a change.

Sometimes they look really good...

Dec 17, 2019, 1:24 PM

Other times, and much more frequently, not so much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

is he wrong?

Dec 17, 2019, 1:56 PM

boo hoo! They're not just blowing smoke up our butts all the time, wahhhhhhh!

Dec 17, 2019, 6:54 PM

The team is going to improve and Packer looks like the butcher down at the Harris Teeter. Moore, Trapp and Baehre will contribute more each week. Dawes is one of the best freshmen to come to Clemson. Simms had his best game against SCAR. Frustration and criticism is warranted, but Brownell's team will improve and be GOOD by the NIT. They need to watch lots of Wofford film.

You sure he didn't say "BY far?"***

Dec 17, 2019, 8:47 PM

Dec 17, 2019, 8:57 PM

I sat on the second row on Sunday v. U of SC. Kids played hard on defense, but team has no identity right now. Coach BB substituted randomly and no flow established by any lineup. Have been season ticket holder for 20 years and only recognized Simms and Tyson from last year's team. Long way to go.

Dec 17, 2019, 10:19 PM

Did he say we are going to kick Ohio State asss in football?

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic