Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question about the metel detectors and knives
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Question about the metel detectors and knives

Aug 23, 2018, 1:26 PM

Are they going to be as strict as some places I have been where a 2" Swiss army knife (actually a fake one that the knife blade was useless but the scissors worked) was not allowed? They even allowed me to take it on a plane but I thought I was going to be locked up at the Florence Courthouse for having it. I was finally allowed to take it back to my car. I know it is a judgement call but I carry a small pocket knife with me everywhere and it would be my luck to forget to leave it in the car. I would hate to have to walk all the way back to who knows where or choose to have it confiscated. I do not consider it a weapon as I would certainly try to run before trying to use it even in a fight and only use it as a last resort. I really think that there should be some kind of allowance for a gentleman's pocket knife with a blade of less than some length.

I don't know of any reason one would need to carry a Bowie or Survival type knife in and I suspect than anyone who does try to get a knife like that into the stadium is not going to try to sneak it through the metal detectors.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you leave it to the discretion of the morons running the

Aug 23, 2018, 1:28 PM

detectors, you are going to lose it

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you leave it to the discretion of the morons running the

Aug 23, 2018, 1:29 PM

You sly dog. You didn’t tell us you got hired to work the metal detectors.

Congrats!

just thinking about all the pocketknives I'm going to keep..

Aug 23, 2018, 3:09 PM

HERO

Re: just thinking about all the pocketknives I'm going to keep..

Aug 23, 2018, 4:16 PM

Won’t help Lot 1 footballs one bit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

truth hurt your feewings?***

Aug 23, 2018, 3:08 PM [ in reply to If you leave it to the discretion of the morons running the ]

If they catch you trying to enter with metel

Aug 23, 2018, 1:30 PM

then you should surely expect it to be confiscated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metel

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: If they catch you trying to enter with metel

Aug 23, 2018, 1:41 PM

If i ever win the Tiger Net steak knifes can't i just pick them up in the stadium from T-Net.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I failed English 101 because I could not spell.

Aug 23, 2018, 1:53 PM [ in reply to If they catch you trying to enter with metel ]

True story, back in the dark ages (It may still be a requirement) to pass English 101 you had to take a spelling test of 100 commonly misspelled words and make 85. You were given three chances and the third chance was after the final exam. On the second Monday of final exams I took my exam for English 101 and then the spelling test. I made an 84 on it so rather than a 'C' for the course I received an 'F'. Back then 'F's' were not erasable and took me awhile to make up for that 'F'. Later found out that I have a learning disability and with the ADA I should not have been required to take the test. I took enough Physics and Engineering courses to get my GPA high enough to graduate. As long as I stayed away from any of the Liberal Arts courses I was fine. That old red brick building with the weird professors almost kept me from graduating. Engineers should not have to contaminate themselves with sociology and psychology courses.

About this spelling test...

Aug 23, 2018, 2:16 PM

of 100 commonly misspelled words... was "metal" one of the words?

You seem to be doing okay. Many people have trouble spelling misspell.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: Question about the metel detectors and knives

Aug 23, 2018, 1:39 PM

The CUPD gonna be engineering the security on these new implementations ?

#FifeLife

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

What could possibly go wrong?***

Aug 23, 2018, 3:10 PM

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic