Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just got a cold call from the local FOP
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 793

Just got a cold call from the local FOP

Feb 18, 2021, 11:15 AM

He told me his name upfront so I listened to his spiel. He said, "As you know our police are being defunded and disrespected and we already have one of the most dangerous jobs in the country, further putting our officer's lives are risk."

so I said, "That sounds terrible," and before I could say hold, please continue., he said, "Oh, yeah?. and hung up on me." I could tell the guy had a 5th-grade vocabulary and felt bad, so I wanted to continue our conversation so he would not go away mad.

You know if the police want to form better relations from the community, they probably should not call me at work out of the blue asking for money and playing the victim, then abruptly hang up when I flash the slightest amount of sarcasm. It just reinforces us vs them mentality and does them more harm.

Really all wanted to do was to dispute his claim that they have one of the most dangerous jobs in the country, which they do not. But again, he hung up before I could correct his falsehood.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They've cranked up the spam calls recently and somehow

Feb 18, 2021, 11:17 AM

got my Google Voice number, so it's easy to just ignore the call because it's coming from GV; however, it's like 4 a day right now.

Also got that Social Security fraud one again, didn't get the "#### you ############", he just hung up on me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: They've cranked up the spam calls recently and somehow

Feb 18, 2021, 11:19 AM

Now I know how our project coordinator feels, she takes most of the calls around here but is taking a long weekend.

I got one on my cell phone a week ago telling me that tax fraud had been committed against me and to hold for a united states treasury police investigator, lol.

not a real cop, contracted out***

Feb 18, 2021, 11:22 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Re: not a real cop, contracted out***

Feb 18, 2021, 11:25 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: not a real cop, contracted out***

Feb 18, 2021, 12:02 PM [ in reply to not a real cop, contracted out*** ]

OK wizard. I think most of us are aware that actual police don't get on the phone. The point is they can leave the scare tactics and rhetoric at the door and talk to me like an adult. Once he realized I was not some tarded boomer who was going to eat his line of crap, he hung up.

The police are the foot soldiers for the corrupt politicians

Feb 18, 2021, 11:24 AM

so it's really a shame that conservatives hold them in such high regard. Without them, the politicians would have to kiss our a**es.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fave Oatthews Pand?***

Feb 18, 2021, 11:27 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I don't want FOP

Feb 18, 2021, 11:42 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

LOL, you guys are so stuck on your personal politics

Feb 18, 2021, 12:05 PM

that you don't realize that a lousy $20 to the local FOP gets you a donor sticker for the back of your car that pretty much gets you a warning for any moving violation short of hit and run.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now you tell me...***

Feb 18, 2021, 12:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL, you guys are so stuck on your personal politics

Feb 18, 2021, 12:42 PM [ in reply to LOL, you guys are so stuck on your personal politics ]

Yeah, I would do that too if I were black. I have been pulled over once in 20 years;, but I did employ that tactic when I first graduated from college and had to spend 2 years in Columbus GA. They were not too fond of the long hairs back then and I quickly found myself washing city buses as a part of my community service.

Are you OK ?***

Feb 18, 2021, 2:23 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 793
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic