Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don’t understand why the coots are upset with muschamp.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

I don’t understand why the coots are upset with muschamp.

Sep 27, 2019, 8:11 AM

Sure, he’s an awful coach but that’s hardly breaking news. He’s always been awful.

In fact, every year the coots always root for Bama more than their own team because their own team is so sorry and this year won’t be any different. They can continue to ride the coattails of Bama and cling to conference pride while continuing to be the bottom rung on the ladder.

Muschamp is just continuing their tradition of losing. Why do they decide to get bent out of shape about it now?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don’t understand why the coots are upset with muschamp.

Sep 27, 2019, 8:22 AM

I am also unable to fathom the genesis of their displeasure. As opposed to multiple other SCAR college lamecock head football coaches, he actually has a winning record.---Granted the victories are against unranked teams; but, they are victories nonetheless! They should be appreciative of all of his efforts. If he goes 4-8 this year, that is "only" a million per victory. Now, that is a great deal for them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perhaps if you recall one of the definitions of insanity

Sep 27, 2019, 8:27 AM

It will all make sense for you.

hth?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Sep 27, 2019, 8:35 AM

Actually, he is not a BAD coach. He is really a good coach at a horrifically bad school. So only being bad/meh make him a top choice at the Coots.

I will make it this case: Muscoot is better than Pell based on his record at UF and Pell was.... Pell. W/L, Muscoot was really close to Morrison's success W/L but Morrison never had to contend with two NC contenders except maybe the 88 season if you would have considered jawja/fsu to be in that boat.

Finally, I like the talk about Meyer for the coots. The problem being is that Spurrier was BETTER than Meyer at Florida. Higher w% significantly higher conference w% and more conference titles. So if Spurrier was peaking as a 10-11 win team, then Meyer would peak at about a 9-10 win team, no titles, nuttin. Basically this would be Muscoots same Ceiling.

Sep 27, 2019, 9:44 AM

Check Charley's record after the 1st year .

Sep 27, 2019, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Re: I don’t understand why the coots are upset with muschamp. ]

Ok. Then what happened down there in Florida if he is a good coach?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Ga Southern beat Florida with Zero passing yards

Sep 27, 2019, 10:37 AM

and Ga Southern had two turnovers to Florida's zero.

Florida fired him.

Muschamp was 5 Florida coaches ago (including 2 interim). Now they appear to have a winner. They don't wait around.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2019, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: I don’t understand why the coots are upset with muschamp. ]

Well, good isn't good enough right? You can be good and not be successful. See Cutcliffe... or even Tommy. Also look at Florida schools in general... they are all failing for the most part. Muscoot followed Urban which is like following Jimbo but muscoot had to sell uf when the Saban and Jimbo peaks happened. . Rotten locker-room and he lost it. There was issues and he had to absorb them but.... he lost both the spoiled booster base and the locker room. He beat a top 10 FSU

Still, Will Muschamps worst issue - identifying good - or living OCs. Every one he picks is a dude, from Pease to Roper to McClendon. Basically, if Muscoot taps you to be a OC, you next stop will be as special teams coach position at a Wyoming community college... and not a good one either.

Funny thing is, he might not be bad as a "lesser-tier' ACC/PAC 12 coach. Put him at a Louisville, UNC even a VT (if he wasn't a prick) and he would be fine (aka 8 wins, a bowl, and a happy basketball school). He can recruit enough to out muscle the bottom but he can't do that at SC because they are the bottom.

They knew or should have known...

Sep 27, 2019, 8:36 AM

exactly what they were getting when they hired him.

Acting surprised now just makes them look even more ignorant and deluded.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

A lot of their fans did know.

Sep 27, 2019, 11:39 AM

He was probably their 5th or 6th choice. Remember, nobody else even wanted that job, for obvious reasons - historical futility, talent being depleted after Spurrier stopped recruiting, having to recruit against Dabo Swinney & Kirby Smart, all while Spurrier had raised the expectations of the fan base sky-high during their '10-'13 run of success.
For the 1st 2 1/2 seasons most of the sceptics kept quiet, out of loyalty to the team & not wanting to poison everything with negativity from the start. And then, 9 wins in year 2 is quite a feat compared to their past. But that clunker vs UVa in the Belk Bowl, the loss to UNC & now the ugly loss to Missouri to start the season has caused the disquiet to reach a critical mass. True, there was always a contingent of believers, but my sense is that they were always in the minority, & even a lot of them have now turned.

Actually, ignorant and deluded describe their fan base to a t. ??***

Sep 27, 2019, 4:29 PM [ in reply to They knew or should have known... ]

Sep 27, 2019, 8:38 AM

Exactly.

It's not unusual. In fact, last weekend one of my non-college football fan friends told me how another friend (a gamecock) told him that "Clemson doesn't play anybody".

Their fans never have anything truly positive to say, unless they're lying. Instead, they waste their time worrying and whining about everybody else's championships.

Business as usual for the coots.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2019, 8:39 AM

Because we are so good. If we weren’t good they would be fine.

Sep 27, 2019, 8:46 AM

That really doesn't explain it because we've always been better than them.

It's simply in their nature to be ignorant college football fans. That's why they're so upset. If they realized that they're on the same level as Vanderbilt (apologies to Vandy) they might see the light.

Their complete irrational ignorance is why they keep making the same mistakes, which results in their "rage" and "confusion".

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2019, 8:43 AM

I really don't think they are mad at muschamp( or chump, or muscoot,)But rather more upset with how things have turned out with a former wide receiver coach who now has two National Championships

Yeah the only surprising thing about Muschamp's tenure

Sep 27, 2019, 8:46 AM

is that he managed to win 9 games in 2017. But they were 6-1 in 1-score games that year which generally is not sustainable. I believe both his 2016 and 2017 teams outperformed their win expectancy by over 1 game (basically means they got lucky). How different would SC fans feels if they went 5-7 and missed a bowl in 2016 and then 8-5 in 2017? Knowing that crew, probably not too much - they probably still would've been crowing about cycling in and cycling out after going 8-5.

Anyway, I think Muschamp got their hopes up with the "great improvement" he made in the 1st two seasons which was a bit of a mirage, and now USC fans are getting the real Muschamp experience.

Remember, Clemson was scared about Muschump's progress

Sep 27, 2019, 10:03 AM

and they were cycling in and we were cycling out!! Todd usually sounds like a imbecile but in this case he left no DOUBT!! Go Tigers!

Message was edited by: Orange®

Re: Remember, Clemson was scared about Muschump's progress

Sep 27, 2019, 7:35 PM

Speaking of cycling in and out. Did anyone ever figure out where Todd Ellis came up with that Idea? Does he simply not know any more about college football than that?

You'd think Moosecramp's record at Florida was not public...

Sep 27, 2019, 9:55 AM

...knowledge. Only way to explain it but I'm sure it was in all the papers, websites and eSECpn before they hired him. Coots can't read or comprehend?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2019, 11:52 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Sep 27, 2019, 2:23 PM

Agreed. They hired a guy with more downside than up, and he’s only doing what the coots have always done outside of a very short, 5 year window. This should feel like home to them.....

Just my 0.02

Sep 27, 2019, 5:04 PM

Just curious; what kind of assistant coach was he under Brown and Sabin?

He was an okay coordinator but has stunk so bad as a head coach

Sep 27, 2019, 8:05 PM

calling the shots at Florida and sc that I bet he’ll never be able to get another head coaching job ever again.

Wasn't he their 126th choice?

Sep 27, 2019, 8:02 PM

What do you expect when you can't land anyone in the top 100?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic