Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If the NCAA Tournament is canceled this year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

If the NCAA Tournament is canceled this year

Mar 10, 2020, 2:04 PM

what percentage of the regular posters here will use it to further criticize our program's lack of NCAA Tournament appearances under Brownell?

I'm guessing at least 50%.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Then Clemson wins the basketabll natty by default.

Mar 10, 2020, 2:06 PM

HTH

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Then Clemson wins the basketabll natty by default.

Mar 10, 2020, 2:22 PM

Technically you would be correct here.

As the reigning World Champions, we will continue to hold hour position on top until another team has been crowned.

If a national championship tournament was completed with someone else as the champion, then we would lose our throne.

The same can be said if another world championship tournament is held without us as the victor.

If no tournaments are held*, we maintain our reign.

*Conference tournaments have no bearing as they get held all the time and apparently don't matter for anything because those winners rarely ever get crowned national champion.*

P.S. I intend to have t shirts made in orange and purple with "Maintain the Reign" printed on the front with a large Tiger paw in the background and Brownell's face printed on the back. Clemson basketball will be written in tiny letters somewhere on the shirt (it's not important). This idea is dependent upon the NCAA tournament being cancelled. Phrase has already been copy-written so don't get any bright ideas fellas (or ladies)!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No one is criticizing "The Program"

Mar 10, 2020, 2:08 PM

They are criticizing the coach. Please do not be confused.

And the coach has not put us in position to make the NCAA's whether or not they are played.

Karen wants to speak with your manager, NOW!!!!***

Mar 10, 2020, 2:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: "The Program"

Mar 10, 2020, 2:13 PM [ in reply to No one is criticizing "The Program" ]

isnt good and the media guides are even worse. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what does cancelling a tournament we're not in have to do

Mar 10, 2020, 2:12 PM

with anything. Nice try, but there is no correlation between both. What criticism could you even offer? Brownell couldnt even make a cancelled tournament? Am I missing something.

They would criticize him for not making a tournament that didn’t happen

Mar 10, 2020, 6:47 PM

and which we weren’t technically eliminated from yet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: They would criticize him for not making a tournament that didn’t happen

Mar 11, 2020, 4:50 AM

~JKB

Fire CoV-19!!!! ***

Mar 10, 2020, 2:15 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If the NCAA Tournament is canceled

Mar 10, 2020, 2:18 PM

This is the NCAA's big moneymaker which they rule w an iron fist. It isnt going to be canceled. It may be played in empty arenas if there is some legislative action or we may grow a pair and continue as usual

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If the NCAA Tournament is canceled this year

Mar 10, 2020, 2:19 PM

More likely you’ll argue Brownell would have made the tournament had it not been canceled.

Are you suggesting that Brownell needs a worldwide pandemic

Mar 10, 2020, 2:20 PM

as an excuse for not making the tournament? That’s rich.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not a guy who calls for the firing of coaches

Mar 10, 2020, 2:22 PM

But I fail to see what point you are trying to make. Were we in the position to be in the tournament then certainly it being hypothetically cancelled wouldn't be a fodder for valid criticism of Brownell.

However, that simply isn't the case, so I fail to see your point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The point is that some people here go to great lengths to be critical

Mar 10, 2020, 6:53 PM

of Brownell, including criticizing him for not making a tournament that didn’t occur.

Come on man

Mar 11, 2020, 9:40 AM

Your argument would hold water if we were making the hypothetically cancelled tournament, and folks used it's being cancelled against him.

That isn't happening, so your logic fails to hold.

Now then if:
1) We win the ACC tournament.
2) The NCAA tournament is cancelled.
3) Folks use us not playing in the NCAA tournament in an argument against Brownell

*THEN* your argument would hold water.

But that critical step #1 hasn't happened yet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe include your "point" in the original OP next time.

Mar 11, 2020, 9:41 AM [ in reply to The point is that some people here go to great lengths to be critical ]

YWIA

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I think most people will be more disappointed in the NCAAT

Mar 10, 2020, 2:23 PM

being cancelled than Clemson not being in it. Probably complain about that more. As much as I hate to say this, I'm kind of used to Clemson not being in it. It is a lot more fun when Clemson fielded a team that was competitive and had a chance to get past the second round.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2020, 2:23 PM

Oh brother.....give it a rest Judge....CBB does not need any help given his results (or lack thereof) in the big dance.....or the little dance for that matter.....Go Tigers!!!!

Won’t bother me any. Just hope we have a great showing in the NIT.***

Mar 10, 2020, 2:37 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2020, 2:48 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2020, 3:05 PM

Can you not get it through your thick head brownell sucks?

The play call at end of game Friday night was most pee wee coaching job ever!

Fire him after Wednesday’s loss to Miami

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The full court pass to Simms who tipped it to Mack?

Mar 10, 2020, 3:13 PM

I thought it was pretty brilliant with less than 3 seconds left or whatever the time was.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

yeah that was a good play that got a good shot

Mar 10, 2020, 3:20 PM

I was more disappointed in the play before where Mack took the 3

I don't think there's any way that Mack ran the play

Mar 10, 2020, 3:24 PM

that was drawn up. I'm guessing something went wrong on the inbound pass, forcing a pass to Mack in the corner, then he dribbled up higher, called off a screen, didn't look for any movement towards the basket or attempt to pass the ball and threw up a contested shot. No way that was the play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

No way.***

Mar 10, 2020, 3:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Probably not as many as your ilk that we'll claim we would

Mar 10, 2020, 3:26 PM

have gone if we had one.

You can’t be serious.***

Mar 10, 2020, 3:29 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they still would have had to qualify for there to be a point***

Mar 10, 2020, 3:31 PM

Hey...

Mar 10, 2020, 4:24 PM

Re: Hey...

Mar 10, 2020, 4:35 PM

Jus' Sayin'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

glorious has a 10.85:1 upvote to post ratio

Mar 10, 2020, 6:41 PM [ in reply to Hey... ]

Is that the best on T-Net?

I'm not as good at as math as Karen, but

Mar 10, 2020, 7:21 PM

deadsolidperfect® gave freely.

RIpieces DSP

Mar 10, 2020, 7:42 PM

JK, you know I agree with you extremely often. Many fans are as melodramatic as middle school girls after a loss.

But you're stirring a pot that could realllllllly stink by this time tomorrow.

Even the cynical fans should have had no reason to think that our good play would be over and done for the year after Dawes' last-second lay-up vs FSU.

But two winnable losses later, we need to come up with the energy to stop Miami or many of us are going to feel like this season was a net negative, in spite of all the good things these kids accomplished.

I don't care about Thursday. If we win tomorrow I can feel positive about the year. But if we lose tomorrow, for whatever reason, we deserve to be considered a bottom-tier team in the ACC.

They wont cancel it

Mar 10, 2020, 8:15 PM

they'll just play in empty arenas. It will be like all games are at Littlejohn with our sorry fans

Mar 11, 2020, 9:48 AM

Cancelled ?????
For what reason ?????

Go Tigers............

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic