Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't think people realize how close we came to a dictator
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

I don't think people realize how close we came to a dictator

Jan 7, 2021, 1:50 PM

If both houses were controlled by Republicans (and of course no coup attempt), I firmly believe the electoral college votes would be been overturned during the objections subverting what our founding fathers set up and disenfranchising millions of voters.

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

We should stop and ask ourselves

Jan 7, 2021, 1:51 PM

what if Trump weren't a moron? I'm dead serious, he has laid the blueprint for how to take power in the US and never give it up.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can we PLEASE stop calling yesterday a coup attempt?

Jan 7, 2021, 1:52 PM

A couple hundred dudes in cosplay and a few elderly women never had a chance at overthrowing the government.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

an "attempt" doesn't infer anything about its possibility

Jan 7, 2021, 1:54 PM

for success.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looking at it this way refuses to accept reality though

Jan 7, 2021, 1:56 PM

I can attempt to go to the moon, but I don't know a thing about rocket science.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The OP said we were right there, which is what rulez was

Jan 7, 2021, 1:57 PM [ in reply to an "attempt" doesn't infer anything about its possibility ]

referring to, I think. I agree with rulez ... that wasn't even in the ballpark. An actual coup would take more than half our military to enforce the dismantling of three branches of govt. This wasn't even an attempt. One might as well claim that disrupting a board meeting was an attempt to take over IBM. And this was less than that.

That is not to minimize what it was. Maybe it was worse than many thing. But it wasn't a coup. Or even close.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To clarify "coup" was hyperbolic towards the rioters

Jan 7, 2021, 1:59 PM

the "close to dictator" part was referencing the objection process of the EC count in the light of both houses being controlled by MAGA Republicans

I like your funny words magic man

The list went from 70 to, what, 3, real quick?

Jan 7, 2021, 2:02 PM

These people are all full of #### and all talk until you ask them to turn their cards.

Jan 7, 2021, 2:02 PM

7!!!

For real.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I appreciate this***

Jan 7, 2021, 2:03 PM

I don't see that either. But as to wording ... understood.***

Jan 7, 2021, 2:05 PM [ in reply to To clarify "coup" was hyperbolic towards the rioters ]

It was an attempt by definition.

Jan 7, 2021, 2:07 PM [ in reply to The OP said we were right there, which is what rulez was ]

Those of you who actually know what happened yesterday was wrong are now trying to come up with euphemisms to downplay it.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Not downplaying it

Jan 7, 2021, 2:37 PM

It was terrible, awful, unnecessary, wrong in every shape of the word.

It just wasn't a coup.

Their goal was to change the results of an election

Jan 7, 2021, 2:42 PM

and install their leader instead. It's good that you condemn it, but it's 100% a coup. Just a really, really, really, really, really bad attempt at one.

From Merriam Webster:

Definition of coup d'état
: a sudden decisive exercise of force in politics
especially : the violent overthrow or alteration of an existing government by a small group

What was altered?

Jan 7, 2021, 2:56 PM

The election was certified.

You're right.

Jan 7, 2021, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Not downplaying it ]

It was a failed coup.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

If the people doing the storming think it was a revolution

Jan 7, 2021, 2:40 PM [ in reply to The OP said we were right there, which is what rulez was ]

does that matter?

No, we can't, because that's what it was.***

Jan 7, 2021, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Can we PLEASE stop calling yesterday a coup attempt? ]

Catahoula, I know you're resident fringe commie

Jan 7, 2021, 2:03 PM

But if you think yesterday was a coup, I have some Pappy Van Winkle 23 year to sell you.

Sweet, let me know where to Venmo you.

Jan 7, 2021, 2:06 PM

And son, you don't know jack about my political ideology or what being a commie is.

But as IU said, just because it wasn't successful doesn't mean it wasn't a coup. The intent was to stop the routine EC voting for a legitimate election and to occupy Congress by force. That's a coup.

A coup is defined simply as: a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government.

Don't call me son

Jan 7, 2021, 2:38 PM

You're no where near the level of man that my dad is, so you don't have that privilege.

Hey, son...

Jan 7, 2021, 2:46 PM

I hope he taught you "Don't start none, won't be none." You want to come out calling me a Commie and slinging poo around, don't get whiny when it comes back at you.

If you want to have good discussion and debate, let's do it. If you want throw insults, I'm down for that too. Your call.

Also, you've never had a glass of Pappy or straight bourbon. I'd put money on it. And if you think you're a conservative because you voted Trump and that I'm a Commie because I despise what he stands for, you have a lot to learn about political ideology.

Re: Hey, son...

Jan 7, 2021, 2:51 PM

I don't know whether or not Crulez has had Pappy, but

Jan 7, 2021, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Hey, son... ]

I'd wager he has.

I've seen him personally down fine and not so fine bourbon straight out of the bottle, as well as in the proper glassware.

He's a troublemaker, but I love the guy. If I may, I think when he called you a "commie" he really meant whiny liberal b1tch. And that's no reflection on YOU as a person, but merely your tigernet persona.

Hope that helps.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Cool.

Jan 7, 2021, 3:14 PM

That's good to know the kids can drink.

And if you think I'm liberal, you're just as ignorant as he is. But feel free to list my political ideology and prove me wrong.

I know. It's easy to just label someone "liberal" when you don't understand the politics of why you voted for Trump or what he actually stands for. Only about half the people here actually understand liberal vs. conservative.

Sorry I ruffled his panties by calling him son, and yours by making fun of your buddy.

When y'all are ready for real discussions, have at it.

From my casual browsings in here I thought you were liberal

Jan 7, 2021, 3:31 PM

If you're not, then good. You don't occupy enough of my bandwidth for me to really dig in and analyze your beliefs. For all I know you're actually Tom Cotton, who likes to troll message boards...

You're right, calling someone liberal is lazy.

I understand exactly why I voted for Trump. Biden's proposal to eliminate basis step-ups for inherited assets and reducing the lifetime exemption stand to cost me and my family millions of dollars. Trump's stance on this single policy helped me greatly. There are other things that I like Trump for, and things that I don't like about Trump, but this singular issue "trumps" all others for me.

I doubt you ruffled Crulez's panties. He just likes to argue. I certainly wasn't ruffled. Sometimes I hate him as well.

I don't want a real discussion. Just silly back and forth stuff. Mostly d1ck and fart jokes.

Take care man, I wish you the best.

Re: From my casual browsings in here I thought you were liberal

Jan 7, 2021, 3:38 PM

Cheers to that, and sorry if I too assumed too much about your ideology as well. I have some real raging leftist friends in some circles, and I tend to #### them off a lot. Usually over guns.

For the record, I don't take issue with someone who looked at both candidates and decided Trump was the lesser of two evils (in either election). I despise the raging idiots who think he's the second coming of Christ and want him to be ruler for life. Like a T3.

And although I don't show it here, I'm afraid I'm also a connoisseur of wiener and fart jokes. Unfortunately, my wife knows all too well.

Anyway, whatever. All this bull #### from yesterday has made everyone testy. Pour a glass, rip a fart, Go Tigers, #### Ohio State, and #### all this #### from yesterday.

my man

Jan 7, 2021, 3:43 PM

(between you and me, crulez is a whiny b1tch and I hate him) don't tell him though.

bourbon sucks

Jan 7, 2021, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Hey, son... ]

long live vodka

you two get a room

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

One day we will.

Jan 7, 2021, 3:12 PM

Once Crulez grows weary of banging his fire-hot wife and wants to branch out and let his freak flag fly.

I'm a patient man, so I'll give him a few years.

Hollar at me, boo!

well, I accept that response

Jan 7, 2021, 3:19 PM

but was wanting Cata and Crulez to get a room

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Cata can come too!

Jan 7, 2021, 3:32 PM

When we start breaking out the dillydoes and vegetable oil, we'll see how liberal he really is!

Re: Cata can come too!

Jan 7, 2021, 3:39 PM

If getting down with those items makes one liberal, you just call me AOC.

Re: Catahoula, I know you're resident fringe commie

Jan 7, 2021, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Catahoula, I know you're resident fringe commie ]

If I go all bat-shite crazy, will you sell the Pappy to me? Some things are worth ###...this might be one! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish I had a Pappy to sell

Jan 7, 2021, 3:19 PM

I can help you out with some Wild Turkey 101 though

Makes one appreciate the 2018 mid-term elections

Jan 7, 2021, 1:52 PM

all the more.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tim Scott basically said the opposite in his statement.

Jan 7, 2021, 2:10 PM

Since Democrats won the House, the plan won't work. He'd be all in if they hadn't.

“As I read the Constitution, there is no constitutionally viable means for the Congress to overturn an election wherein the states have certified and sent their Electors. Some of my colleagues believe they have found a path, and while our opinions differ, I do not doubt their good intentions to take steps towards stamping out voter fraud. Importantly, I disagree with their method both in principle and in practice. For their theory to work, Nancy Pelosi and House Democrats would have to elect Donald Trump president rather than Joe Biden. That is not going to happen, not today or any other day."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure I follow. If Congress had forced the election to

Jan 7, 2021, 2:30 PM

the House it would have gone for Trump as the Constitution provides each state's congressional delegation 1 vote each, and Pubs lead Dems 26-24 in that number. If Dems hadn't taken the House in 2018 and held in 2020, it would have had the votes to uphold the objections. Granted there were many Pub votes against, but I put that more on the knowledge that Dems having a House majority ensured defeat. If defeat was not ensured, I don't doubt we could have seen a different type of proceeding.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't either. I agree with you 100% Tim Scott, by my

Jan 7, 2021, 2:36 PM

reading, did not appreciate the outcome of the 2018 mid-term elections like you and I did.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FB, gotta give it to you

Jan 7, 2021, 1:58 PM

You never fail with the stupidity ;)

That's quite a leap.

Jan 7, 2021, 2:04 PM

Also - I doubt any of those stupid rednecks (of whom more than one should have been shot) can even spell "cooh" (I mean - "coup")

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think people realize how close we came to a dictator

Jan 7, 2021, 2:05 PM

They are the same ignorant moronic personality type that fell for Hitler and Mussolini. They are just naive idiots.

Let's play it out in our minds

Jan 7, 2021, 2:06 PM

Congress overturns the votes
People take to the streets to protest
What is the police response to these protests compared to their inaction on the capitol steps?

Very dramatic post ... Bravo***

Jan 7, 2021, 2:25 PM

Re: Very dramatic post ... Bravo***

If the scenario he described happened, you would be here championing it.

you guys sound like a bunch of women at the beauty shop

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You also...

Jan 7, 2021, 2:35 PM

Would be cheering on the scenario he described if it played out. You were already advocating the Supreme Court overturn the results.

You Trumpies want to pretend he's overdramatic, but you'd be all in on this if it happened.

Not sure how you can say that....

Jan 7, 2021, 2:41 PM

Mitch McConnell would have never supported that.

If Paul Ryan was still Speaker, he dang sure wouldn't have.

Re: Not sure how you can say that....

Jan 7, 2021, 2:48 PM

Part of me wants to believe McConnell wouldn't because underneath this turtle shell, I still think he believes in our democracy. On the other hand, he loves power and control, and in his mind, he might go along with that just to ensure his power.

I think he believes he's smarter (and he is) than Trump and that the man could just be a slight inconvenience (I'm talking in the alternate universe the OP described, not the world that just happened this week).

dicktater

Jan 7, 2021, 3:02 PM

"subverting what our founding fathers set up and disenfranchising millions of voters"

I think that ship has sailed...

Jan 7, 2021, 3:12 PM

What happened yesterday was reprehensible. Period. However, no where close to a majority of senators on the GOP side ever supported the objection to the Electors. If this was a coup attempt, note to coup organizers, it helps to have guns. It also is useful to have a majority of the military on board.

None of those things was true yesterday.

This was a terrible day for the country, but we were not close to having a dictator in power even if Trump thought somehow, some way he was going to stay in office.

I do not share your views that if the GOP controlled both houses of Congress that they would have overturned the election.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

According to the progs we had one for four years.***

Jan 7, 2021, 3:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic