Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thinking out loud here about numbers and scholarships?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,202

Thinking out loud here about numbers and scholarships?

Nov 12, 2020, 12:45 PM

We all know the NCAA basically said this year is a free redshirt for everyone. Anyone who is eligible to graduate or leave can come back next season in the same spot as this year. That got me thinking, while it seems like a boon for some, is it really. We see the dollar crunch that many of these schools are under and even with recruiting costs being negligible due to the dead period basically being all year. Scholarships, housing, food and all the other perks costs money. How many schools can actually afford to have 110 players on full rides? we are seeing many sports being cut at many schools, Clemson included. I feel we will see some of the schools actually shut down all sports for lack of revenue, after all they are a institution of higher learning(cough, cough, choke, gag, ahem)!

So my question is, do many of the schools tell the seniors, those that have graduated, and those that have already redshirted to move on, find another school, try to turn pro or basically leave because we have to bring in 25 freshmen to keep the program growing and stable,in reality a thanks but don't let the door hit you in the behind!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thinking out loud here about numbers and scholarships?

Nov 12, 2020, 1:42 PM

I think with anything it will come down to need. If you have a guy who is just on the roster but will never really contribute I would think the writing would be on the wall that they would be gone. Wasnt it Wisconsin that came out and said they weren't honoring the extra year for any of their winter sports players?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think it will be as bad as you think.

Nov 12, 2020, 1:48 PM

People bound for nfl draft will leave no matter what. Those are the ones you want to keep.

The ones who have it 4 years will simply not have their scholie renewed. They will want to bolt anyway to try to make money somewhere else.

I only think it will very bad if the NCAA lets kids back in after they declare and don't get drafted like they did for the opt outs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,202
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic