Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't see how we have a season if they are going to cancel games over 2 weeks out because
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

I don't see how we have a season if they are going to cancel games over 2 weeks out because

Aug 26, 2020, 4:14 PM

a few players are infected. Versus quarentine and continue to test at least until halfway through the week of the game. If there are still cases at that point go ahead and cancel. With all the missed games that accumulate I don't see how they can have championships, etc. I hope I am wrong. We'll see soon enough.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't see how we have a season if they are going to cancel games over 2 weeks out because

Aug 26, 2020, 4:24 PM

This is a road untraveled and there will be difficult times ahead. Personally I’m glad the ACC is trying to have a season with all the unknowns out there. It may not happen but we could be like some others and throw in the towel. I suspect that there will be several adjustments made in the coming weeks. A ten or eleven game season by every league team likely will not happen. The open date will help but not solve everything. I

I've been saying that ever since they decided to play.......

Aug 26, 2020, 4:32 PM

I'm ALL FOR college football playing this fall. I'd prefer on time and same schedules as previously scheduled, but I'll take what I can get, HOWEVER if teams/colleges/networks/etc.... are going to FLIP OUT every time a player "sniffles" the wrong way then they might as well not even play. I hope this game is an "exception"/outlier, but I have a feeling it's just the start of a messy trend that's going to be very interesting to see how things plays out.

I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll get to see a full regular and postseason of college football, but I'm also skeptical that they'll actually complete the season..............they'd be better off starting November 4th. The virus will be gone from a media and hysteria standpoint by then.....regardless of who wins on November 3rd.

RA’d for cancelling the season***

Aug 26, 2020, 4:35 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's Nancy State and...

Aug 26, 2020, 4:48 PM

in my experience, they;'re just as ignorant and deluded at uof6c.

The Capons of the ACC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I don't see how we have a season if they are going to cancel games over 2 weeks out because

Aug 26, 2020, 8:37 PM

A few? I thought I heard it was 20+. Maybe I misremembered.

Aug 26, 2020, 10:00 PM

It's 22 within the entire athletic department. State did not specify how many were football but after reading several articles I found one that said 10 players were being held out for covid protocol. Some could be just from contact tracing.

If in reality only a couple of football players are actually positive it seems beyond stupid to cancel 17 days out. Why not just quarentine the positives and anyone that lives with them or was directly in close, consistent contact with them? Then see how the tests come out over the next week. Then make a decision.

If everyone follows what it seems State is doing there is just no way on this Earth the season plays out. I'll just be praying for a game or two so I can see TL & ET one last time.

Aug 26, 2020, 11:01 PM

All teams in the ACC may end up not playing the full schedule of 10 conference games.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic