Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Am I the only one that liked the old Littlejohn better?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Am I the only one that liked the old Littlejohn better?

Jan 9, 2021, 7:03 PM

Listen to Duck Vitale how restrained he is

Also check out the third comment about Mike Eppley.

https://youtu.be/3rHkIPnaLk4

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't like the trend where

Jan 9, 2021, 7:11 PM

the cameras are on the same side of the court that the team benches are on. I always preferred it when you could see both team's bench at the top of the screen. Duke has always been this way. Clemson is that way now and a lot of other schools are that way now.

As far as being there in person, I like the newer setup.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree to a point about it being better in person

Jan 9, 2021, 7:20 PM

Seats are more comfortable etc. you make a good point about the benches. Also the camera angle was a lit steeper back in the day which always made it a different look from other places.

Re: I don't like the trend where

Jan 9, 2021, 7:35 PM [ in reply to I don't like the trend where ]

Agteed on the camera angle Owens. I talked to both DAD and CBB a few times about not being able to see the team's benches on TV. The both said they agreed with us.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

I definitely preferred seeing the bench’s reactions***

Jan 9, 2021, 9:48 PM [ in reply to I don't like the trend where ]

I had almost forgotten how much I despised Dean Smith.

Jan 9, 2021, 7:23 PM

There has never been a more smug bastid in all of college basketball, with the possible exception of Rat Face.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would prefer K anytime, over that smug ### Dean Smith!***

Jan 10, 2021, 12:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I had almost forgotten how much I despised Dean Smith.

Jan 10, 2021, 1:53 PM [ in reply to I had almost forgotten how much I despised Dean Smith. ]

I get sick of having to turn off the ACCN every time they run that Smith special that makes him look like the second coming.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Am I the only one that liked the old Littlejohn better?

Jan 9, 2021, 7:24 PM

That is funny. Dicky V sounds so mellow. I like that better.

I cannot watch a bball game now, that Vitale is announcing!

Jan 10, 2021, 12:45 PM

He is intolerable!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like the new

Jan 9, 2021, 7:30 PM

Everyone is moving toward a more elite experience with comfort. What isn't to like?

Yes, you're the only one***

Jan 9, 2021, 7:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Thanks for contributing.***

Jan 9, 2021, 9:25 PM

Well, you asked. ;-)

Jan 10, 2021, 12:28 PM

I know some people don’t like the new changes, but on the whole I think it’s a much better facility.

I wish the students were in a better location, and I also wish turbo cameras were on the other side of the court.

But there is no denying that it’s a much nicer place to watch a game. Plus, equally important are the player facilities that make the game experience much better.

I also think the experience for larger donors was much needed, and essential in today’s climate.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

no he isn't***

Jan 9, 2021, 9:45 PM [ in reply to Yes, you're the only one*** ]

Jan 9, 2021, 7:51 PM

I was at that game. A friend and I had front row seats right under the basket. William Devane and another football player whose name escapes me sat right beside us.. actually on either side of us. William let me hold his national championship ring. That was an amazing experience to be on the baseline at that game with so many star players on the court.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2021, 8:09 PM

Did you know at the time how great Michael Jordan would be?

I don’t think anyone thought he would revolutionize the game

Jan 9, 2021, 9:36 PM

He was elite but there was magic and bird and who would figure someone else would come along and do something that would make you forget about their being the best.

No, not in the way Len Bias was viewed a year or two later***

Jan 9, 2021, 9:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Am I the only one that liked the old Littlejohn better? ]

Re: Did you know at the time how great Michael Jordan would

Jan 10, 2021, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Am I the only one that liked the old Littlejohn better? ]

MJ actually wasn't even the leading scorer that night. "All-American Sam Perkins scored 30 points and Jordan added 24 to lead top-ranked North Carolina to an 84-81 victory at Clemson."

I wouldn't have guessed that Jordan would go on to average 30 ppg in the NBA while Perkins would only average 12.

Was it Ray Brown? Devo and Ray were like brothers back in

Jan 10, 2021, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Am I the only one that liked the old Littlejohn better? ]

the day. Those are two really good guys, and we were all friends from back in the 1980s..

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2021, 8:48 PM

Found myself in a crowd shot! :)

Thanks for posting!

I miss the old "RabbleRouser" section behind the benches

Jan 9, 2021, 8:47 PM

General admission bleacher seats. Stand in line....sometimes camp out in front on the gate door. Then when they open the door & check your ID, you run like Hell to get the best seats you can get, preferably top row, center court, behind the scorer's table.

I remember giving Dean, Norm, & Lefty some serious **** from there! Good times. :)

Nope, I hate the new configuration as well***

Jan 9, 2021, 9:44 PM

Jan 9, 2021, 9:45 PM

Dood I was there for all of those games in the student section. Has there ever been a better year for hone games and visiting talent than the 82-83 season or am I just remembering it that way? Duke was in the bottom of the league with us I believe.

Jan 10, 2021, 7:28 AM

I didn’t see anything wrong with Fike.

Re: Call me a nerd

Jan 10, 2021, 8:33 AM

or a SMART nerd for that matter but I have my ticket stub attached to that game program (like new). Even have the coke souvenir cup saved tucked away in a box somewhere. I’ve always collected game programs and baseball cards as a hobby. Glad I have!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No doubt. Being under the basket as a student was some of

Jan 10, 2021, 12:48 PM

my greatest memories at Clemson. And we pretty much sukt every year. But every once in a while we would pull out a performance. And students being that close made a difference.

Re: No doubt. Being under the basket as a student was some of

Jan 10, 2021, 1:36 PM

Yep I miss all the old arenas. I miss old minor league ballparks that “smell like baseball” too. I just miss the history I guess.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic