Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't know what all the fuss is about re OC.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

I don't know what all the fuss is about re OC.

Dec 2, 2014, 5:07 PM

Dabo said 3 years ago he was going to promote from within. He said Jeff Scott was working hand in hand with Chad Morris learning the O so that he would replace him once chad got a HC job. I feel like we would have lost Elliot if he had not been named co OC due to being named OC at SMU. Only one guy will call plays. We have the same arrangement on D as Hobby is co DC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't know what all the fuss is about re OC.

Dec 2, 2014, 5:09 PM

It's not the choice of Scott at this point--we knew he was the supposed OC in waiting. To reiterate, it's three things:

1) the hastiness of the decision (not even looking at other OC candidates out there, waiting until after the bowl game)

2) the co-OC management structure (has been successful in a few places, disastrous in others)

3) who is actually calling the plays?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Dec 2, 2014, 5:12 PM

One of them will call plays and one will not. It isn't that complicated. Dabo obviously feels like these are the guys. I am ALL IN with Dabo. I expect he will make a good young hire at QB Coach, too.

You contradict yourself

Dec 2, 2014, 5:17 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't know what all the fuss is about re OC. ]

You say you understand Jeff Scott has been the guy all along but you don't understands he hastiness of the decision. I'll bet we lose Elliot if he is not co OC. You don't think Morris would have liked to have had Elliot or Scott as OC. Only one will call plays just like on D. It is a huge raise for both and both deserve it and we could not afford to lose either. This class would have fallen apart.

Well just something else to "fuss" about. What

Dec 2, 2014, 5:33 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't know what all the fuss is about re OC. ]

else is new? I'm sure there are NO CONCERNS that Dabo hasn't already thought thru. Life has enough worries without thinking up new ones that you have no control over.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2014, 5:22 PM

So will Dabo replace their prior positions with a new running backs coach and a new WR/TE coach to replace them since they are being promoted? It would be interesting if he did so with a pair who are also great recruiters for the school. We could have a dream team then!

Sure it was a hasty decision, but he knows them better than I do so it would be a golden opportunity for everyone. We get 2 brilliant coordinators (cheap) and have extra $ to give to Brent in hopes that he will stay with us longer. It gives them both OC opportunities so that they can gain the experience. They are both alumni so there is loyalty there and the loyalty for the fact that they were given a chance (much like Dabo's loyalty to the school after they gave him a chance to take the reigns to a big football school).
The outcome can either be great or a disaster, it will be interesting how things turn out. Have faith in our head coach though folks. Give him a chance! Everyone is quick to judge around here.

Dec 2, 2014, 5:26 PM

nope. because of the limits on the number of coaches, every coordinator also has a position group. we'll hire a qb coach who may or may not pick up the recruiting coordinator tag and that'll be that.

I don't know why everyone thinks this was a hasty decision

Dec 2, 2014, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't know what all the fuss is about re OC. ]

This decision was made after Morris' 1st year.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic