Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
RealTalk - Valentine's Day sucks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

RealTalk - Valentine's Day sucks

Feb 10, 2021, 1:32 PM

What is the actual point of it? To celebrate the people you love? Why not do that all the time? I don't want to buy some mushy ass card that says shit that I would never say. I also don't want to buy a card that makes lame jokes about fucking, I can make fuck jokes better anyway (and sometimes my fucking is a joke). You want flowers? Let's drop the equivalent of a nice dinner out on 12 roses that cost the flower shop less than $1 each. The markup on flowers is stupid high, I know because I once worked in a flower shop (by the way, college girls loved having flowers delivered by a grad student with a Golden Retriever, but they don't love it THAT much).

Valentine's Day is stupid as fuck and I will shout that from the rooftops.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. Make your point this year with Sheenr

Feb 10, 2021, 1:35 PM

don't buy her anything or do anything

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Bro, she agrees. She also worked in a flower shop and

Feb 10, 2021, 1:38 PM

also hates V-Day cards.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe this is a trap***

Feb 10, 2021, 1:38 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah, same here. I still buy a stupid card (always funny)

Feb 10, 2021, 1:50 PM

and some chocolates, because she loves chocolate. But it's all for show really. Dropped flowers, teddy bears, jewelry, meals, dates, etc. decades ago.

If you're dating, yeah, it's a trap. If you've been married for 20+ years, nope. It's a legit waste.

Last year I threw her for a loop though. Bought the mushiest card I could find. She was rolling laughing at it. Like more than the Valentines Day I gave her a fart card.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Read about it in GREENR's upcoming book, titled:

Feb 10, 2021, 2:17 PM [ in reply to I believe this is a trap*** ]

How to keep SHEENR OFF YOUR PEENR.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I've got a blog

Feb 10, 2021, 2:22 PM

it's called The Lounge at Tigernet dot com

I agree with everything

Feb 10, 2021, 1:45 PM

But you're fuggin up with buying roses. Sunflowers are like $5 for 5

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Gerber Daisies are the jam. Always get gerbers

Feb 10, 2021, 1:51 PM

at Publix, not the flower shop, and if you do the flower shop, call them directly and do not use a flower service online.

Dahlias also, but they are not available all year round

Feb 10, 2021, 1:53 PM

There was a guy in Clemson who drove an old asss truck with buckets of dahlias in the back and our owner would buy them up when they were available.

Flowers are a total waste of money

Feb 10, 2021, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Gerber Daisies are the jam. Always get gerbers ]

Pretty sure that's a direct quote.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That little baby head on the jar is freaky to me tho***

Feb 10, 2021, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Gerber Daisies are the jam. Always get gerbers ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Ranch sunflowers are the t!ts***

Feb 10, 2021, 1:52 PM [ in reply to I agree with everything ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

David Original, no additional flavoring needed, just salt***

Feb 10, 2021, 1:54 PM

You’re right.

Feb 10, 2021, 2:01 PM

But I’ve been married to the best woman in the world for almost 19 years and we’ve never once celebrated Valentines. Not once even been tempted to. Not even when dating. It’s a joke. She knows it. I knows it. And we’ve raised our boys to knows it. They’ll either end up single or with really awesome wives. Either way, they will be happy with their lot in life.

You don't likes Valentines Day, and thats whats I

Feb 10, 2021, 2:44 PM

appreciate about you, 7spots

Man...how you ended up with 7 kids is beyond me.***

Feb 10, 2021, 2:30 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ditto***

Feb 10, 2021, 2:42 PM

I got a feeling I know how.

Feb 10, 2021, 2:47 PM

And I'm pretty sure you and I have the same number of kids.

I wonder, what are the odds we each ended up with 17 kids....the same way?

I don't give a crap about Valentines

Feb 10, 2021, 2:45 PM

unless husband forgets to get some grocery store flowers, then he's in trouble.

Okay, but what about Steak & BJ Day?***

Feb 10, 2021, 2:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

About that...

Feb 10, 2021, 2:49 PM

That is my wife's birthday

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahh***

Feb 10, 2021, 2:50 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It ain't spending a lot of cash, it is just doing something

Feb 10, 2021, 3:00 PM

imo. Got a dinner planned with a nice dessert.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agreed - but it's a good "excuse" to

Feb 10, 2021, 3:17 PM

go out, get fixed up (her) then come home and get kinky. we hate going out, so only really do it for birthdays and anniversaries and valentine's day. it'll be packed, i'll get pissed to pay to park in DT nashville, but whatever, it's usually fun.

also we'll get each other something that the other person wants, but never the card or the flower stuff. she broke her apple watch and I forgot about it during christmas, so I got her a Garmin. I am getting some new golf shoes.

it's definitely a racket put together by the card and candy companies but can be a good excuse to do something you don't normally do, which is typically our approach

I agree. It should be all the time not just on a ..........

Feb 10, 2021, 3:25 PM

Hallmark grab money holiday.

Chocolate didn't not agree and I got the angry black woman look. Live and learn.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just buy dark chocolate

Feb 10, 2021, 4:45 PM

cause that's what she wants...

When is it?***

Feb 10, 2021, 5:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic