Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Help me understand the issue
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 725

Help me understand the issue

Jan 12, 2021, 11:56 AM

So there were dudes wearing Auschwitz tees and wearing Nazi paraphernalia at the Capital INSURRECTION. So of course all Republicans are now Nazi's and Nazi sympathizers.

I am super confused as Republicans and the Conservative movement recognize Israel and the rights of the Jewish people. Trump moved the embassy to Jerusalem, he has a Son-In-Law that is Jewish and his Daughter is a practicing Jew.

I find it odd that the Left wants to attach the idea that Republicans are xenophobes and point to the Proud Boys (all 2000 of them) and KKK, etc.. It just doesn't make any sense at all.

Ok, I am starting to #### post like FBCoach. So this is my last question and thread for the day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lemme know when you solve that one.

Jan 12, 2021, 11:58 AM

I'm still working on the Republican Party being the party of the wealthy but a common line of the past few years being "The blue states support all you brokeass red states!!!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lemme know when you solve that one.

Jan 12, 2021, 12:15 PM

That's an old problem. This book discussed it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What%27s_the_Matter_with_Kansas%3F_(book)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Probably deserves it's own thread, but by and large I think

Jan 12, 2021, 12:18 PM

that post-2000, it's a really dated characterization. Sure, in the old pre-silicon valley "captains of industry" era, Pubs ruled the roost in those circles, but I think tech money--largely liberal--has swung the big money pretty confidently in the left's favor.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You lost me at "all". That allways seems to happen for some

Jan 12, 2021, 12:11 PM

reason. When someone presents an argument and I hit that word "all", I just cringe.

No, not all republicans are racist, anti-semitic, fascists. No, not all democrats are radical, communist, atheists either.

The vast majority of members of both parties are none of the above.

What's your point? We can toss around strawmen all day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All Trump supporters are scumbags"

Jan 12, 2021, 12:30 PM

signed,
Carlsbad

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well at least he didn’t say Republicans. Wink emoji***

Jan 12, 2021, 4:31 PM

I don’t even think that’s debatable at this point***

Jan 12, 2021, 4:36 PM [ in reply to "All Trump supporters are scumbags" ]

Re: "All Trump supporters are scumbags"

Jan 13, 2021, 1:40 AM [ in reply to "All Trump supporters are scumbags" ]

Yes they are. And? If you are a Trump supporter you are a scumbag. What's the next part?

Dems don’t paint with a broad brush

Jan 12, 2021, 12:34 PM

They just collect welfare and loot Footlockers

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Help me understand the issue

Jan 12, 2021, 3:58 PM

By the way, sine you said you supported the insurrection, I am going dog anything you post for the next year you scumbag.

Re: Help me understand the issue

Jan 12, 2021, 4:34 PM

So there were dudes wearing Auschwitz tees and wearing Nazi paraphernalia at the Capital INSURRECTION. So of course all Republicans are now Nazi's and Nazi sympathizers.

Nobody here has said this. But you cheered them on.

I am super confused as Republicans and the Conservative movement recognize Israel and the rights of the Jewish people. Trump moved the embassy to Jerusalem, he has a Son-In-Law that is Jewish and his Daughter is a practicing Jew.

Again, nobody here has said Republicans are Nazis or Nazi sympathizers following Wednesday. But you cheered those people on.

I find it odd that the Left wants to attach the idea that Republicans are xenophobes and point to the Proud Boys (all 2000 of them) and KKK, etc.. It just doesn't make any sense at all.

Show a link where someone did this. But I'll show you one where someone here thought it was a great moment in real time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Replies: 11
| visibility 725
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic