Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't blame LSu fans for being so thin skinned & nervous.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

I don't blame LSu fans for being so thin skinned & nervous.

Jan 9, 2020, 12:27 PM

For eight years in a row, they have been getting downright owned by Alabama, but were fortunate enough to face a substandard Saban team this year and sqeak out a win.

Some fanbases know how to act like they have been there before, and quite obviously some do not.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

reminds me so much of the Spurrier years,,,

Jan 9, 2020, 12:30 PM

when the coots took advantage of UGA, UF, and Tenn being down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, LSu is basically the SCu of the SEC west.

Jan 9, 2020, 12:31 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Ouch!...but true!

Jan 9, 2020, 12:35 PM

lol

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't blame LSu fans for being so thin skinned & nervous.

Jan 9, 2020, 12:32 PM

It sort of makes you miss the Alabama fans. They know how to win because they have been there before.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alabama fans > LSu fans

Jan 9, 2020, 12:34 PM

LSU has basically been irrelevant for the last 9 years...

with a bunch of appearances in meaningless (we really didn't want to be there) type bowl games.

On that basis, is it really fair for anyone to expect them to act like they've been there before because, frankly, they really haven't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

We're not the ones making posts trying to convince ourselves we can win.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're not the ones flooding your board***

Jan 9, 2020, 12:37 PM

The few smart ones among you know you can't...

Jan 9, 2020, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't blame LSu fans for being so thin skinned & nervous. ]

so why bother.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LSU is stupid

Jan 9, 2020, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't blame LSu fans for being so thin skinned & nervous. ]

and so is your face

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Wurd...

Jan 9, 2020, 12:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

I've seen LSu play.

Jan 9, 2020, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't blame LSu fans for being so thin skinned & nervous. ]

I don't need any convincing Mr. Sensitive

Jan 9, 2020, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't blame LSu fans for being so thin skinned & nervous. ]

Sounds like something you read on an Alabama board and couldn't wait to use it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You sound thin skinned and nervous...

...are you thin skinned and nervous?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watch out

Jan 9, 2020, 8:26 AM

she might make a post to convince herself she's not thin-skinned and nervous.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2020, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't blame LSu fans for being so thin skinned & nervous. ]

Actually, you are. Are you the team that's been to the last 5 years worth of playoffs? Are you the current reigning, defending National Champion? Are you on a 29 game winning streak? Or are you just on an opponent board, trying to convince them they'll lose??

Jan 9, 2020, 12:52 PM

Are you still trying to use your 2016 championship as a reason to why you will win Monday? Just curious

Considering that coaching staff is still in tact for this

Jan 9, 2020, 2:21 PM

game...then, yes.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Considering that coaching staff is still in tact for this

Jan 9, 2020, 8:44 AM

Ahh without considering the fact that our staff has improved and these are 2 completely different teams. Gotcha

This coaching staff is 6-2 in the playoff. LSU's is 1-0.

Jan 9, 2020, 2:25 PM

Don't pretend like that #### doesn't matter a$sclown.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THAT'S THE PROBLEM . . .

Jan 9, 2020, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't blame LSu fans for being so thin skinned & nervous. ]

You think you can't lose. Not merely that you won't. But that you CAN'T.

GEAUX AWAY!

Jan 9, 2020, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't blame LSu fans for being so thin skinned & nervous. ]

Mattlsu99 said:

We're not the ones making posts trying to convince ourselves we can win.

What other reason are you over here for? Sounds like you are begging for validation from the REAL Tigers not the fake ### swamp kitties in Red Stick.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2020, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't blame LSu fans for being so thin skinned & nervous. ]

Precious has resurfaced.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2020, 9:34 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't blame LSu fans for being so thin skinned & nervous. ]

Took the bait...hook, line, and sinker!

Jan 9, 2020, 12:48 PM

Just to be clear, when talking about the past is there a cutoff at 2015?

It depends. If its UGA

Jan 9, 2020, 12:50 PM

Then 1981.

For LSU, 2012.

We can go all the way back to 2007 if you like.

Jan 9, 2020, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't blame LSu fans for being so thin skinned & nervous. ]

Re: We can go all the way back to 2007 if you like.

Jan 9, 2020, 12:57 PM

Why not 2000?

I don't see how riding Oklahoma's coattails helps your

Jan 9, 2020, 1:03 PM

argument.

Well the first CFP National Championship game

Jan 9, 2020, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't blame LSu fans for being so thin skinned & nervous. ]

was played on January 12, 2015. I'm not sure if you understand how this works...

Re: Well the first CFP National Championship game

Jan 9, 2020, 12:58 PM

Ahh yes, college football didn’t matter until the playoffs were created. I understand now thank you

We can go back to 2012

Jan 9, 2020, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't blame LSu fans for being so thin skinned & nervous. ]

remember that?

Re: We can go back to 2012

Jan 9, 2020, 1:06 PM

Yep it sucked. Probably sucked just as much as 2017 sucked for y’all. Neither of those games are relevant to Monday night though in my opinion.

LOL...you mean the CFP game in 2017 that didn't involve LSU?

Jan 9, 2020, 1:36 PM

Living vicariously through Bama while you sit at home watching from the couch.

How very $EC-esque of you.

Re: LOL...you mean the CFP game in 2017 that didn't involve LSU?

Jan 9, 2020, 2:21 PM

Thought he was referring to the last time we lost a national championship. Yes last time we played y’all beat us. Kind of irrelevant to this year though

Fortunately, there will probably never be another 2 loss

Jan 9, 2020, 2:26 PM

national champion

Re: Fortunately, there will probably never be another 2 loss

Jan 9, 2020, 2:40 PM

Agreed playoff system is the way to go

Everything...

Jan 9, 2020, 3:02 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL...you mean the CFP game in 2017 that didn't involve LSU? ]

that has occurred prior to Monday night is irrelevant don't you think?

Especially all those worthless stats that you corn dog cologne wearers keep posting in attempt to convince yourselves that this game is going be a cakewalk and a sure win for LSU.

Re: Everything...

Jan 9, 2020, 3:13 PM

No but I tend to value that current year over previous years. Which for us this year we are a lot better than we have been recently. At some point there is going to be a national champion that didn’t win it the previous year

Prior to this year, LSU hasn't been relevant since 2011..

Jan 9, 2020, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't blame LSu fans for being so thin skinned & nervous. ]

Prior to 2007, LSU hadn't won anything of note since 1958.

Where would you suggest we start?

Re: Prior to this year, LSU hasn't been relevant since 2011..

Jan 9, 2020, 2:16 PM

We both have 3 national championships. Y’all have had more success over the last 10 years, we’re about the same success over the last 20 years. My point is none of that matters come Monday

So you're saying experience in the playoffs for

Jan 9, 2020, 2:20 PM

our coaches and our players doesn't matter? Our players and coaches having been on and won on the biggest stage definitely matters and only an idiot would think otherwise.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: So you're saying experience in the playoffs for

Jan 9, 2020, 2:28 PM

Of course it matters a little bit. But our coaches and players have had plenty of big games on a national stage this year so I think they’ll be ready as well. I just don’t think that yalls playoff experience is as much of an advantage as some people think.

So which is it? You said none of that matters come Monday

Jan 9, 2020, 2:42 PM

but now you say "of course it matters a little bit." Pick a side and stick with it.

Re: So which is it? You said none of that matters come Monday

Jan 9, 2020, 2:56 PM

I would say the past two years matter a little bit but not as much as some think. But referring to the past 8-10 years a whole matters just as much as referring to that past 20 years which isn’t a lot at all

2 split titles + 1 title with 2 losses***

Jan 9, 2020, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Prior to this year, LSU hasn't been relevant since 2011.. ]

Jan 9, 2020, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't blame LSu fans for being so thin skinned & nervous. ]

LSBoosie said:

Just to be clear, when talking about the past is there a cutoff at 2015?

Football
Main article: LSU Tigers football
Tiger Stadium

The LSU Tigers football team competes in the Division I - Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) of the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA) and the Western Division of the Southeastern Conference (SEC). They play in Tiger Stadium, which has a capacity of 102,321. LSU has won three national championships, including two in the last decade. The first national championship was following the regular season in 1958. LSU played Clemson in the Sugar Bowl on January 1, 1959 following the team being named national champions. LSU won their second national championship in the 2003 BCS National Championship game. A controversy arose as the USC Trojans were awarded the Associated Press National Championship even though they did not play in the BCS Championship Game. LSU's win in the 2008 BCS National Championship Game (2007 season) was the Tigers third national championship. They became the first two-loss team to compete for and win the national championship, and the first team to win two Bowl Championship Series titles. The team is currently coached by Ed Orgeron.

You were saying something about a cut off date? One of your champonships says that the voters thought the BCS was bull #### and it was.

Jan 9, 2020, 3:20 PM

Forgot to add you got 2 shots one year didn't you?

Jan 9, 2020, 3:34 PM

My bad that was Bama that lost to you guys and then proceeded to whip your ### 21-0. I apologize.

Jan 9, 2020, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't blame LSu fans for being so thin skinned & nervous. ]

One of your posters literally just told me that nobody cares about the AP poll because of the SEC bias. Which is it?

Jan 9, 2020, 3:33 PM

We don't care about the AP poll because we prove at the end of the year that the SEC champ is weak.You will be the next to find out.

Jan 9, 2020, 3:38 PM

Your post literally said one our championships was BS because of the AP poll.

It's not BS. It just counts as 1/2 of a natty***

Jan 9, 2020, 3:39 PM

Jan 9, 2020, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't blame LSu fans for being so thin skinned & nervous. ]

No I was referring to the BCS not your 1958 or 59 or what ever century it was in.

Jan 9, 2020, 1:48 PM

Yep.....nobody likes to get their butt whipped in a national championship game.....just ask Bama.......I am sure they are dreading for Monday to come.....Go Tigers!!!!

Re: I don't blame LSu fans for being so thin skinned & nervous.***

Jan 9, 2020, 2:30 PM

Replies: 56
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic