Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Maybe the best final drive in Clemson_CFB_National Championship history
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Maybe the best final drive in Clemson_CFB_National Championship history

Apr 20, 2018, 6:41 AM

https://youtu.be/Z-vaKmt8BZg

I relive it from time to time . Proba ly watched that clip over 100 times. Ain't done watching it yet .

" Let's go be legendary "

- DW4

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Maybe?***

Apr 20, 2018, 6:56 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe?***

Apr 20, 2018, 9:57 AM

Well I am certainly NOT questioning it's #1 rank , but there are lurkers and ne'r do wells around the TNets who may try to say it's debatable .

It Isn't.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Maybe the best final drive in Clemson history

Apr 20, 2018, 7:01 AM

To me, no doubt. There aren't enough adjectives to describe what happened on that drive.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I cried that night....

Apr 20, 2018, 7:04 AM

Call me names if you want, but I welled up and cried after that play. I still get emotional watching it. And I still watch it all the time.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I cried that night....

Apr 20, 2018, 10:01 AM

I teared up too . About broke my GFs ribs bouncing her around while jumping up and down .

Bruised two knuckles on my ceiling going ape after I saw that Hunter didn't drop it .

DB23

Re: Maybe the best final drive in Clemson history

Apr 20, 2018, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Maybe the best final drive in Clemson history ]

Agreed . Everyone did everything they had to ... and they were legendary for it .

DB23

Because it was Bama

Apr 20, 2018, 7:05 AM

Perhaps it's the best final drive in college football history? I know the Vince Young/Texas drive was huge, but...no one expects Bama to be drilled for 21 points in the 4th quarter...and be beaten on a drive with two minutes left.

Yep...pretty sure this was view #101...LOL!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Because it was Bama

Apr 20, 2018, 7:22 AM

I’d never thought of it that way but you’re probably right. That Alabama defense had been talked about as maybe the best defense of all time leading up to the game. So quite possibly yes, the greatest final drive in CFB history.

Re: Because it was Bama

Apr 20, 2018, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Because it was Bama ]

I think ours was better . We did it against a better defense ( that can't be argued ) and we left no doubt with no time for a comeback .
Best final drive in National Championship history , to be sure .

DB23

Will never -- never-- get old!***

Apr 20, 2018, 7:16 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Only a hundred times? You must have a real job.

Apr 20, 2018, 7:24 AM

P.S. And you misspelled "football history."

Re: Only a hundred times? You must have a real job.

Apr 20, 2018, 10:05 AM

Yes I did ... thanks for correcting ??

DB23

When HR13 caught that TD pass from DW4

Apr 20, 2018, 7:50 AM

You can't tell it on TV, but I truly believe the 40K Clemson fans in Raymond James Stadium that night got as loud as 80K fans in DV.

Re:Maybe the best final drive in Clemson hist-this version

Apr 20, 2018, 8:31 AM

is cool too. https://www.tigernet.com/update/WATCH-Lego-re-creation-of-Renfrows-title-winning-catch-against-Alabama-29114

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder if CJ can still run that fast with an ankle monitor?***

Apr 20, 2018, 8:36 AM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

LOL...nice !!!***

Apr 20, 2018, 8:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Thanks Dug. I needed that.

Apr 20, 2018, 9:11 AM

I’m dragging ### this morning at work and that woke me right up.

“Hunter Renfrow!! Little Man makes another enormous play, one second remaining!!!”

^^My favorite line

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NO MAYBE - IT IS***

Apr 20, 2018, 9:21 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe the best final drive in Clemson_CFB_National Championship history

Apr 20, 2018, 10:18 AM

" They'll talk about that play , in Clemson history ... FOREVER ! "

My fav line .

DB23

CJ was close to breaking and entering

Apr 20, 2018, 12:12 PM

into the end zone on the kickoff. He almost stole it from them right then and there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic