Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I count 23 losses by 3 points or less in last 5 years
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

I count 23 losses by 3 points or less in last 5 years

Mar 2, 2019, 10:06 PM

That’s not being snakebitten or cursed. That’s a reflection of coaching and culture.

But keep making excuses for him....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I count 23 losses by 3 points or less in last 5 years

Mar 2, 2019, 10:14 PM

Did you happen to look and see how many of those came in the last minute? I know of 4 just this year alone.

Um

Mar 3, 2019, 9:11 AM

All 23?

Just a guess

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Mar 2, 2019, 10:42 PM

Would be interesting to know how many wins by 3 pts or less in that time. 5 maybe? Numbers don’t lie.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2019, 12:37 AM

We’ve won 6 games in the last 5 years by 3 or less points and as stated above, we’ve lost 23.

So, rounding it off, out of the last 30 games we are 7-23 n games decided by one possession. So 23.5% chance we win a close game over the last 5 years. Glad we’re a heck of a lot better at 50/50 balls in football...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2019, 12:52 AM

There are some fans like judge and another guy on another site that say Brad should be commended for keeping games close. Smh...

UNC has more McDonald's All-Americans on their current

Mar 3, 2019, 10:47 AM

team than we've had in our entire basketball history.

UNC has way more talent than we do. Don't you think it is a testament to our coaches and players that we had a shot at the end to beat them? Because on paper, they should win by 8-10 at least.

Obviously we need to recruit better players so that we don't have such a significant talent deficit, because the ultimate goal is to win the game. No one is debating that.

But if you can't be disappointed we lost, while still looking at the positives, then that's too bad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Mar 3, 2019, 5:42 AM

Thanks for this. Maybe people will read this like I just did and really let it sink in. 6-23 in games decided by 3 points or less. And I bet most of the 6 were last year cause of devoe

Mar 3, 2019, 8:51 AM

All those opposed to CBB must not have lived long enough to realize Clemson basketball has a much longer record of futility along these lines, Losses in Chapel Hill for one.

When Roy Williams acknowledges we are ill fated I would agree. I’ll give Brownell one more year to see what transpires, but if he were wise he would quietly find another job and let DRad start looking now.

Go Tigers!

Mar 3, 2019, 9:11 AM

Everything you just said is the problem. You’re being faked into thinking we’re not that far away because of our close losses so keep brownell. No no hell no. We had this season after losing Gabe devoe. And grantham somewhat. What the heck do u thinks going to happen when we lose 4 senior starters? Our PG, best scorer we’ve had in years, the best big man since sharrod ford and Trevor booker, lock down Skara. Really? We may win 10 games next year

You're right and I absolutely can't understand this

Mar 3, 2019, 9:40 AM

philosophy of "give him one more year". It'll be year 10. If he is going to go, just don't see what the propose of keeping him another year is.

So if we're so talented, then why do I keep reading about

Mar 3, 2019, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Re: I count 23 losses by 3 points or less in last 5 years ]

what a bad recruiter and player developer Brownell is?!? You people need to make up your minds.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

One thing you can say about Brownlee...

Mar 3, 2019, 8:51 AM

He sure is consistent!

~JKB

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic