Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’m so tired of hearing LSU has played better teams than us
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

I’m so tired of hearing LSU has played better teams than us

Jan 5, 2020, 9:34 PM

Yes the acc is a dumpster fire this year. But they haven’t played anyone other than bama in my opinion. Florida, Auburn, and Georgia never live up the hype. They are just ranked high because of being in the sec.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m so tired of hearing LSU has played better teams than us

Jan 5, 2020, 9:37 PM

Yes it is incestuous isnt it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Jan 5, 2020, 9:41 PM

You have a very poor opinion.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why ya care?

Jan 5, 2020, 9:43 PM

Nowhere is it a rule where the team with the better schedule will win the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2020, 10:33 PM

I disagree. While I know Clemson is better than Bama, Florida, Auburn, and Georgia, the 3 teams you mentioned were better than any team we played in the regular season. Sure Georgia got upset by the coots, but they beat Baylor(Bowl game), which is not in the sec (as you point out).
Now as to the postseason, our best win is definitely OSU, which is better than any of the teams these schools played, with maybe the exception of the LSU/ OU semifinal.
But really none of it matters come the 13th. We will either prove the pundits wrong again, or we will tip our hats to the other Tigers.
I think it will be the Defending National Champions who will get the job done, and once again it will against the sec.

It’s football, not The Highlander. They could have played the NFC West...

Jan 5, 2020, 10:45 PM

...it won’t matter a week from Monday.

null

Jan 5, 2020, 10:49 PM

LSU set a college football record by defeating 6 ap ranked top 10 teams in a single season. Clemson breezes through the ACC. Sorry you’re tired of hearing it, but it remains an indisputable fact...regardless if you think any of the teams were “overrated”. The SEC had an impressive 7-2 record in bowls and Texas manhandled Utah, so sorry if it bothers you but take relief that it has no bearing on wether Clemson will beat LSU.

Jan 6, 2020, 12:03 AM

Sorry if it bothers you,but it's whether.Maybe football's just not your game.I know.Let's have a spelling contest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 6, 2020, 12:37 AM [ in reply to Re: I’m so tired of hearing LSU has played better teams than us ]

I agree SEC is better than ACC this year,, but the top 10 rankings are not without help from preseason rankings and media bias. Rankings shouldn’t even begin until after half the season is played.

Jan 6, 2020, 12:39 AM [ in reply to Re: I’m so tired of hearing LSU has played better teams than us ]

AP ranked. Lol yeah I have questions about their rankings.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 7:29 AM [ in reply to Re: I’m so tired of hearing LSU has played better teams than us ]

Florida barely got away with wins vs Miami & UVA. They’re the poster child for an over ranked team. UGA has a pedestrian at best defense & a high school offense with a below average QB. I assure you the Clemson team LSU is playing is nowhere near as weak as these two “top 10” teams. And then there’s no defense Alabama....nuff said

Jan 6, 2020, 1:28 PM

Florida isn't on the level of Clemson, but I don't think they're overrated at #9. In order for a team to be overrated you'd have to have teams ranked behind them that deserve to be ranked ahead of them. Which teams would that be exactly?

Penn State? You could try and make that argument I suppose, but what has Penn State shown that Florida hasn't?

Utah? What are the quality wins for Utah? They lost to Oregon who lost to Auburn who Florida beat. Utah also got smacked around by Texas in their bowl.

I could go on, but you get the point. I'd be very interested in hearing from those who continue to say Florida is overrated due to them not blowing out Miami and now UVA about the teams ranked behind Florida that haven't also lost multiple games, played close against lower ranked teams, and have a better overall resume.

Jan 6, 2020, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: I’m so tired of hearing LSU has played better teams than us ]

UVA game was never in doubt.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 7:41 AM [ in reply to Re: I’m so tired of hearing LSU has played better teams than us ]

I keep hearing LSU fans talk about setting this record as if it’s really a thing.

Not all those teams finished in the top 10. Texas was 7-5 after the regular season was said and done.

Jan 6, 2020, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Re: I’m so tired of hearing LSU has played better teams than us ]

Clemson has the best win of the season...yes better than anyone LSU has faced. That’s Ohio State. Nice try other tigers!

It won't matter Monday night. And LSU

Jan 6, 2020, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Re: I’m so tired of hearing LSU has played better teams than us ]

didn't navigate some impossible gauntlet. You beat teams that were subjectively ranked high in the preseason... like the SEC does every year. Ole #### will probably be preseason #8 or something. They load The top 25 every year with SEC teams based on nothing. The whole nation sees the narrative and the game. Clemson would also be 14-0 with LSU's schedule. Now go away, sheep.

Jan 6, 2020, 12:16 AM

I hope they are tired from it, people sure have been saying it enough, and it will be used as an excuse after we beat their A S S!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 3:05 AM

I became worried about all the talk so I went and watch several LSU games of this season. I saw enough to know that Clemson can beat LSU. What will happen we have to wait and see. BV has a great record of neutralizing good offences. Clemson may miss the front four of last season for applying pressure but BV has brilliantly schmemed counter measures to make up for the different talents on this team. I would rather have BV than Burrows any day. That is the difference in this game.

Jan 6, 2020, 4:07 AM

They should get cred for playing a few good teams , they won on the road at Alabama .
They still haven't played the best though .

7 days .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 6, 2020, 7:37 AM

Servin’ up Truth for breakfast.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

It's never any fun to hear facts you don't like.

Jan 6, 2020, 10:17 AM

But factually the ACC has no peer team for the group of teams that are Florida, Alabama, UGA and Auburn. Based on the results of the UF / UVA game with UVA being the #2 team in the ACC...

Tier 1 - Clemson / LSU
Tier 2 No ACC team / Alabama, UGA, Florida, Auburn
Tier 3 UVA, Louisville, VT, UNC, Wake, Pitt / Tenn, TXAM, Kentucky
All the rest

It also has no bearing on the outcome of this game as we currently have beaten a team that's better than any that LSU has played to date.

But there's no discounting the fact that LSU has played more better teams than we have this year.

I corrected your Tier rankings

Jan 6, 2020, 1:18 PM

Tier 1 - Clemson / OSU
Tier 2 - LSU / Alabama / Auburn / UGA
Tier 3 - Florida / UVA - I watched the UF/UVA, UF/Miami, and UF/UGA games and these two teams are evenly matched.
Tier 4 - TX A&M / Wake / UNC / Louisville / Texas
Tier 5 - Miss St / Gt / Syracuse / NCSU / Vandy / USC / Ole Miss / Arkansas / UK / Whoever else I left off

Come back in a week and tell me I’m wrong.

Re: I corrected your Tier rankings

Jan 6, 2020, 1:31 PM

Florida outgained UVA by nearly 200 yards and led for double digits for a good portion of the 2nd half including being up by 15 until UVA scored a touchdown with under a minute to go. If that's evenly matched to you then we were also evenly matched with UNC and A&M.

Re: I corrected your Tier rankings

Jan 6, 2020, 1:40 PM [ in reply to I corrected your Tier rankings ]

Also, it's hard to justify having Louisville in a tier above Kentucky when Kentucky beat them 45-13 in the final week of the regular season.

Jan 6, 2020, 1:38 PM

LSU did play a more difficult schedule without question. What people miss about that though is it doesn't at all mean they're better, or that Clemson wouldn't be 14-0 with the same schedule. I think people also get caught up in how teams look in a single game way too often. On one end of that thought is the reaction after our game against UNC. We didn't look like that in any other game this season so it's stupid to conclude that game showed our typical capability. It did show that we're capable of not playing great, but it's not who we normally are.

On the other side of that thought is how LSU played against Oklahoma. There's no doubt that they were beyond impressive in that game. Oklahoma may have been the weakest of the 4 playoff teams by a good margin, but the 1st half performance of LSU was impressive regardless. That game showed how great LSU can be if they're on their A+ game. However, people tend to overreact and think that's the way they're going to play all the time. I also have zero doubt that Clemson would have been capable of doing the same to Oklahoma. I'm not saying that Clemson would have won by the same score or scored 49 points in the 1st half, but it's within their capability if they're playing their A+ game.

Jan 6, 2020, 4:57 PM

Ohio State has played better teams than us...last year Bama, ND...same ole message from ESPNSEC that everyone has played better teams than Clemson...Ohio State again several years ago...Oliehomo a couple back...our practice squad is probably the second best team in any of those conferences! See you swamp critters next Monday...you had better have one strapped on!

Jan 6, 2020, 5:11 PM

Why would any Clemson fan care what any LSU fan says? Dabo has set the standard, be cool & act like you have been here before

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic