Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I can't get over the tempest in a teacup over the Eagles
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

I can't get over the tempest in a teacup over the Eagles

Jan 5, 2021, 8:34 AM

tanking their game against Washington to move up in the draft. That it also gave the division to Washington instead of the hated New York Giants also had to warm the cockles of cold Philly hearts.

The truth is, it is an embarrassment to the NFL that they have to include ANY team from that woeful division in the playoffs. If there ever was an argument for eliminating divisions and just taking the best record teams for however many playoff spots you have, this would be it.

In the NFC, you have an admittedly underachieving Arizona Cardinals team sitting home at 8-8, while Washington gets a playoff check at 7-9. In the AFC, you have a Miami Dolphin team sitting at home with a 10-6 record, bemoaning the fact that they are not in Washington's division.

But, now, having said all that, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have been just erratic enough this season that beating the lowly ex-Redskins is not a given. Were that upset to happen, the hue and cry that would go up in Tampa about the Tom Brady "experiment" gone wrong would rival one of those Gulf Coast hurricanes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can't get over the tempest in a teacup over the Eagles

Jan 5, 2021, 8:52 AM

How do you think I feel; I'm a Cowboy fan.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My condolences. But, since you admitted it, what is your

Jan 5, 2021, 11:59 AM

honest opinion of Jerry Jones as an owner and GM?

My opinion is, regardless of whether he was once good for the franchise, at present he is too old, too senile to still be in control. He is quickly spiraling the airplane into the ground for a crash that will take the next owner 10 years to recover from, if ever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2021, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Re: I can't get over the tempest in a teacup over the Eagles ]

It could be worse, I am a Washington fan...

I mean, sure, we are in the playoffs alongside other dubious sub-.500 notables like the 2010 Seahawks, and 1982 Detroit Lions/Cleveland Browns. When the Browns, Seahawks, and Lions are your "peers" something is seriously wrong.

Personally, I want a few 0-16 seasons so we will have the legal right to publicly execute Dan Snyder by having a FedEx guy throw him over a fence.

Jive the team back to JKC

Snyder IS unfortunately one of those bad NFL owners that

Jan 5, 2021, 12:55 PM

treat his team like a personal playtoy, and not a business that needs to be run successfully. Kind of like Woody Johnson with the Jets.

Jan 5, 2021, 9:06 AM

NFL should take a page from English premier league and start a second tier of NFL teams in waiting. Worst three from the NFL each year get demoted and best three of the "in waiting" teams move up. Also solves image and likeness issues in college with more teams and drafting like MLB straight outta high school.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2021, 1:53 PM

We need that in CFB too. The coots would be demoted to club level.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic