Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I can't believe that true Clemson fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

I can't believe that true Clemson fans

Dec 30, 2013, 1:05 PM

on this board think the Clemson football team isn't well coached and in good hands with this coaching staff........................ This football program is in better shape than it's been in 24 years......... In some aspects I think it's in better shape than it was under Coach Ford....... I am going to assume that most of the negative post against this staff or either Gamecock trying to act like Clemson fans or Clemson fans who will only be happy with an undefeated season or if we beat South Carolina and have better year than them.......... I for one am very happy with this staff because I know it can go the other way very fast and the fans at schools like Tenn, Bama yes Bama look at the years before Saban, USC, and Michigan those schools didn't think it could get worse when they fired their coach and they were wrong...........
Enjoy the third best run in school history and it could become the best before it's over...................

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess there's more than one level of wellness

Dec 30, 2013, 1:11 PM

Some fans are happy with the accomplishments , but want to achieve a higher level which would include playing better against the archrival.

Which is EXACTLY what the coaches want.***

Dec 30, 2013, 5:00 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can't believe that true Clemson fans

Dec 30, 2013, 1:11 PM

Dabo swinney and his pumper police approve Rhettm's message.

At least it wasnt a Dabo and Chad to Detroit as a package deal post.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2013, 1:15 PM

very happy with where we are. that said the way we looked in the two losses is a concern. we seem to implode in loses and not just be outplayed. I'm sure the coaches are working to correct the self inflicted stuff as much as you can

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2013, 1:21 PM

Finally someone with a full complement of brain cells !!!

Some fans will

Dec 30, 2013, 1:21 PM

complain, call for firings no matter what. On the other hand, there are some on here who seem to think that if you don't acknowledge shortcomings associated with Clemson athletics then that makes them so they don't exist.

Re: Some fans will

Dec 30, 2013, 4:32 PM

Very well said! The "fire Dabo" (or any other coach) faction is at one extreme.....and the other extreme appears to sincerely believe that no Tiger coach or player should ever be criticized or questioned.

And some nuts think ALL the coaches and players should

Dec 30, 2013, 5:02 PM

be criticized and questioned at all times.

Some of our fans care nothing about winning the ACC

Dec 30, 2013, 1:38 PM

but more about beating Carolina. While I wish we could win every game...the likely hood of that happening is just about null.

These "fans" would rather lose every game but beat South Carolina. I hate losing to them just as much as the next guy but I refuse to let it rule me as a fan.

Be judged by the standard you set...

Dec 30, 2013, 2:43 PM

Dabo said we could compete for a championship. That's the standard to which I will hold him. While happy with the direction we're going, there is room for improvement.

Re: Be judged by the standard you set...

Dec 30, 2013, 4:07 PM

I agree 100%. you must keep improving or attempting to improve. there is a big difference between being loyal and rational or logical. I am a fan but also try to be logical and enjoy sharing opinions without being called a coot, but I just consider the poster.

We did compete for the Championship

Dec 30, 2013, 4:12 PM

We missed it by a half game last year and one game this year.

Dec 30, 2013, 5:04 PM

A state championship wouldn't be bad every year or two either.

Dec 30, 2013, 5:04 PM

A state championship wouldn't be bad every year or two either.

Agree we have excellent coordinators and recruiting

Dec 30, 2013, 6:09 PM

remains on an upswing. Win against perpetually overrated Big 10 OSU should be a given. Will be a tremendous disappointment to me if we don't shut down OSU rushing attack and Tajh does not light up Buckeye secondary.

I look for us to jump out to ten-plus point lead and intercept a couple of passes enroute to ten point win.

As for Ford comparisons, Morris/Dabo Offense quick-strike capability is miles ahead of Danny pound-and-ground teams, but Defense and confidence of Ford teams were outstanding beyond comparison.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic