Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I can't believe that people are actually wanting Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 68
| visibility 1

I can't believe that people are actually wanting Dabo

Nov 25, 2012, 2:21 PM

out as head coach. Just because we can't beat SC doesn't mean we aren't improving as a team. We have had two very successful seasons back to back. It just so happens that SC is in a better place. SC has it's program at a place where it has never been before. Dabo can't help that. It's kinda like in baseball. Clemson has a great team. Just SC is better. Get over it. We have improved since last year and are coming off back to back 10 win seasons the first time since Danny Ford was coach. What the heck do you people want? Perfection every season? Everyone said from the beginning that 2013 was the year when everything would be peeking. Let's just see how everything unfolds then. End rant.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have said from the get go...

Nov 25, 2012, 2:24 PM

he has made necessary changes every year and needs some more this year. I trust he will do it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How much longer are you willing to give him?***

Nov 25, 2012, 2:25 PM

I would say next year we should expect...

Nov 25, 2012, 2:29 PM

beating our rivals and a trip to a BCS game. This year I did not expect either to be honest. Next year, I do.

we have got to get some d-line, d-backfield, and o-line help

Nov 25, 2012, 2:55 PM [ in reply to I have said from the get go... ]

coaching isn't the problem. we have to get the talent here in those 3 areas in this recruiting class, or it will be the same next year. the defensive backfield play has been terrible all year, our offense just overcame it.

You're blind. Coaching is the problem, every loss the past 2

Nov 25, 2012, 5:12 PM

years was us being out coached.

Re: we have got to get some d-line, d-backfield, and o-line help

Nov 25, 2012, 8:11 PM [ in reply to we have got to get some d-line, d-backfield, and o-line help ]

You don't change all that in one recruiting class. Are you stupid. It will take 3 to 4 years to fix the OL and DL line problems.

New to message boards, are we?***

Nov 25, 2012, 2:27 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And if Dabo wins all except SC next year (play them there),

Nov 25, 2012, 2:28 PM

then what? Dabo wouldn't be the first coach fired for being a poor rivalry coach, and would not be the last).

No! Don't fire him until he deserves to be fired.

Nov 25, 2012, 2:32 PM

If we are finishing ranked in the top 15 with conference championships all the way, and winning some big games, and not losing games we shouldn't, and there is improvements why would you ever fire him. Like everyone here I remember what was between Danny Ford and Dabo. I don't even want to go there again.......ever. If that means getting beat by SC every year so be it. Spurrier can't live forever.

Huh? That made no sennse and Ford was a great coach

Nov 25, 2012, 5:15 PM

and ran a clean program. We got busted thanks to Charlie Pell and BC Inabinet. Well, Monty Kiffen, but that's another story. The 1989 investigation proved Ford won clean.

NO sunshine pumpming allowed after 4 in a row.***

Nov 25, 2012, 2:29 PM

Re: I can't believe that people are actually wanting Dabo

Nov 25, 2012, 2:30 PM

Sadly, this is a commentary on the state of Clemson/Carolina football. It's this attitude that has taken the fire out of Clemson and killed their desire to beat the Gamecocks. As for me, I'd rather be 5-4 and beat Carolina than be 10-0 and lost this gamne. But I'm from another generation where pride meant something and everyone wasn't worried about what ###### bowl game they went to or where they wound up in the NFL draft.
End of my rant but we need to go back to giving a ####!

Whatever.

Nov 25, 2012, 2:36 PM

The bottom line is SC has more money and a hall of fame coach. Until we can get someone legit like Spurrier to be our coach then we have to keep Dabo. I would also rather beat SC than have a 10 will season. But you get what you can take. There is not a better coach than Dabo for our program right now.

I'm sorry but you are stupid. We have the same talent as SC.

Nov 25, 2012, 5:19 PM

Go look at the recruiting rankings.

Why did we lose to GT, NC State, and WVu last year?

GT was mediocre at best, WVu had a 1st year HC in a lesser conference that they didn't even win outright, and NC State is looking for a new coach. Why did we lose to them? We have more money and better talent.

Message was edited by: Lowcountry_Raconteur®

Nov 25, 2012, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Re: I can't believe that people are actually wanting Dabo ]

Noone wants to say there was a gap between usuc and us but there has been, and I believe were closing it. Dabo is a good coach and a great leader of men......all the chicken littles need to settle down a bit, and support the team you all love, and give the dirtpeckers credit where it is due

Maybe you are from another planet....

Nov 25, 2012, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Re: I can't believe that people are actually wanting Dabo ]

not just another generation.....

Wow I can't believe anyone in Clemson during the 80s can

Nov 25, 2012, 5:20 PM

look at the teams we are fielding and think they are well coached.

You are definitely from another planet.....

Nov 25, 2012, 8:38 PM

No one compared the present teams to the hey day of the 80's.... but, the last three years are the best teams we've had in 20 yrs and they are continuing to improve. Any one that doesnt see this is blind or ignorant or both.

Nov 25, 2012, 2:35 PM

Anyone who thinks that a 10-2 coach is going to be fired is smoking crack. He shouldn't be fired. If he goes 10-2 or 9-3 and loses to SC every yr., he is not going to be fired. Beating SC is not the be all, end all for Tiger FB. SC under SOS has reached a new level. He is a great coach. SC is not the same team it was prior to SOS arriving. THe ACC has no one even close to his caliber. SC better hope they can land someone even close to him when he retires. We may never beat him because we will never have a coach as great. It is what it is. He is in a different league of coaches and a conference that is the best in the country. He has been a winner in the SEC at two different schools. SC was lucky to get him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This "strength of the SEC" hype.......

Nov 25, 2012, 2:43 PM

is a myth. Vandy, TN, Kentucky, MSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, need I say more. They have as many weak lengths as anybody.
Carolina bearly beat Vandy (bad call), UT (bad call), Arkansas and lost to the big guns, LSU and FL. Carolina is no big deal. We beat ourselves last night.

Re: This "strength of the SEC" hype.......

Nov 25, 2012, 2:49 PM

Vandy is 8-4 for what its worth. Three of those losses were to top ten teams.

Nov 25, 2012, 3:00 PM [ in reply to This "strength of the SEC" hype....... ]

Carolina is no big deal.

Losing to them 4 straight yrs. is no big deal. lol.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2012, 4:44 PM

You missed the last line #######; "We beat ourselves last night".
Oh and I forgot Auburn in my list of SEC "powerhouses".

Nov 25, 2012, 5:01 PM [ in reply to This "strength of the SEC" hype....... ]

This year, the top teams of the SEC would beat the top of the ACC, middle of SEC would beat middle of ACC, bottom of the SEC would beat the bottom of the ACC.
SEC isn't great top to bottom this year, but it puts the ACC to shame.

Nov 25, 2012, 5:02 PM [ in reply to This "strength of the SEC" hype....... ]

This year, the top teams of the SEC would beat the top of the ACC, middle of SEC would beat middle of ACC, bottom of the SEC would beat the bottom of the ACC.
SEC isn't great top to bottom this year, but it puts the ACC to shame.

Nov 25, 2012, 5:17 PM [ in reply to This "strength of the SEC" hype....... ]

Well said about the SEC, and Spurrier is a decent coach but not God. I would take Dabo over him anyday.

Exactly. USC is a 2nd tier SEC team.***

Nov 25, 2012, 5:23 PM [ in reply to This "strength of the SEC" hype....... ]

Nov 25, 2012, 6:19 PM [ in reply to This "strength of the SEC" hype....... ]

Then why is there 6 SEC teams in the BCS top ten? The two best teams in the ACC lost at home to SEC teams, both being big rivalry games. You can tell me all day how you beat yourselves but the facts are that Florida dominated Fl St in the 4th qtr and USC dominated Clemson for most of 3 quarters. USC beat themselves against Florida giving up 21 points on 3 turnovers for 32 yards but the truth is we just flat out lost.

Exactly my point............

Nov 25, 2012, 6:28 PM

As an SEC team, Carolina just sucks!!!!!!!

Nov 25, 2012, 6:38 PM [ in reply to This "strength of the SEC" hype....... ]

ACC was zero for four against SEC yesterday. Any questions?

Nov 25, 2012, 8:18 PM [ in reply to This "strength of the SEC" hype....... ]

Are you stupid, Vandy just took Wake to the woodshed, Tennessee beat the crap out of NC State, Georgia beat the crap out of Georgia Tech, Florida beat the crap out of Florida State and South Carolina just beat Clemson for the 4th year in a row. Where the he!! have you been this year.

We haven't beaten a solid team since we hired Dabo. It's not

Nov 25, 2012, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Re: I can't believe that people are actually wanting Dabo ]

about the record, but the quality of the team, the quality of the wins and losses, if we are making progress and meeting our goals, of which by that measure this year was a failure.

Re: We haven't beaten a solid team since we hired Dabo. It's not

Nov 25, 2012, 5:26 PM

Gosh your an idiot. Get over yourself. Grow up

Sorry facts offend you. ***

Nov 25, 2012, 5:39 PM

Sorry, but he's right... you are an idiot for sure.***

Nov 25, 2012, 8:41 PM

Nov 25, 2012, 6:00 PM [ in reply to Re: I can't believe that people are actually wanting Dabo ]

We would have trouble with most of the teams you mentioned...The ACC sucks as a conference and its getting old with "big" bigs over Wake, Duke, BC, and the other powers of this league we are stuck in..We had all we could handle with Auburn, the bottom feeder of the SEC....Like it or not, until we got used to the speed and strength of that league, we would be a .500 team if we played them week in and week out....

I hate USC, but that league has much to do with losing 4 straight.. We see true college football teams 2-3 times a year, thats it...They see how football is meant to be played virtually every SEC weekend.

That's a very shallow, superficial way...

Nov 25, 2012, 2:41 PM

of looking at it. The reason we lost to the coots is the same reason we lost to FSU and largely the same reason we were nervous with 62 points in the 4th qtr against NC State; our defense is confused in game 12, and we have little talent and no depth on our OL or DL. With that state of affairs, we can still beat up on the Little Sisters of the Poor (the ACC bottom feeders), but we will never beat good teams. FSU is an average team and the beat us; the coots are better than FSU, and they've owned us for years now. How long is dominating the Little Sisters of the Poor good enough when we are clearly weak and showing little improve not in such key areas? How long does the "We're just young" excuse fly?

If we don't have marked improvement and depth on the OL and DL BY 2014, Swinney will have failed and should be replaced.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU is average?

Nov 25, 2012, 2:53 PM

Since when are top 15 programs including ours average? Clemson and FSU are both above average and near great, just not in top 10...... We've had a great season but still need improvement to be the top 10 program we want to be. I'm pretty sure that FSU would beat USuck.

FSU and USC are good, above avg, but not very good and

Nov 25, 2012, 5:27 PM

certainly not great. USC is, and FSU would be, a 2nd tier SEC school.

Re: FSU is average?

Nov 25, 2012, 8:28 PM [ in reply to FSU is average? ]

Florida just pounded FSU in Tallahassee. What is it going to take to make some of you people realize that playing an ACC schedule is not helping our program to move into the "next" league. We can't play with the "big boys". Face IT!! We've tried the last few years and have failed. Yeah we will continue to win 10 games playing an ACC schedule, but 10 SEC schools could do that. Dabo is preaching to us that 10 wins is a great season, but he can't win the big games. I'm beginning to realize why he wants to remain in the ACC.

Dabo should not even be coach now.***

Nov 25, 2012, 5:25 PM [ in reply to That's a very shallow, superficial way... ]

Nov 25, 2012, 2:48 PM

He is never going to make Clemson elite playing nobody. Clemson played 6 teams with a winning record. Lost to 2, one was ball St and three are 6-5. Lost to the only ranked teams played. He is gonna have to raise the level of competition to get better ready for tough teams. SC will continue to dominate as long as he keeps scheduling cupcakes all year.

You cannot fault who they play.

Nov 25, 2012, 3:02 PM

BTW before the expansion OK St, Ole Miss, Vandy and of course UGa were on future schedules. My understanding is that when they announced the 8 game ACC schedule we were trying to get those games back on.

Dabo is the problem, period, not our schedule.***

Nov 25, 2012, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Re: I can't believe that people are actually wanting Dabo ]

Nov 25, 2012, 2:53 PM

What a load of crap. Clemson and the patsy schedule will continue to weaken the program and keep the fan base delusional abt progress made. The worst of the SEC would dominate all of the acc. Before you argue check yesterday and 4-0. By the way beating yourself how? By sucking on D and getting punked on Offense?

we shouldn't have accepted the auburn game. the sec isn't

Nov 25, 2012, 2:59 PM

good enough for warm-ups, i guess. are you forgetting that we played and beat an sec team! we can't help it that they blow, as did most of the acc teams. hope we meet another one in the bowl game.

Maybe Jesse Palmer is right all along

Nov 25, 2012, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Re: This "strength of the SEC" hype....... ]

Nov 25, 2012, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Re: This "strength of the SEC" hype....... ]

About like Carolina and their patsy schedule. Like I say, they win against the easy teams but can't play with the big boys. BTW Georgia waa a fluke, they'd run the Coots out of "The Brice" today.

We need defensive players who play smart!!!

Nov 25, 2012, 2:58 PM

Along with a defensive backs coach who knows how to coach them to play smart.

Perfection? Everyone wants perfection ...

Nov 25, 2012, 3:00 PM

not making any sense

Yes, CLEARLY average...

Nov 25, 2012, 3:00 PM

know how I can tell? Average teams get their a$$es beat when they play good (or sometimes even other average) teams. Beating Boston College, Duke, Wake Forest and Georgia Tech this season means NOTHING. Those teams STINK. When we beat a good team I'll be impressed.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2012, 4:53 PM

How do you say Dabo Clemson getting better each year? Each year the ACC has gotten worse since he has been there. Please don't compare anything involving Dabo to DAnny Ford, completely different time in the ACC and college football as a whole. Dabo is a recruiter, Danny is/was a great coach! Dabo may turn into a good coach but he is not doing anything anyone else with Clemson's talent wouldn't do at this down time in the ACC.

Is there a team with better talent that Dabo has beaten? He has 10 / 11 win seasons, is there an upset he pulled off over team with superior talent. That's coaching otherwise he is just doing what is expected with what he has.

Nov 25, 2012, 5:34 PM

Danny was a great coach? Maybe, but I don't remember him doing all that great at Arkansas.

He took over a pathetic program with a lot of internal issue

Nov 25, 2012, 5:43 PM

and was turning them around when they fired him. You would have seen a much different team had they given him another year or two. And talk to Ark fans, they will tell you there was more than jut bad football going on there when Ford arrived and there were a lot of hurdles for Ford away from the field that he had to deal with.

Actually he's not. We had a losing season in 2010, and lost

Nov 25, 2012, 5:37 PM [ in reply to Re: I can't believe that people are actually wanting Dabo ]

4 games last year, 4 beat downs in fact, to teams that a better coaching staff with our talent would have thumped.

And FYI, TB won 9 in 2007, Dabo won 10 last year plus 4 ugly blowouts, and 10 this year with two loses where we were dominated. All Dabo has done is win the games we should win THIS year. The GT and NC State loses last year we very bad losses. And the usc and WVu beat downs were unacceptable.

We are NOT much better under Dabo. We just look better because we blow out bad teams.

Nov 25, 2012, 5:04 PM

Just keep those IPTAY contributions coming Courtneyb78

Re: I would say next year we should expect...

Nov 25, 2012, 5:08 PM

In Cola? This year was a better chance.

I'm sorry but your definition of success ain't mine. We

Nov 25, 2012, 5:10 PM

should be winning 10 games with our talent and schedule. A high school coach could do what we're doing. Oh, wait ...

I see what you did there***

Nov 25, 2012, 5:30 PM

Nov 25, 2012, 5:10 PM

can't believe it...?

there is still quite a few of us that don't think he should ever been hired in the first place!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactl and he's done nothing to suggest we were wrong.***

Nov 25, 2012, 5:45 PM

That's the only way some people can handle a hurtful loss.

Nov 25, 2012, 5:21 PM

But all losses are hurtful. If Dabo left this job we would be worse off for it. I would hate to see Dabo leave. He may be 1-4 vs South Carolina and Spurrier may be 5-3 vs Clemson, but at the end of 2008 Spurrier was 1-3 vs Clemson. Dabo will get his wins in this series.

Hello McFly, Spurrier took over a bad program, Dabo took

Nov 25, 2012, 5:50 PM

over a program ready to burst into the top 10. We are no better under Dabo. Worse in some ways.

Losing season in 2010.
Four ugly losses in 2011.
Two ugly losses this year.
0-4 vs. usc

NO wins over teams that finished in the top 20, only a few over teams that finished in the top 25 and that was FSU and VT last year and they were not very good.

We have not gotten one bit better against teams we need to beat to regain any real respect.

Dabo took over a program in which the

Nov 25, 2012, 8:04 PM

head coach was fired on Monday morning after scoring 7 points on Wake Forest two days earlier. What color is the sky in your world?

"People" aren't. "Trailer-trash know-nothings" are.***

Nov 25, 2012, 6:09 PM

Re: I smell coot!! You love losing to them!!***

Nov 25, 2012, 6:40 PM

I want to puke...

Nov 25, 2012, 8:29 PM

You have no pride. Beating u on crappy teams takes no heart. Danny Ford wouldnt allow 4losses in a row like that.

Nov 25, 2012, 8:50 PM

Back to back 10 win seasons is a great accomplishment in college coaching. Frank Howard had a losing record against s. carolina and he stayed around 30 years. Be happy tiger fans for a ten win season with a possible 11. IMO glad to have Dabo as head coach. go Tigers.

Replies: 68
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic