Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
All glory to God...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

All glory to God...

Dec 15, 2020, 5:22 PM

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/30527193/florida-keyontae-johnson-talking-even-faced-team

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All glory to God...

Dec 15, 2020, 5:23 PM

Amen!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe a little glory could go to the doctors and nurses***

Dec 15, 2020, 5:37 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe a little glory could go to the doctors and nurses***

Dec 15, 2020, 6:06 PM

You think God wasn't behind everything the Dr's and nurses did ?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Romans 1

Dec 15, 2020, 6:10 PM

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Which one?

Dec 15, 2020, 6:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe a little glory could go to the doctors and nurses*** ]

I have not yet come across an article that mentions his medical staff's religious beliefs. For all we know, they could be Scientologists.

Zeus.***

Dec 15, 2020, 6:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

God can use scoffing, unbelieving heathen...

Dec 15, 2020, 8:13 PM [ in reply to Which one? ]

to do His will. He can even use you JD.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know. How DARE he give any credit, or express any

Dec 15, 2020, 6:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe a little glory could go to the doctors and nurses*** ]

gratitude to the doctors and nurses. He must really hate God. Probably a Satan worshipper.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

He didn't say CREDIT or GRATITUDE, he said GLORY....

Dec 15, 2020, 6:25 PM

HUGE difference!

Also, straw man fallacy.

Okay, I'll play along with the nonsense; please respond.....

Dec 15, 2020, 7:23 PM

Definition of Glory: Praise, honor, or distinction extended by common consent.

Would you not agree that the doctors and nurses treating this young man were deserving of at least a little praise, honor, or distinction?

Personally, I don't see why that needs to be qualified or argued (that was the point), but to each his own.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I cannot argue with that - - your point was well made!

Dec 15, 2020, 9:10 PM

I wholeheartedly agree that the men and women who helped this young man recover should receive honor and praise for their efforts, just as our Heavenly Father should be glorified in moments such as this.

My apologies for my response--it was not well thought out.

No problem - it's all good!

Dec 15, 2020, 11:32 PM

I know your heart was in the right place. Sorry if I over reacted as well.

- H. L. Mencken

And THIS, boys & girls, is what TNet USED to look like 10

Dec 16, 2020, 12:55 PM

years ago.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Dec 15, 2020, 6:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe a little glory could go to the doctors and nurses*** ]

Who was behind him having to be in the hospital to begin with?

Dec 15, 2020, 6:16 PM [ in reply to Maybe a little glory could go to the doctors and nurses*** ]

I prefer doctors who give all glory to God.

snowflakes are offended by the mention of God***

Dec 15, 2020, 6:43 PM [ in reply to Maybe a little glory could go to the doctors and nurses*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

God AND doctors and nurses played roles, and all

Dec 15, 2020, 7:34 PM

deserve glory (or praise, or honor, or credit, or recognition, whatever you want to call it). By saying that "maybe a little glory could go to doctors and nurses" in no way diminishes God's supreme role in this and all things, nor does it suggest that doctors and nurses are somehow on equal footing with God. It is simply acknowledging doctors and nurses, as well as GOD. The people who have a problem with that are the snowflakes here.

- H. L. Mencken

Agree to all your points but there is one over-riding point.

Dec 16, 2020, 8:51 AM

Doctors and Nurses their bests everyday in hospitals and ER rooms across the world but it is up to the plan of one entity as to whether their efforts will save a life or not. Which is why you'll hear more people say Praise the Lord instead of Praise Dr. Smith and Nurse Judy.

...also i think its still early and people love to pick apart every persons good intentioned statement on here b/c we're all still grumpy from the early morning wake up call.

Good Lawd-a-mercy! You are entirely, 100% missing the

Dec 16, 2020, 6:45 PM

point. I feel like I'm beating my head against a brick wall here. OF COURSE PEOPLE SAY "PRAISE THE LORD" AND NOT "PRAISE DOCTOR SMITH" BECAUSE OF THE REASONS YOU STATE!(Or at leat that's what I believe). Here's what is sailing right over your head: NOBODY IS DISPUTING THAT! NOBODY IS CHALLENGING THAT! NOBODY HAS SAID ANYTHING THAT QUESTIONS OR DIMMINISHES THAT IN ANY WAY!!! Why act as if somebody has? Why keep restating an argument against it? Why not just acknowledge the truth of JD's post, that doctors and nurses do deserve at least "a little" glory/credit/praise/whatever, and let it go at that?

- H. L. Mencken

Dec 15, 2020, 5:39 PM

Awesome

Prayers for a complete recovery.***

Dec 15, 2020, 5:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Dec 15, 2020, 6:10 PM

Absolutely wonderful news ..... best I have heard today!

Always!***

Dec 15, 2020, 6:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess Satan made him face plant the court.

Dec 15, 2020, 6:18 PM

Weird

Wonderful - so happy to hear this!!!***

Dec 15, 2020, 6:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Dec 15, 2020, 8:26 PM

Great news.

Dec 16, 2020, 9:17 AM

Are we praising God for this kid's inexplicable collaspe and near death? Or only for his moderate recovery?

Dec 16, 2020, 12:51 PM

JI_Tiger said:

Are we praising God for this kid's inexplicable collaspe and near death? Or only for his moderate recovery?

I posted this because read about and saw it on Sportscenter and it didn't look good..
He was put in a Medically induced coma..usually that is not good news..

Thank the lord(and the team of doctors and nurses) that this young man is making great progress...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2020, 7:21 PM [ in reply to Re: All glory to God... ]

It is sorta like a person holding a gun to your head and then praising them when they decide to let you live isn’t it?

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic