Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brownell=Muschamp
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,015

Brownell=Muschamp

Nov 27, 2019, 8:15 AM

Defensive minded coach who’s teams struggle on offense. We rarely have a chance to win if the game is not in the 60’s.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Especially when you only score 47

Nov 27, 2019, 8:18 AM

like you did against Witchita last night

Re: Especially when you only score 47

Nov 27, 2019, 8:36 AM

Six in a row coming Go Tigers

Re: Brownell=Muschamp

Nov 27, 2019, 8:50 AM

TinCup=UofSuC football - loser

I can see criticism of him in past, but I think this yr

Nov 27, 2019, 8:56 AM

He is really doing a decent job, thus far atleast, considering the makeup of this team. You have a team that lost 4 or 5 starters from last year, has 2 injuries to players expecting to contribute, and has a lot of youth. What were you expecting? Obviously nothing reasonable. He has done a good job of just getting this team ready, and they are hanging with and competing with some decent teams in TCU, Colorado, and VT even looks pretty good. We are recruiting better, but lets not confuse ourselves with Duke or UNCheat where we simply bring in polished/one and done type recruits. This year expectations have to be adjusted. You cant have the same expectations of this yrs team as you did last yr with a team full of upper classmen. Youth is going to make mistakes, and it certainly did several times last night.

Again I am right there with you with criticism of his past seasons. If you search my post history, you will find I have been very critical of him, and would not have been opposed to him being let go after last season. However, once the decision was made to retain him agree or not, I felt in turn the decision was basically giving him 2 years based on the roster make up unless he just falls flat. If you honestly look at the roster (yes I know this is his fault too, but remember the decision has already been made to retain him), you have to adjust your bar/expectations accordingly. Thus far this season, I think we are honestly doing better and are farther along than I expected this team to be at this point. Plus, Brownell seems to have finally been able to snag a few good recruits in back to back classes. I know this sounds cootish, but barring any transfers/defections, things are really looking bright for next season. We will bring back almost the entire team plus add 2 huge recruits to the mix. If things dont happen next season, I think the writing will be on the wall.

Re: I can see criticism of him in past, but I think this yr

Nov 27, 2019, 9:15 AM

His teams consistently have not been able to score points throughout his tenure. When we are in games against good teams they are always low scoring games.

Re: I can see criticism of him in past, but I think this yr

Nov 27, 2019, 4:04 PM [ in reply to I can see criticism of him in past, but I think this yr ]

This is a really sound evaluation to me.

Brownell took a team to the Sweet 16, and within a couple of buckets of the Elite 8. So obviously the assertion that Muschamp has ever touched that accomplishment is ridiculous.

Nov 27, 2019, 9:46 AM

Judge Keller ain’t going to like this......Go Tigers!!!!!

Defensive-minded is the ONLY thing Brad has in common

Nov 27, 2019, 10:53 AM

with that dirtpecker.

Get another cup; it's lead, not tin.

CRUMP!!!!!***

Nov 27, 2019, 4:14 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2019, 4:31 PM

Brownell is a principled man who runs a clean program and has at least had a history of success. In 9 years, we've seen the NCAAs 2 times and the NIT semifinals once and 4 NIT appearances... Recruiting has had a heartbeat this year that this program has not had since Purnell... I want to see if Brownell can win this year with arguably a crappy team, and make at least the NIT. I am impressed so far, we beat a decent TCU team and almost beat a top 25 team with 0 returning starters... Let's give the man a chance before calling him Muschamp... 2014 an NCAA appearance was stolen from him by KJ leaving for the NBA... Gee how horrible, Brownell developed a kid enough to where he is now a millionaire journeyman... I guarantee you not one of you complaining about Brownell designate your Iptay donation for basketball...

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,015
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic