Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NFL player Josh Brown beats on his wife
Other Sports Boards - The Pro Zone
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

NFL player Josh Brown beats on his wife

Oct 21, 2016, 11:52 AM

Where is the outrage America? Do women lives not matter? Colin Kaepernick takes a knee in silent protest during the Anthem, in effort to shed light on police brutality against all people and that infuriates people across America. For weeks on end that was the topic of conversation. This man beats on his wife and you don't even hear a squeak from anyone! I haven't even seen ESPN talk about it. I'm pretty sure they have but its not plastered on your tv screen like Colin Kaepernick or even Ray Rice.

All lives don't really matter?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/nancy-armour/2016/10/20/josh-brown-new-york-giants-wife-abuse/92459970/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NFL player Josh Brown beats on his wife

Oct 21, 2016, 11:56 AM

I saw it on TV last night. They interviewed his coach who said something along the lines of checking into the severity of it (not sure of his exact words, but close to this). The commentator went off on that saying that it should not matter how severe it was, that any abuse was unacceptable.

Oct 21, 2016, 11:56 AM

Good Lord! Because Kaepernick is a moron? Just guessing here.

Oct 21, 2016, 12:00 PM

Kap probably thinks Brown hired police to beat her

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2016, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Re: NFL player Josh Brown beats on his wife ]

Moron for exercising his first admenment right? After all it is America, right? Home of the free! Red, white, and blue!

To be fair

Oct 21, 2016, 12:12 PM

(And let me start by saying I really see no problem with his protest at all)

But, to be fair, exercising his first amendment right might not be the reason people think him an idiot, but rather they may be passing that judgment based on his position on the issue he is protesting.

There is a very real difference between saying "You're an idiot for protesting" and "You're an idiot for holding that position".

That said, I have zero problem with folks protesting the issues as they see them, they just have to recognize that the right to protest comes with the flipside that some folks aren't going to like there position and will make that known.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To be fair

Oct 21, 2016, 12:19 PM

I understand what you're saying. But you're telling me since he's a NFL QB his opinion isn't valued or it doesn't matter?

And props to you for having some kind of respect for Kaep. Unlike many other "American patriots"

I believe in the right to protest . . .

Oct 21, 2018, 1:17 PM

but with the ex-QB at San Fran, he used a national anthem which is played to honor our country and those who sacrificed everything for it to protest a few rogue cops. Not a smart move. That's the equivalent of me burning a flag because a a bunch of black beat up my kid for being white. Makes no sense and cost himself and the NFL millions. So instead of helping anyone really (outside of Nike) he just hurt the league. Way to go! Here's your sign.

Re: To be fair

Oct 21, 2016, 1:32 PM [ in reply to To be fair ]

I don't have any problems with Kaepernick protesting the out of control cops killing people everywhere that could have been taken without being killed. That is a very good issue to be protested against and I personally respect the position he has taken. My problem is that he doesn't have to make his protest by disrespecting the flag and anthem that men and women still put their lives on the line to keep the freedoms we have in this country under that flag and anthem. Americans has always stood in respect of our flag and anthem bc of what it represents. As long as that flag flies across America, it will always mean that we still have all of our rights and freedoms that our soldiers stand up and die for what the American flag stands for to all people in America. That Flag is the one thing that the citizens of our country should never use to make a point by disrespecting it. What he is doing, I personally feel it's a disrespect to our country's flag and national anthem, and to our country.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're either: 17 years old, learning disabled, unemployed,

Oct 21, 2016, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Re: NFL player Josh Brown beats on his wife ]

a USuC student, or some combination of the previously mentioned.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: You're either: 17 years old, learning disabled, unemployed,

Oct 21, 2016, 12:25 PM

23. Learning ability is fine. Employed and loving my job. You don't like my opinion so that makes me a dumbasz with no job?

Everybody doesn't have to agree with you Elvis.

Looking at the big picture.

Oct 21, 2016, 12:51 PM

Every time you post, it's something stupid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looking at the big picture.

Oct 21, 2016, 12:52 PM

It's stupid because you don't agree with it lol

Oct 21, 2016, 12:54 PM

No. It's stupid because it's STUPID.

Oct 21, 2016, 12:58 PM

But if I said something you agreed with it wouldn't be so stupid lol. Just admit it, you guys attack people when they don't say things you agree with, it never fails. This post was never about me so how did it turn to me being stupid? I struck one of your old asz nerves I guess.

Please answer my question as to why the tone of my skin have to do with anything.

It's because you've never posted anything insightful

Oct 21, 2016, 2:08 PM

or meaningful. It's all crap. Hence your <70 pulse.

Oct 21, 2016, 12:25 PM [ in reply to You're either: 17 years old, learning disabled, unemployed, ]

23. Learning ability is fine. Employed and loving my job. You don't like my opinion so that makes me a dumbasz with no job?

Everybody doesn't have to agree with you Elvis.

Oct 21, 2016, 12:31 PM

"Everybody doesn't have to agree with you Elvis."

lol

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Oct 21, 2016, 12:35 PM

I missed the comma before Elvis? Is that what you're laughing at? If so, you should think about getting some hookers tonight.

Like I said,

Oct 21, 2016, 12:52 PM

every time you post, it's something stupid.

"I missed the comma before Elvis? Is that what you're laughing at? If so, you should think about getting some hookers tonight."

?

Oct 21, 2016, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Re: You're either: 17 years old, learning disabled, unemployed, ]

Nope just pointing out the hypocrisy of your posting yet again.

Your boy Swag beat women too.

Oct 21, 2016, 12:20 PM

Where was your outrage?

Oct 21, 2016, 12:23 PM

lol the hypocrisy of standing up for SWAG the woman beater on here but getting upset this piece of garbage isnt getting much coverage.

Oct 21, 2016, 12:34 PM

Who's upset? I'm at work making 16+ BSing around on Tigernet. Life is great! I never said how I felt about Josh Brown, so you guys knowing how I feel is blowing my mind!

The NFL made an effort to figure out what happened

Oct 21, 2016, 12:23 PM

but the sheriff's office wouldn't cooperate. This happened before the Summer and they JUST got the documents where Brown admits to the abuse.

Oct 21, 2016, 12:35 PM

We're still talking about Kaepernick on TigerNet?

Oct 21, 2016, 12:36 PM

Y'all still talking about Louisville fans and their whining, soooo what's your point?

Oct 21, 2016, 12:39 PM

I haven't said a thing about Louisville but at least that relates to Clemson football. You're trying to draw a parallel between some jerk using our NATIONAL anthem as a vehicle to raise awareness for social injustices and some ######### punter that abuses his wife. So the real question is, what's YOUR point?

Oct 21, 2016, 12:43 PM

My point is in the OP. Where is the outrage for Brown vs Kaeps decision to kneel during YOUR anthem. Not mine.

Oct 21, 2016, 12:49 PM

Let me guess, you're black, right?

Oct 21, 2016, 12:50 PM

What does the color of my skin have to do with anything?

Let me guess, you're white, right?

Oct 21, 2016, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Re: NFL player Josh Brown beats on his wife ]

Honestly, that's a #### poor debate tactic you're using there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let me guess, you're white, right?

Oct 21, 2016, 12:56 PM

I wasn't debating anything. Just asking him a question.

Re: Let me guess, you're white, right?

Oct 21, 2016, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Let me guess, you're white, right? ]

And yes, I am white.

Oct 21, 2016, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Re: NFL player Josh Brown beats on his wife ]
IMG_8448.PNG(210.9 K)
IMG_8449.PNG(223.5 K)
IMG_8450.PNG(208.7 K)

I'm also not sure what rock you're living under but Josh Brown is being discussed ad nauseam. 100s of articles about the issue have been released in the last hour alone across a multitude of media channels. Check your tv antenna or dial-up connection.

Oct 21, 2016, 12:59 PM

Shhh dont confuse him.

Kaepernick needs to think about what that flag has done for

Oct 21, 2016, 12:39 PM

...him before taking a knee. America may not be perfect, but he's got it pretty good in comparison to where he might be if he had been born under some other flag here in America. Disrespecting our flag doesn't do anything to get me on his side about anything.

I wholeheartedly agree there's no reason on earth for a husband to beat his wife, no doubt. I suppose if Brown beat his wife on national TV for all of America to witness, I expect America would be a bit outraged.

2 things

Oct 21, 2016, 12:54 PM

1) The FLAG has never done anything for him. It's an inanimate object that serves as a symbol and as such it will be glorified by folks talking about the good things this nation has done and decried by folks talking about the nation's missteps and shortcomings. But lets not worship the symbol at the sake of bettering the nation.

and

2) One of the greatest things this nation has done for Kaepernick is to ensure his free-will to discuss, protest, and debate the shortcomings of this nation as he sees them.

In my estimation Kaepernick is wrong on many of his current talking points. Factually wrong, but he sees that differently. And as such he has every right to stand up (or sit down/take a knee) and express his views. He also has every right (responsibility) to catch the flack that comes from that. But I think we'd do a far sight better to step back from the visceral reaction many folks are having over his "disrespect" of an inanimate object and actually listen and converse with him about the actual issues.

Oct 21, 2016, 12:43 PM

Also what does this have to do with Clemson take it to the lounge.

No man. Beating your wife/girl is illegal.

Oct 21, 2016, 1:01 PM

The outrage and discussion over this happened a long time ago when it was made illegal.

There us nothing to debate.

What cap did is not ilegal and open for discussion.

More imporatant is the fact that you ain't going to sell advertisements talking about some football player hitting his girl.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Domestic violence has been in the public spotlight for

Oct 21, 2016, 1:13 PM

several years now. Where have you been?

Re: Domestic violence has been in the public spotlight for

Oct 21, 2016, 1:14 PM

Police brutality too. But that doesn't bother you as much

Sep 7, 2018, 8:31 PM

As long as he wasn't wearing NIKE when he did it.

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Other Sports Boards - The Pro Zone
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next