Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I hate ESPN but this found its way onto my computer screen
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

I hate ESPN but this found its way onto my computer screen

Oct 28, 2020, 6:07 AM

I hadn't seen it anywhere else before so I apologize in advance if its old news.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30203144/clemson-tigers-qb-trevor-lawrence-hints-staying-senior-season-rather-opting-nfl-draft

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I avoid ESPN at all costs, too

Oct 28, 2020, 6:20 AM

after their non-stop efforts to politicize sports. I know it doesn't matter to them, and they probably don't notice the metrics, but I went from clicking on their site at least 20 times a day to maybe 5 times a week (a reduction of around 97%). If 100,000-1,000,000 people do the same, they will notice. Maybe they'll blame COVID and the decrease in live events for it, but maybe they'll somehow notice that people just want to have some entertainment as a distraction to every day life.

That would be great for us if TL comes back. I won't be mad if he leaves, though.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I avoid ESPN at all costs, too

Oct 28, 2020, 7:16 AM

I think it would really mess up the "ecosystem" at QB if he came back

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I avoid ESPN at all costs, too

Oct 28, 2020, 7:38 AM

ClemTig16 said:

I think it would really mess up the "ecosystem" at QB if he came back

Agree. In the era of the transfer portal and paying a lawyer to get you immediately eligible I don’t know if TL staying another year is in the best interest of the program for next three years. Kind of sad because I’d love to have him slinging it to a more experienced set of receivers next year.

What?!?!? I don't care who the next QB is

Oct 28, 2020, 9:21 AM

Trevor Lawrence coming back 1 or 2 more years is absolutely the best thing and in the best interest of our program. He may actually be the best college QB to ever play the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I hate ESPN but this found its way onto my computer screen

Oct 28, 2020, 6:55 AM

I love ESPN. I like FS1 better though.

Oct 28, 2020, 9:28 AM

People on here with ESPN remind me of that person we've all seen on Facebook posting several times each day about their ex and how they're so totally over them.

I'd love it if Trevor came back for a final Senior year

Oct 28, 2020, 7:32 AM

especially since we are scheduled to open with the leg-humpers next year. But I doubt he is seriously considering staying another year.

Trevor will get his Clemson degree in December, is engaged to be married, and is a lock to earn life altering money in the first round of this years NFL draft. That being the case, I'm not sure why he would stay another year at Clemson unless he just hates the idea of playing for the Jets that much...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'd love it if Trevor came back for a final Senior year

Oct 28, 2020, 8:21 AM

I sure don't know what Trevor's true thoughts are, but agree with you that it is very unlikely that he comes back. There is no where to go but down from the #1 spot in the draft and he would still be looking at going to a bad team. I think he's bluffing a bit with the Jets. I'm not sure he's playing a strong hand. I would love to see him stay in a way, but we would probably lose DJ and probably are already looking at Taisun moving on. I think TL leaves. Who knows? Trevor is a different kind of guy, so it's possible he stays.

Oct 28, 2020, 8:28 AM

It is no more likely that what Travis did but look how that turned out

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2020, 8:34 AM

Yep. I was shocked when Travis decided to return. However, Travis now has improved his stock as he has demonstrated his value as a pass catcher. He now is almost assuredly going in the first round which was not a certainty at all before. Never say never though. I just don't see a #1 pick who has graduated and married choosing to come back, but I would have bet against CJ and Travis returning for sure.

Oct 28, 2020, 9:03 AM

ESPN has noticed. They are laying off people but I'm sure most are not the ones with the political voices. Their boss, Disney, has noticed too. They have had conversations.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2020, 9:26 AM

Does everybody have an extra year to player because of COVID-19? I realize Trevor could come back anyway because he is only a junior, but because of the pandemic wasn’t the ncaa extending eligibility?

Oct 28, 2020, 9:33 AM

They did, and to be honest I think that decision helps our competition more than it helps us. For the most part, guys like Trever Lawrence are going to leave anyway, just as most other guys going within the first few rounds of the draft. It's also doubtful that ETN would return for another year after already doing that once.

On the other hand, a team with several seniors who aren't looking at going very high in the draft could set themselves up for a special season next year with potentially their entire team returning.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic