Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Yesterday someone posted that buffalo springfield.......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Yesterday someone posted that buffalo springfield.......

Jan 22, 2021, 3:24 PM

strawberry alarm clock and the beach boys played a concert in fike on april 7, 1968. I was surprised to see this because I was a freshman and had not missed any concerts that year and I never heard of this one. So, I looked up the concert history of all three groups and on april 7, 1968, the 3 groups played Township auditorium, Columbia, S.C........not Clemson. This is not to diminish in any way the fact that in my years at clemson, I was privileged to see many great groups of the times, including 3 dog night, chicago, steppenwolf, gary puckett, the Allmans, steam, the four seasons, rod stewart, etc. And for those that love music, check out clemson’s St. Valentine’s day pop festival and the group lineup. Went from 9 in the morning until midnight in Littlejohn. February 14, 1970, I believe.

https://www.concertarchives.org/bands/buffalo-springfield

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you really went down the rabbit hole for that one!***

Jan 22, 2021, 3:26 PM

Lol, it caught my attention because.......

Jan 22, 2021, 4:05 PM

I would be extremly pi$$ed if I had missed buffalo springfield......in Clemson!

Guess it depends on which site you look at

Jan 22, 2021, 4:05 PM

https://www.angelfire.com/rock3/deliverin/BUFFALOSPRINGFIELD/buffaloshows.htm

I need some LSD to read that flyer they have posted for the show they say was in Clemson. I do see where it says “field house” but that’s all I can make for a location

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I attached that flyer to see if any of you can get more out

Jan 22, 2021, 4:09 PM

of it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I attached that flyer to see if any of you can get more out

Jan 22, 2021, 4:14 PM

I would have liked Clemson more if we had Buffalo Trace in my years there. I’m making up for it today,

Jan 22, 2021, 4:31 PM

I would have liked Clemson more if we had Buffalo Trace in my years there. I’m making up for it today,

When I was at Clemson, even pooling our cash, we could only afford Early Times.

Jan 22, 2021, 4:33 PM

Early times are Happy Times!

I used to keep spare change in the car ashtray...

Jan 22, 2021, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Re: I attached that flyer to see if any of you can get more out ]

After an all night bender, a buddy of mine and I woke-up hungry so we headed to Del Taco. Between the two of us, we could only manage to scrape-up enough change for one combo meal which included two tacos, fries and a drink. Thankfully, one of the workers knew my buddy. She felt sorry for us so she gave us six more tacos for free.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jan 22, 2021, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Re: I attached that flyer to see if any of you can get more out ]

Hey now FT.....no Trace sipping w/o me

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Jan 22, 2021, 5:51 PM

I was in our favorite state monitored store yesterday but left empty handed. I’ll let you know when a shipment is delivered. If you get “desperate” I have five fifths!

The date is April 5th to the 7th...

Jan 22, 2021, 4:17 PM [ in reply to I attached that flyer to see if any of you can get more out ]

In addition to Buffalo Springfield, it also list Strawberry Alarm Clock, the Beach Boys, The Spinners, The Sensational Epics, Rhodes Scholars, and Jon and Robin among others.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah - it's advertising 3 concerts on consecutive days with

Jan 22, 2021, 5:32 PM

Buffalo playing on the 7th. Does "CBA" (bottom left corner) represent anything Clemson related?

Is there a chance it was all cancelled due to MLK's assassination?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CDA was the Central Dance Association

Jan 23, 2021, 9:09 AM

and was responsible for bringing a lot of concerts to Clemson.

https://www.clemsonwiki.com/wiki/Central_Dance_Association

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That makes my head hurt!

Jan 22, 2021, 4:30 PM [ in reply to I attached that flyer to see if any of you can get more out ]

Probably need to be intoxicated to properly absorb the material........

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Little to win but nothing to lose ...

Jan 22, 2021, 8:34 PM [ in reply to I attached that flyer to see if any of you can get more out ]

https://youtu.be/_7IDXaxxLGY

The hot pants and mini skirt era -- before my time.

Ed King was one of the original members of The SAC...

Jan 23, 2021, 10:20 AM

When the band broke-up in the early 70's, Ed King would join an up-and-coming band called Lynyrd Skynyrd.

King would leave Lynyrd Skynyrd roughly a year and-a-half before the infamous plane crash that claimed the lives of six people (three band members, the road manager, and both pilots).

Of course, the plane crash occurred after the band left a concert in Greenville, SC en route to its next show in Baton Rouge, LA.

Re: Yesterday someone posted that buffalo springfield.......

Jan 22, 2021, 4:30 PM

They definitely played Fike field house. Not sure of the date but was either 1967 or '68. I was there. Buffalo Springfield were great, Strawberry Alarmclock were OK and the Beach Boys really blew it, trying to go psycedelic that year. The absolute best concert that I ever saw at Clemson was I believe in 1973 in Little John and featured Carlos Santana.

I think my best was Fleetwood Mac in the late 80's. Had

Jan 22, 2021, 4:35 PM

floor seats in Littlejohn and it was a great show. Did enjoy the Stones in Death Valley. Also enjoyed the B-52's in the baseball stadium.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The B-52's at BTF...

Jan 22, 2021, 5:07 PM

Their equipment kept overloading the circuits and knocking-out the power.

I thought Kate Pierson was hot and I was hitting on her after the show.

She was nice but clearly not nearly as interested in me as I was in her. I later found out she was married to some artsy-fartsy guy.

I think she plays for the other team now.

Jan 23, 2021, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Yesterday someone posted that buffalo springfield....... ]

The worst concert was when Dionne Warwick tried to sing drunk and/or high. Sang a few songs and bye-bye.

Jan 22, 2021, 4:53 PM

Not sure of the date but they did play at Clemson...I think it was a Sunday. I went the BB ...not the other two groups

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2021, 5:43 PM

Hey - I was there. The Buffalo Springfield drummer threw what he called "buffalo drumsticks" into the audience, and Strawberry Alarm Clock complained about the sound system.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was surprised that Deep Purple was in Clemson in 72

Jan 22, 2021, 6:50 PM

A bit before my time but I was there when the Stones came through in 89. Didnt make the concert, but it didnt matter because I could hear them CLEAR AS DAY from my front porch in Central, FIVE miles away

Re: I was surprised that Deep Purple was in Clemson in 72

Jan 22, 2021, 7:17 PM

Fortunately I was there. It was their Honkytonk Woman Tour. I was amazed at how well they played and sounded. I knew I was at a Stones' concert by the MJ wafting through the air. During one of their songs, one young lady right in front of us got so excited, she pulled off her sweatshirt. Even in little old Clemson. lol

Also saw the Eagles at Death Valley during that time. My only regret was not buying tickets for the Moody Blues concert--during their Division Bell Tour. Luckily, I was able to hear the concert from my deck. I still kick myself for not going.

Ah, those were the days. . . .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Division Bell? You must mean Pink Floyd, not the Moodys.

Jan 22, 2021, 7:19 PM

I have seen The Eagles in concert three times. First time

Jan 23, 2021, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Re: I was surprised that Deep Purple was in Clemson in 72 ]

was at Frank McQuire arena (Carolina Coliseum) 1974(?) for the "One of these Nights" tour. I bought the most expensive tickets in the house, cost a whopping $17.50 each.

Second time was right after "Long Road from Eden" came out, ~2009. Tix were $130 each.

The last time was on the first tour where Vince Gill was with them after Glenn Frey passed away. Had to get those tix off StubHub. When they got done adding fees, it was over $400 a ticket. Ouch.

Pretty sure I'll just have to be happy with seeing them on Blu-Ray from now on.

Jan 23, 2021, 10:47 AM

Recently I remembered seeing those groups when I was a student at DearOle Clemson. So i looked up the beach boys concert schedule to find that they were in fact there.
Neil Young was with buffalo springfield then.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Jan 23, 2021, 1:24 PM

Not sure of the dates, but was @ buffalo springfield, strawberry alarm clock and the beach boys @ Fike and chicago/steppenwolf @ Littlejohn.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic