Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I assume you outstanding citizens are now wearing TWO masks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

I assume you outstanding citizens are now wearing TWO masks

Jan 26, 2021, 1:26 PM

this is the new recommended standard, ya know.

I'm going with three, just to show I'm even more caring than you mongoloids are.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/25/dr-fauci-double-mask-during-covid-makes-common-sense-more-effective.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#TeamThreeMasks

Jan 26, 2021, 1:29 PM

double masks are for loosers and pores

I think Lakebum1® called this one

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Indeed, once you saw our political elite rocking two

Jan 26, 2021, 1:35 PM

Masks you knew it was coming. My personal conspiracy theory is that it began as an attempt to cover up their somewhat useful N95’s so that the poors didn’t catch on to the fact their homemade masks are useless. Now it doubles as a convenient way to virtue signaling.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I double-bagged on Friday

Jan 26, 2021, 1:40 PM

when I went for my annual physical. Surgical mask under a cloth one. I noticed the doc and nursing staff were doing the same, so why not? ¯\_(?)_/¯

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I double-bagged with your mom on Friday

Jan 26, 2021, 4:14 PM

And figured I already tried that joke earlier, so why not?!?!?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have two dads.***

Jan 26, 2021, 4:17 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How did they conceive a child?***

Jan 26, 2021, 4:36 PM

1 identified as able to get preggars keep up man***

Jan 26, 2021, 8:20 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anything is possible if you put your mind to it

Jan 26, 2021, 9:27 PM

and also your innard lady parts.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Beatie

Seems like overkill to me.

Jan 26, 2021, 1:40 PM

Given what I wear to go out of the house now, I mean.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not too different than the ones

Jan 26, 2021, 1:48 PM

lawmakers were given during the peaceful protests at the US Capitol:

https://www.newsday.com/news/nation/capitol-lockdown-gas-masks-1.50111275

no, no and no

Jan 26, 2021, 1:41 PM

I was at the ENT two weeks ago, and he says, "just take the mask off, we don't really need them".

Ok doc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wife is a nurse at the hospital and she swears they're just

Jan 26, 2021, 1:54 PM

show.

I'm skeptical for sure, but she openly chastises me for wearing them in public and only wears them when it's absolutely necessary (like a store employee asks her to put one on or something like that). She doesn't go all anti-mask Karen... if somebody asks her to put one on, she does, but she makes them ask. Not to mention, she's been vaccinated, so it is 100% about virtue signaling for her at this point.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Sometimes its easier to get along just by going along***

Jan 26, 2021, 1:58 PM

Yep. That's my stance.

Jan 26, 2021, 2:12 PM

It does feel nice to walk around with out one on, though.

I usually don't wear one in the local bait shop, but wear one in the grocery store. I consider it a reasonable compromise.

Lake World?

Jan 26, 2021, 2:20 PM

I wore one last time I went in there.

JC Outdoors.***

Jan 26, 2021, 2:29 PM

Did she feel the same about masks in the hospital

Jan 26, 2021, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Wife is a nurse at the hospital and she swears they're just ]

pre-pandemic? Because they've been in use for a fair piece now, and this pandemic is the first I've heard of people thinking they have no legitimate use.

Not sure. She probably told me, but I just don't recall.***

Jan 26, 2021, 2:13 PM

I think masks, obviously, have their place. But if you

Jan 26, 2021, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Did she feel the same about masks in the hospital ]

think wearing a mask inside a restaurant to walk 10 feet to your table is protecting yourself or anyone, then you're crazy.

Same in a grocery store type setting.

In a surgical setting or dental hygienist when she's getting spit on, then obviously a mask is going to be very beneficial.

If you and your family are chilling in the den together watching a football game for 3 hours and wearing a mask...that ain't stopping the virus unless you are all legitimately wearing proper fitting n95's, and even then the virus is smaller than the filter.

I think I already tested this in Sunday school

Jan 26, 2021, 3:10 PM

So some of us were wearing masks and some of us were not. This is a small room with just one chair between persons.

At least 3 of us were wearing masks (surgical or homemade) did not contract the virus.

At least 3 others were not wearing masks did contract the virus.

That's enough data for me, but I ain't H8N....too much.

Also, my wife opens the door at a high school and approx 600 students walk right by here each day. Of course she is wearing a mask. Maybe we are lucky, but very thankful we haven't (to our knowledge) contracted it yet.

Yep, time duration matters for sure.

Jan 26, 2021, 3:14 PM

If you're in a conference room or car for 30 minutes...wearing a mask makes sense.

If you're talking 3 hours...can't imagine that it matters.

Bottom line... I'm just gonna lay low and do whatever the sign on the door tells me to do even if it seems dumb cause I'm a people pleaser.

100% virtue signaling b/c vaccinated?

Jan 26, 2021, 2:03 PM [ in reply to Wife is a nurse at the hospital and she swears they're just ]

Vaccination means you shouldn't get really sick from it. Verdict is still out on ability to carry and transmit after vaccination.

Disturbing that a nurse wouldn't want to wear a mask when the situation calls for it.

Disturbed?

Jan 26, 2021, 2:14 PM

Well she's married to me, so I'd say that's a fair diagnosis.

I got a friend who says the exact same

Jan 26, 2021, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Wife is a nurse at the hospital and she swears they're just ]

except she isn't a nurse, she is a stay at home mom. She thinks masks are a waste and that the Lord will protect her.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny, I know a guy

Jan 26, 2021, 2:16 PM

that will tell you that masks are the government's way of controlling you. That's all it is. Control.

Every government. CON. TROL.

This guy is a doctor. A PHD in far right extremism. Wouldn't be surprised if he was in DC a few weeks ago. Oh, and for his day work he is a small business owner. Non-medical, of course.

I have to fight VERY HARD to repress my urge to

Jan 26, 2021, 2:28 PM

think that it's about control. I know it doesn't seem logical, but there's something deep down in my soul that tells me that's the case. There's probably medicine for that.

I haven't found the line yet where seatbelts are reasonable

Jan 26, 2021, 2:22 PM [ in reply to I got a friend who says the exact same ]

and on one side of "safe to use" then masks are on the other side or "not necessary". Something in between there divides the two sides.

Interesting.

Jan 26, 2021, 2:26 PM

I wear a seatbelt religiously. Wife has to be reminded nearly constantly. She swears that she wears them other than when I'm in the car (???) but nearly every time we go somewhere together I remind her. I chalk that up to pure laziness.

We went bowling with the kids on Friday night, just to get out and do something (not our normal activity).

I philosophised that there are two types of people.... those who go bowling on friday night in Lexington, and people who wear masks. There is no overlap in that Vinn Diagrahm.

Venn***

Jan 26, 2021, 2:40 PM

VENN

Jan 26, 2021, 4:57 PM

I appreciate your friend's confidence in me.

Jan 26, 2021, 3:07 PM [ in reply to I got a friend who says the exact same ]

I mean, assuming she meant warLORD.

Sorry, I misspelled it. She believes Lorde will protect her

Jan 26, 2021, 3:39 PM

because that song Royals was absolutely bangin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFasFq4GJYM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wife is a nurse at the hospital and she swears they're just

Jan 26, 2021, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Wife is a nurse at the hospital and she swears they're just ]

I know a lot of paralegals who think they can try a case too***

Jan 26, 2021, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Wife is a nurse at the hospital and she swears they're just ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. And I know plenty of mechanics that think they can

Jan 26, 2021, 2:22 PM

engineer.

Some can, maybe better than me, but most are full of shiz.

I probably am somewhat at fault for her stance. I'm pretty skeptical of anything from the government, media, etc. But I'll wear a mask, recycle, wash my hands after peeing just like any sane individual. Mostly because it's easier to just do what "The Man" says and avoid the hassle.

My skepticism has rubbed off on her, but she thrives on conflict (too much reality TV, I suppose), so this sort of stuff is right up her alley. Fighting with fellow retards on facebook among other things.

She'd love the P&R board if I didn't get her banned years ago.

Well, to be fair, I've tried a lot of cases over the years

Jan 26, 2021, 3:09 PM [ in reply to I know a lot of paralegals who think they can try a case too*** ]

myself. Miller High Life, Schlitz, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Old Milwaukee, the list goes on...won a few, lost a few.

Bro, I watched Will Hunting run circles around a judge once.

Jan 26, 2021, 3:16 PM [ in reply to I know a lot of paralegals who think they can try a case too*** ]

Will Hunting ain't passed the BAR, but he know a little bit.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He good***

Jan 26, 2021, 4:27 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You like apples?

Jan 26, 2021, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Bro, I watched Will Hunting run circles around a judge once. ]

boom. roasted.

For you morans and liberals (is that redundant?) you do

Jan 26, 2021, 3:29 PM

realize that the efficacy of the masks is not additive. If you wear 2 N95 masks you do not get 190% filtration efficiency.

On the flip side, gaiters do almost nothing and face shields, sans a face mask, does absolutely nothing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

The thing that people MOST fail to realize is that the virus

Jan 26, 2021, 3:42 PM

cannot penetrate duct tape. Yet, I see almost NOBODY wrapping their heads in duct tape, which means they don't understand the science of virusology.

You know it's a big joke when we go a whole year with mask

Jan 26, 2021, 3:58 PM

mandates and don't hear a single peep advocating for papier mache masks, despite their long history of effectiveness.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually, I can't think of even a single instance of

Jan 26, 2021, 4:06 PM

any Halloween trick or treater contracting Covid-19, yet the efficacy of Halloween masks have yet to be discussed by any public health official.

Wellsir, lemme ask you something.

Jan 26, 2021, 3:53 PM [ in reply to For you morans and liberals (is that redundant?) you do ]

And I'm not a liberal nor a moran nor an advocate of wearing masks beyond was has been recommended (indoors, within 6 feet for an extended period of time).

Efficacy is not additive? I mean, understand not being 190% effective. Totally.

But like you would agree that a gaiter < a regular cloth mask < N95 right?

So it seems like it would be reasonable to think that 2 of the above would be MORE protective than 1. How much more? I dunno.

There ain't a scenario on earth where I can see myself wearing 2 masks.

Now if I end up having to ride the 7 train in NYC back and forth to work everyday, I very well would wear 2 masks. And maybe 3. And that's PREPANDEMIC.

Meet the Mets, everyone come out and greet the Mets.***

Jan 26, 2021, 4:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ima go out on a limb here and guess that...

Jan 26, 2021, 4:04 PM [ in reply to For you morans and liberals (is that redundant?) you do ]

you don't know w t f you're talking about.

I'm not saying what is right and what is not, but making a blanket statement that wearing 2 masks, of any form, is not better than wearing 1 is a pretty broad statement which you have no way of knowing. The fact that you typed "190% filtration efficiency" supports my point here I think.

This is definitely not my area of expertise, but as an engineer, I can certainly imagine a type of mask where wearing 2 of them or 1 of them plus 1 of a different kind could increase spread prevention by the mask wearer.

Don’t bother, his rage against the vast global liberal

Jan 26, 2021, 4:10 PM

conspiracy prevents any sort of factual information penetrating his thick noggin

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

FWIW....I work in the development of disposable medical

Jan 26, 2021, 4:20 PM

products.

While I may have a thick skull (just ask Ms. Wilbur), I feel knowledgeable enough to speak to this matter.

Sue me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Yet you say such moronic stuff about the field you work in***

Jan 26, 2021, 4:27 PM

uhh...but not in anything to do with filtration, right?***

Jan 26, 2021, 4:31 PM [ in reply to FWIW....I work in the development of disposable medical ]

Then might I suggest

Jan 26, 2021, 4:32 PM [ in reply to FWIW....I work in the development of disposable medical ]

If you had started off with, I work in the field and doubling up or adding a homemade mask over a N95 is not going to provide additional protection you might have been taken more seriously than trying to turn it into some political gotcha. I see very few N-95 masks on people, it’s usually the blue paper ones or something made out of an old t-shirt, based on what I know about air flow, combining those 2 things has to be better than just one.

For what it’s worth, I’d think knuckleheads wearing 2 masks would be good for business or do you hate money?

Here’s a hug.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

The "blue paper" ones are actually a 3 layer surgical mask

Jan 26, 2021, 5:13 PM

The filter media is a microfiber electret treated meltblown polypropylene. That does the filtration and provides the efficacy of the mask up to 90 - 95% efficiency.

A cloth mask does very little - adding another does about the same.

Point is, if your wearing an N95 mask, adding another is not

Jan 26, 2021, 4:18 PM [ in reply to Ima go out on a limb here and guess that... ]

gonna make it 100%.

you could make that point without calling people names.

Jan 26, 2021, 4:25 PM

Also, I don't see where anyone postulated that.

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Yea, but who's gonna take the word of a guy who's

Jan 26, 2021, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Ima go out on a limb here and guess that... ]

avatar is a freaking picture of a MASK?!??!?!? We're on to you, Flow.

Sorry man. I can't take the word of someone who says

Jan 26, 2021, 5:42 PM [ in reply to For you morans and liberals (is that redundant?) you do ]

flushable wipes don't cause a problem in sewer systems, because I've seen it. Those things are about as flushable as a tennis ball.

Then why are Hepa filters pleated?

Jan 26, 2021, 6:04 PM [ in reply to For you morans and liberals (is that redundant?) you do ]

More media = better filtration?

I wear a mask only if required and then it's..............

Jan 26, 2021, 4:38 PM

a NY Yankee gaiter which someone said above doesn't work.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

these people ar #$#$#$& nuts!***

Jan 26, 2021, 6:27 PM

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic