Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Finishing story---Can't thank you T'netters enough
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Finishing story---Can't thank you T'netters enough

Jan 29, 2021, 5:37 AM

A good many of you will remember me posting about my 97yo Mom testing positive for Covid and then the Virus running rampant in her living facility in Rock Hill. After the positive rate passed 80% facility wide for residents and 65% for staff, I just couldn't post on the subject anymore as it was to painful. Received many prayers from the Tiger Family and some higher power also as my Mother fought bravely not to leave. Fast forward a month or so, I really can't remember, as much of the time I wasn't sleeping good. Well, with all the blessings and other things my Mom tested negative last week just before her 98th birthday and seems to be 100%. I have only been able to see her (behind glass) twice in the past year as the lockdown continues. I do get to talk to her everyday again, as she still has her cell. Surely one day all this crap will be behind us.......I hope. You will never know my amount of gratitude to all of you. Thanks forever

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

I am so sorry you have had to deal with this....

Jan 29, 2021, 6:24 AM

But also very glad your Mom is doing well. I will now pray that soon you get to visit and give her a huge hug.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Somewhat related, I am looking to get my parents into an

Jan 29, 2021, 6:56 AM

Assisted Living center. In their mid 80's they still live in the same house they have for the last 54 years, yet still manage to function fairly well.

They agree that they need to go to a smaller place where they can get some monitoring or assistance, yet they refuse to move right now because of the lockdown measures some of their friends have had to go through.
My mother's biggest fear is being locked away, unable to see her grandchildren. They also don't want to be confined to an apartment, forced to eat in their rooms and forbidden to see anyone around them.

98 years is impressive. My father's friend was 91 when he fought through Covid while nursing a broken hip. Some people are just tough(with the help of good genes).

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Somewhat related, I am looking to get my parents into an

Jan 29, 2021, 9:34 AM

Be glad that your parents agree on the need to go into assisted living. My father (both parents now deceased) was in the first stages of dementia, and my mom knew they needed to go into assisted living. Daddy was dead set against it. I still remember my mom looking him in the eye and telling him "I've done my best to take care of you for over 60 years of our marriage. I just can't do it alone anymore." That is the only thing that finally convinced him to go.

He still hated it, and died of congestive heart failure only three days after moving in.

My mom moved back home, lived there for five more years, and then spent the last three years of her life in the same assisted living facility.

Eveyone's case is different.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Incredible story. Awesome to read your mom has almost

Jan 29, 2021, 7:17 AM

recovered. Continued prayers for her full recovery!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Finishing story---Can't thank you T'netters enough

Jan 29, 2021, 7:22 AM

Got her in our prayers and sending positive thoughts her way - God Bless Brother!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Jan 29, 2021, 7:47 AM

Great news 2k. I’m betting that toughness runs in the family. Hope to see you soon. I look for you everyday when I visit Alexander.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2021, 5:43 PM

Great news 2k. I’m betting that toughness runs in the family. Hope to see you soon. I look for you everyday when I visit Alexander.

I want to see you too FT.....just don't be around my Trace Stash.

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Jan 29, 2021, 8:01 AM

Got you covered 2K. The power of prayer does indeed work!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Being separated from family sux!

Jan 29, 2021, 8:24 AM

Here’s to your mom holding her boy close very soon!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2021, 8:46 AM

I'm glad to hear she has recovered. My grandmother is 95 and in a similar situation in Florence. She contracted COVID over the summer and was in the hospital for a couple of weeks--we thought for sure she was done for. Somehow she pulled through, although she's now permanently bedridden because of it and, honestly, her quality of life sucks. I can't decide if it was miraculous or cruel that she survived.

It has been extremely difficult on my mom (her next of kin) not being able to visit for months, then only being able to visit outdoors for 15 minute intervals in full PPE, and now back to not being able to visit at all. So I sympathize greatly with you. I wish the best for your mom and your family.

Jan 29, 2021, 9:33 AM

Much respect and prayers for a tough son and tougher lady!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2021, 6:15 PM

Thanks for the update, will continue to pray.

Jan 29, 2021, 8:23 PM

I know it's been tough for you and your family during this period of uncertainty but we all can rejoice over this good news And hope things return to some degree of normalcy real soon.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2021, 8:31 PM

Somewhere, somebody listened to a bunch of Clemson People praying you and your mother. I’m so happy to hear that brother. The gift of time couldn’t be sweeter. Much love brother. Tell mom I said she needs to stay healthy, stay happy ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2021, 11:28 PM

Praying for good health for your mom, 2k. So sorry that you're not allowed to hold her hand or hug her due to this Covid crisis but thankful that you are able to speak with her daily. God bless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2021, 3:47 AM

Good story yet a reality check. My parents are getting up there in 70s. Father is a disabled vet. We ended up in SC after my father exited military and we left Fort Bragg. SC is my home, been here since elementary school, few yrs ago my last grandparent in Iowa wanted help and my parents felt obligated, sold everything, sold their beautiful retirement home on 7ac, small camp spot for family to use with swimming pool. But decided to move to help my grandfather. He died early in 2020 with respiratory issues that he had never had and it was before Covid became a problem. They are now ready to move south, but I lost the family due to moving, then lost opportunity to interact personally due to Covid and travel, and now their opportunity to buy, build and move have all been put on hold due to Covid and their age. So, I have lost my ability to have family time and it has been delayed due to covid. Point being, dont take family for granted, can be taken at any point due to health but I have been displaced from family due to virus and now I am concerned their financial opportunity will be substantially hindered as interest rates are projecting up and fuel prices are increasing. This disease is horrible in ways we can't imagine. Now it's against the law to call it Wuhan or China flu because Biden is signing these executive orders as fast as they can be printed.

Very happy to read this news. Best wishes to

Jan 30, 2021, 4:01 AM

your Mother, you and your family.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic