Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am pleased with the outcome of the SC/UGA game.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

I am pleased with the outcome of the SC/UGA game.

Oct 13, 2019, 7:26 AM

1) Georgia just got dealt a huge blow to any dream that they had of winning a national championship this year.

2) SC is still not a good team. They won the game because of stupid turnovers committed by UGA. Georgia dominated them in total yardage, time of possession and first downs. The win was a fluke.

3) Muschamp’s chances of getting fired during or after this season just dropped dramatically.

I know this a game where almost all of us hoped both teams would lose. While that technically can’t happen on the scoreboard in reality it did. I remember back in the preseason everyone was saying that Muschamp needed to win one of the games between UGA, TAMU, Bama and Clemson to show that the program is heading in the right direction. I think the win over UGA coupled with their 21 point loss to us has insured that SC will retain their terrible coach for the foreseeable future. The outcome was a win for Tiger fans everywhere yesterday.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the Cluckers' offense scored just 1 TD

Oct 13, 2019, 7:34 AM

the other was a beautiful Fromm Pick-6.

This was truly a 2-mules-and-a turnip game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am pleased with the outcome of the SC/UGA game.

Oct 13, 2019, 7:45 AM

They won the game because they totally outplayed uga. I honestly believe if hellinski wasn’t hurt they’d have won easily in regulation... oh, that and the refs really did make some bad calls.

I wouldn’t say uga had stupid turnovers, two of those int’s were great catches by an inspired team. Uga shouldn’t have any hope of getting in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those guys did play their hearts out.

Oct 13, 2019, 7:55 AM

However, you rarely win whenever you get thoroughly dominated statistically the way they did. UGA is a better team. SC is still not very good but they aren’t terrible either. Either way it was a win/win for Tiger fans for the reasons listed above.

To another one of your points SC should’ve won in regulation. The refs had some home cooking going on for UGA. They totally robbed SC a few times. Bad PI call. Horrible spot that caused SC to punt. Muschamp should’ve challenged that the spot on that one but he didn’t.

Oct 13, 2019, 7:54 AM

While I too like the outcome, the pundits at eSECpn said Georgia could still get in if they win out( including the SECCG). Don't think it will happen as Florida, despite the loss at LSU will beat Georgia on a neutral site.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They will lose again***

Oct 13, 2019, 7:59 AM

Re: They will lose again***

Oct 13, 2019, 8:40 AM

Well don't forget that Herbie lobbied hard for that 2 loss team last year to get into the playoffs. Will probably do the same thing this year.

How did that work out for him?

Oct 13, 2019, 8:47 AM

The committee doesn’t think like delusional fans or the analysts that cater to them. It’s not the committee’s job to determine who the best four teams are. It’s their job to put the most logical four team playoff scenario together to determine who the best team is. The goal is to produce an undisputed national champion. UGA with two losses was clearly not the best team in the country.

Oct 13, 2019, 10:01 AM

tnet needs to put you on as a contributing sports writer/reporter. Great points ‘16! ????????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Yep, yep,

Oct 13, 2019, 10:09 AM

and yep.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic