Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am not a fan of Brownell
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

I am not a fan of Brownell

Mar 7, 2020, 7:59 AM

But I think we showed significant improvement this year as we were able to beat many basketball powerhouses. We lost games we shouldn’t have, but that is just part of the process (as it was with football). We finally have a couple talented incoming freshman that should stick around for a few years and create a consistent nucleus for the team.

I know this sounds like a broken record, but I actually wanted to get rid of Brownell before this season. This season showed glimpses of what we could be.

Next year is do or die. Tourney or pack your bags Brownie. I will personally lead the Burn The Brownie campaign if we have a disappointing year next season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: I am not a fan of Brownell

Mar 7, 2020, 8:07 AM

After last season and what we had on the roster coming back I thought for sure we win maybe 10 games this year. Did CBB exceed MY expectations this year? Absolutely. Do we truly want a 15-15 team 10 years in? Not really.

It's all on DRad at this point to see if he has a backbone.

Mar 7, 2020, 8:09 AM

I concur!!

Mar 7, 2020, 8:13 AM

I agree. One last radio to see.

The conference is down and UNC is the worst

Mar 7, 2020, 8:21 AM

it's EVER been.

We still beat them in Chapel Hill, something that’s never been done.

Mar 7, 2020, 9:58 AM

I don’t know why some of our “fans” seem to be going out of their way to discount our win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Mar 7, 2020, 8:41 AM

I agree but these last 2 games were very disappointing.

Mar 7, 2020, 9:08 AM

The team is hurting for players. Recruiting is a part of coaching. Hopefully, next year will be better. I say give Brad one more year. The last two games were hard to watch. The Virginia Teach game was just plain bad coaching. You can not hit the 3 pointer, but continue to take them and miss allowing VT to get long rebounds and go on fast breaks. Plus, the ball should have gone inside where Clemson had a decided size advantage.

10 years in losing a bunch of games we shouldn't is not

Mar 7, 2020, 9:26 AM

"part of the process". I'll buy the process the first couple of seasons. Winning 3 big games means diddly poo if you can't win anything else.

That is an awfully low bar - making the NCAAs in year 11

Mar 7, 2020, 9:36 AM

for just the second time with any of your players.

Just shows how far our expectations have sunk under Brownell. That's probably why we lost last night to a team with nothing to play for but pride on OUR home floor.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most likely scenario...

Mar 7, 2020, 11:10 AM

This not being a hot seat year, plus an on-paper over performance based on pre-season expectations, Brownell will absolutely be back for next season, one with legitimate NCAA tourney expectations. Even the Judge Kellers of the world can attest to that, and embrace that challenge.

And guess what? If it plays out to form, with the added pressure, we will make the NCAAs, and might even make a little noise next season. Expect a contract extension at that point plus enhanced buyout (because the demand for 11 year turnaround artists in NCAAM is so big), pushing Brad at least two more guaranteed seasons beyond that. The first of those will be a disappointment following the NCAAT run, upping the ante and heat for 22-23. Expect us to overperform that year though, starting the cycle over. Rinse and repeat.

Viva la Brad.

Go Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Most likely scenario...

Mar 7, 2020, 11:24 AM

This not being a hot seat year, plus an on-paper over performance based on pre-season expectations, Brownell will absolutely be back for next season, one with legitimate NCAA tourney expectations. Even the Judge Kellers of the world can attest to that, and embrace that challenge.

And guess what? If it plays out to form, with the added pressure, we will make the NCAAs, and might even make a little noise next season. Expect a contract extension at that point plus enhanced buyout (because the demand for 11 year turnaround artists in NCAAM is so big), pushing Brad at least two more guaranteed seasons beyond that. The first of those will be a disappointment following the NCAAT run, upping the ante and heat for 22-23. Expect us to overperform that year though, starting the cycle over. Rinse and repeat.

Viva la Brad.

Go Tigers.

I am legitimately torn here. There are good arguments for both firing him now and giving him one more year. I am afraid, though, that this is exactly how its going to play out.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic