Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You know this kind of scheduling thing could never happen in
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,549

You know this kind of scheduling thing could never happen in

Dec 4, 2020, 9:42 AM

any year other than 2020. Butt, isn't it nice to see two Top Twenty teams decide to get together and smash helmets on one of the last weekends of the season? Especially when one of them is one of the few "feelgood" stories of the season?

Kudoes to Coastal Carolina and BYU for making it happen. This makes College Gameday being there even better than it would have been for a Liberty vs Coastal game. BYU is being slighted in the rankings, per my way of thinking. And Coastal wants to see if the slipper still fits. Should be a great game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You know this kind of scheduling thing could never happen in

Dec 4, 2020, 10:04 AM

Also aside from the actual good match-up on the field, GameDay being there is perfect to actually be on the scene of a game that was scheduled only 2 days earlier.

I really hope they go into everything that had to be sorted out and agreed upon to get the game finalized so quickly and get the teams ready to play.

The best part about it is that it wasn't switched by a conference or mandated, but the two schools wanted to play so bad that they went out of their way to try to make a game happen.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2020, 10:13 AM

It does not happen in a normal season because teams rarely opt out of playing a game and if they did every other team already has an opponent. This is why it would not happen in any year except 2020

Dec 4, 2020, 10:25 AM

Well BYU is independent. They can go anywhere and play anyone they want on the fly.

I don't think BYU is being slighted. Strength of Schedule is just not happening with them this year. Not their fault unless someone wants to blame them for not being in a P-5 conference. Notre Dame would be in same boat this year if they didn't have Swoffie always giving them everything they want without a commitment.

I am glad these two are getting together...

Dec 4, 2020, 11:30 AM

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,549
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic