Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am believed to had gotten COVID 19
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

I am believed to had gotten COVID 19

Mar 27, 2020, 8:42 PM

In February after working in Las Vegas during a large international trade show. There were probably 2500-3000 people from China with their flooring companies packed into the large conference center at Mandalay Bay. About 2 weeks after returning to SC I got a fever of 102.2 for one night, and then began coughing so much that at times it felt like I was drowning on dry land. It was horrible and very painful. I went to the doctor and they had just started posting information about COVID 19 but had no way to test for it. They treated me for Pneumonia and had my lungs X-Rayed. I had no fluid in my lungs so they treated me for severe bronchitis/walking pneumonia. They gave me a large antibiotic shot, then a 10 day antibiotic and a months worth of inhaler every 6 hours. None of it really seemed to help and I coughed so much that I almost got my abs back in shape for about 2 weeks. I made a full recovery, but I can see how it would be VERY difficult for elderly to handle that. Having said this: I am a type 1 diabetic but still very healthy (A1C has been in between 5.8 - 6.8 for over 15 years).

I posted this because I wanted people to know that it is not a guaranteed death sentence, and yes I KNOW I wasn’t tested for it, but my doctor has been in touch and said I am 1 of 3 people from Barnwell county that had ALL the symptoms with a history of travel since the outbreak happened. It has been over 8 weeks And a full recovery was made by 3 weeks, WITH diabetes. I am 34 years old.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am believed to had gotten COVID 19

Mar 27, 2020, 8:50 PM

Well glad you are fine.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2020, 8:56 PM

Thanks for sharing your story .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2020, 9:06 PM

Glad you are OK.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Mar 27, 2020, 9:26 PM

Thank you everyone!

Welcome back to the healthy!***

Mar 27, 2020, 9:29 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2020, 9:35 PM

Dang man. Glad you are better. Sounds really rough.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2020, 9:52 PM

It was something else. I thought a cracked a rib at one time. I’m in sales, so I quarantined myself without realizing it for 3 weeks since I could still take calls/email at home. Blind luck???

Mar 27, 2020, 9:51 PM

I heard the inhaler thing causes more problems than good. Glad to hear you survived.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2020, 9:53 PM

It 100% did! I told my doctor that whenever I used the inhaler, I would cough even worse

Mar 27, 2020, 10:16 PM

My wife & I had it over a month ago, we had bed sweats with hi fever and coughed our heads off. My wife got a inhaler & z pack and I saw my doctor but was much better quickly. He gave me pearls for cough. Wasn’t bad at all, I have 2 daughters w/lupus but neither got it. They take Plaqinial the drug that suppressed immune reactions.

This thing hit many before testing started. I’m glad the death rate has been low and pray you all avoid it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Mar 27, 2020, 10:40 PM

It sounds like you attended Surfaces. I work in the tile industry and know of four folks within our company who returned with similar symptoms.

Mar 28, 2020, 12:17 AM

Things for sharing....Glad you are feeling better.....Go Tigers!!!!

Mar 28, 2020, 12:22 AM

Thanks for your report. You are correct when you say it isn't a death sentence. I hope some find the encouragement they deserve.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remember that's you at 34. Add in the elderly

Mar 28, 2020, 1:33 AM

and the strain on our unprepared health care system and you see the problem, right?

So glad you are ok. I do think this is the 2and wave of this here.. we just didnt know!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I'm no professional, but logic makes me think as you:

Mar 28, 2020, 6:54 AM

this virus has been here for a while, infecting people, most of whom have recovered, and we just didn't associate their illnesses with a new type of strain.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2020, 8:21 AM

You probably didn’t have it. Otherwise it would still be spreading in your family.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Mar 28, 2020, 1:13 PM

It still could have spread to his family and no one showed symptoms.

Mar 28, 2020, 1:21 PM

Glad you came out healthy. If only you'd tried the president's patented fish tank cleaner, you could have saved yourself nearly a month's agony. :)

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic